cast on melee kill support options maps

so, basically i am starting to try maps, only did a tier 1 one to test things out but it went good. Still learning about things

i am using a marauder lvl 73 with defence first, 12k armor okay resists except for chaos (-20%)
1h mace and shield.

on the chest piece i have it has 6 red gem places and 5 are linked so what i decided to do was put ice crash-melee pyschical support-cast on melee kill support-warlords mark-increased duration support.

this works pretty good for large groups of enemies as it hits them 3 times in a big aoe but when it kills them it debuffs them so they get hurt more by stun and gives health/ mana back

im wondering if there are any other spells that i should try replacing it with seen one that makes you invulenerable based on charges, but it doesnt last long and i didnt grab many charge nodes in passives, i think a similiar debuff to te one im using now would be best.

i am also using double strike as a boss killer and shield throw for range, just to add some utility for other scenarios. still have to fully level up shield throw and its support gems, doesnt do great damage but useful when dealing with large dangerous groups.

ill get the chaos resist when possible not sure when it will be possible though, maybe ill take a chaos resist pot while i am mapping until i find/buy something with it
lots of questions still, but trying to work it all out

thanks!
Last bumped on Mar 16, 2018, 4:38:56 PM
If I were you I would get rid of the cast on melee warlords and Inc duration and make your 5-link ice crash, melee phys, elemental damage,inc. aoe(mapping) conc. Effect(bossing) (they are the same color so just swap them depending on who/what your fighting) and something like cold pen.you will have to recolor the links but you will have much more damage. And then in your gloves,boots,helm something 4-linked put cast when damage taken, immortal call, inc. duration, and warlords Mark or enfeeble (more defensive). That should help you progress up through maps and have more damage and be a little safer at the same time. I just did those links off the top of my head real quick so maybe someone else will post with better links if those aren't the best. I can tell you cold pen won't increase your tooltip dps but it will help the cold damage from ice crash get past enemies cold resistance. I hope that helps and good luck

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info