Deadeye ascendancy talents

So im running doomfletch deadeye with LA/Barrage

Looking through top deadeye trees i see a ton of variation, can anyone help me out deciding what would be best for this build? Here are my impressions

Tailwind: Mandatory for defense/speed

Bleed: If im running chance to bleed gem and this talent in my mind its basically just a huge crit and multi boost, strong dps talent

Pierce: since my shots are always piercing, this frees up the pierce slots on my tree/link and since they pierce so much its basically +100% crit

Chain: huge clear speed

Far Shot: well its far shot but more importantly required to get the extra arrow and chain nodes

Accuracy: double accuracy lets me ignore accuracy on gear and tree to focus on flat phys

Aoe/extra arrow: here im really conflicted. The aoe doesnt benefit me as LA, right? But extra arrow is huge for barrage dps right?

The one real unknown is how important the extra arrow is on the aoe talent. If its a huge boost to barrage i could swap into tornado shot to take advantage of the aoe. If its not important im leaning towards accuracy/tailwind/bleed/pierce and ignoring the far shot area altogether

If it is important id probably go tailwind/accuracy/far shot/aoe+arrow

Any thoughts are appreciated im not an expert theorycrafter and have never played deadeye
Last bumped on Mar 16, 2018, 11:03:29 PM
Here's some thoughts to help you with your decision.

Tailwind: Just so very good. It makes you at least 10% faster at everything, be it moving or attacking. One of the best nodes in the game.

Bleed: You dont really need any other source of bleed to make maximum use out of this if you are attacking fast. 25% will be more than enough to apply bleed to everything with barrage, allowing you to get that crit bonus. Also, the sustain from the life gain on hit effect can be very helpful.

Pierce: Like you said, it allows you to get rid of pierce on tree, gear and links which could effectively add a chunk of dps (another support alone could add 30% more), and the crit is nice too.

Chain: Doesn't really add anything if you are using pierce. Only if an arrow doesn't pierce or fork will it chain. So I would say this is a safe bet to disregard. Probably the weakest node in my opinion.

Far Shot: Could be good, could also not be, depending on your playstyle. It will never be negative, but the actual dps you get from this is hard to gauge.

Accuracy: Kinda bland, but very good for crit builds. It basically allows you to forego some accuracy on your gear, lowering the cost of crit gear that is otherwise incredibly expensive. If you are not a crit build though you will probably be fine without it. Also allows you to use blink arrow for movement more often, but is not really needed anywhere else but lab, since your movement speed is gonna be pretty high anyway.

AoE/Extra Arrow: The extra arrow basically adds around 25% more dps to your barrage. It's good but requires you to take Far Shot. AoE does benefit LA, allowing it to chain to targets that are further away, however this is not really ever needed.

If I were to play a barrage character I would indeed go crit and grab the 4 "single" nodes in the ascendancy tree. Starting with Tailwind, then Pierce, then Accuracy or Bleed depending on what you need.

Hope this helped!
Last edited by Bardharr on Mar 16, 2018, 11:52:53 AM
Thanks so much for your thoughts! I didn't think of the life on hit being useful but I guess it certainly could be since I desperately want to skip vaal pact this time.
TS doesn't benefit from AoE.

"
Bardharr wrote:
Chain: Doesn't really add anything if you are using pierce. Only if an arrow doesn't pierce or fork will it chain. So I would say this is a safe bet to disregard. Probably the weakest node in my opinion.

This is wrong, since the node also adds 10% more damage per remaining chain. +1 chain means all your hits that pierce will deal 10% more damage. If 10% more dps from tailwind is a contender for 'the best node in the game', then this one should count as OK at least.

For each node, you should consider whether it will add 10% more dps to your build. If there is a node that doesn't, drop it and get chain.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
Last edited by dudiobugtron on Mar 16, 2018, 4:19:42 PM
Tailwind will usually be at 15-20% during combat provided your attack speed isnt garbage. Keep in mind being faster means you're less likely to die or get hit by fatal mechanics which is extremely helpful. +1 chain is 10% damage increase on its own or you can use chain support for 3 chains total however that gem has 31% less damage. Gloomfang adds a chain and makes this node pretty deadly for magma orb however.
For me I'm using piscators and kinetic blast/barrage:

1) tailwind - absolutely necessary and the +1000 evasion is great with queen of the forest.

2) far shot - 30% more damage most of the time.

3) endless munitions - allows me to feel comfortable using LMP instead of GMP. 50% AOE is great for kinetic blast.

4) I can't decide...if I did any physical damage (stupid piscators) I would be using rupture but I can't. Now I can't decide between chain, pierce, or accuracy...
"
link1313 wrote:
4) I can't decide...if I did any physical damage (stupid piscators) I would be using rupture but I can't. Now I can't decide between chain, pierce, or accuracy...

Just get a rando flat Phys mod? :) Piscator's itself doesn't deal Physical Damage, but it doesn't prevent you from dealing Physical Damage.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
link1313 wrote:

Just get a rando flat Phys mod? :) Piscator's itself doesn't deal Physical Damage, but it doesn't prevent you from dealing Physical Damage.

Omg thanks!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info