Story Mob Density > Map Mob Density?

So I got pretty bored of the trade league pretty quickly since it felt like standard and leveled a new SSF character.

I noticed something that really annoyed me from a player experience. The density starting in the back half of act 8 through act 10 is crazy! Hoards of mobs rushing at you from everywhere with shield chargers and dischargers smashing your face when your resitances are the worst.

As an average player it makes you think "Wow this density is insane! These mobs hit hard as F!! Maps are going to be craaaaaazy!!!"

Then you hit maps and the density is so low in some maps that you scratch your head?

Is this fake hype intended or is it an oversight of the design of act 9/10?

There are literally points in the story where I'm running for my life as hoards and hoards of blue/yellow rares are chasing me. I really noticed it when I was going to the desecrated chamber for the second innocence fight. At a few points I even got kinda frustrated with all of the mobs body blocking my escape (couldn't kill them all fast enough).

Why is this like this? Does anyone else notice this or is it just my perception because my char is kinda weak (not res-capped usually; life rolls mediocre on all gear) at this point in the game?
Last bumped on Mar 13, 2018, 5:02:54 PM
yep and the drops agree... I am level 80 now and still using a bunch of mid 50s items because I haven't found anything better for most slots.
I’ve noticed that too, once u hit maps it’s feel empty, like club in 6 o’clock in t morning;) think it’s t inc pack size thru mods on maps, nobody gona spend alchs on white maps to get some more density;)
"There is only one true god in PoE and that is Greed... "

I don’t need anger management, I need people to stop pissing me off!
Doesn't need rocket science.You are simply wrong and I'll tell you why.

You see more of the level and monsters while leveling.The early levels till 60-70 where builds tend to go up in speed and power is where you will apparently run into monsters and not monsters gathering near you.That means a feeling of being empty where the opposite happens.

Moreover,in maps the obvious jump of monsters is very obvious.I mean you can feel in even a blue map that there are way more density not even want to count trigger conditions of past leagues where it isn't even comparable.

To know why I am right,do the following.Try going back with your leveled char to a map that has the same/similar layout.Go and get a new perspective or get new eyes,cause this circlejerk of self gratification without testing it won't get you nowhere.

Love,peace
Bye bye desync!
"
elwindakos wrote:
Doesn't need rocket science.You are simply wrong and I'll tell you why.

You see more of the level and monsters while leveling.The early levels till 60-70 where builds tend to go up in speed and power is where you will apparently run into monsters and not monsters gathering near you.That means a feeling of being empty where the opposite happens.

Moreover,in maps the obvious jump of monsters is very obvious.I mean you can feel in even a blue map that there are way more density not even want to count trigger conditions of past leagues where it isn't even comparable.

To know why I am right,do the following.Try going back with your leveled char to a map that has the same/similar layout.Go and get a new perspective or get new eyes,cause this circlejerk of self gratification without testing it won't get you nowhere.

Love,peace

I'm sorry man but I also agree, some act 8-9-10 areas have a greater mob density than the average map, by quite a good margin.

I'm speaking of the average map though.
Now.. if you take into account a good map with +30% pack size, it's another story.
Last edited by FrancescoV on Mar 13, 2018, 5:02:28 PM
Somewhat agree but it depends on the map. I've noticed starting last league that arcade/bazaar/underground sea/ghetto have insane density. Whilst lowly strand is almost completely devoid of monsters.

F
https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/988f3369-4b68-4eb9-bc0e-edfce4c3c950

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info