Keep Ya Head Up 'Zerker-kun!! [Short Leveling Clip Linked]

I have no idea why Berserker is treated like some unique item by GGG. All other ascendary classes solve problems, while the Berserker creates problems. All other ascendary class give some comfort, while the Berserker class gives stress and discomfort.

Totally agree that the zerker appears to be in alpha status. While all other clases have some quality of life stuff and awesome unique traits, zerker is (besides the Warbringer utility, that one is great) just a pure stats clusterfuck from stuff of the passive tree and unique item like debuffs with a 40% more damage cherry on top of it.

I tried playing the current zerker just gives me headache, no matter if in hardcore or softcore.

Rite of Ruin and Crave the Slaughter are fine, not really as strong as most of the Jugger and Champion stuff but it works good enough. The 10% max life per second debuff gets completely eaten by Warbringer, even with Blood Rage on, and you finally never forget to cast enduring cry anymore. NEVER EVER.

But really, those 0.25 sec Enduring Cry casting time all 2 to 3 seconds is just a pain in the ass. You literally gonna spend like 1/10 of your game time in the fucking enduring cry casting animation eventhough you are supposed to hit stuff with your swords all the time. This neverending mindless warcry spam combined with the 0.25 sec casting animation is really the most annoying thing ever. It gives me headache and I feel sick after playing. I cant sleep or eat anymore because of it.

How about any quality of life stuff for the zerker, GGG? Warcrys are instantly casted when on full rage or something THAT WOULD BE GREAT. Or give us some dank crit nodes instead.

Last edited by The_Human_Tornado on Mar 13, 2018, 12:08:21 PM
Zerker can be good glass canon class. I have zerker he can do all content in game. Clearing damage 721k with 50 rage over 800k.on boses i use concetrated effect instead of increase area and not buffed dps jump to 1.3m. Fuly buffed with flask and 50 rage is 2.5m.problem is everything except boses is one hit and then what? Everything is killed but still loosing life due to rage. That's big downside.
Nobody said that Berseker does not have damage, cause he does. His damage is actually almost as much as it was before the change. All you have to do is ignore rage, because for the most part using damage on full life will give better singe target than Rage + an inferior gem.

HOWEVER, let's take a look how Chris marketed the class. He tried to sell it to us, as the ultimate damage dealer, but with downsides making him a glass cannon and thus -for the most part- not hardcore viable.

If you look at the damage, and i have tested ALOT, both ingame with MY characters, and on PoB. Champion does more damage than him on a similar build. Inquisitor deals more damage than him against Shaper etc, with the right build. Trickster, Raider and Slayer do very little less damage than the Berseker.

So you got 2 classes that can deal more damage than Zerker, and other 3 that almost match him, except not only neither of all these other classes do not have any downsides, they also have good defensive/utility benefits, while The Berseker does not have any (and he shouldn't, his theme is sacrifising survivability for damage).

Berseker, to fulfill his role as Chris tried to sell us, and justify his huge downsides, has to be HANDS DOWN the highest DPS (at least melee - attack cause that's his theme) in the game. And i am not talking slightly. Definetely around 50% more DPS than the second best ascedancy, given same gear/build.
Last edited by astraph on Mar 13, 2018, 3:04:37 PM
"
astraph wrote:
If you look at the damage, and i have tested ALOT, both ingame with MY characters, and on PoB. Champion does more damage than him on a similar build. Inquisitor deals more damage than him against Shaper etc, with the right build. Trickster, Raider and Slayer do very little less damage than the Berseker.

GGG seem to completly misunderstand how serious damage scaling works in their own game:
Stacking multipliers, crit, added x% of phys, more projectiles, resist penetration.

His 40% more aside, Berserker only has "conventional" damage.

That's just not enough these days.
Same as the RT pure phys archetype is not enough these days.
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
Make it so the rage damage can be mitigated and you might have a deal.
"

Rite of Ruin and Crave the Slaughter are fine, not really as strong as most of the Jugger and Champion stuff but it works good enough. The 10% max life per second debuff gets completely eaten by Warbringer, even with Blood Rage on, and you finally never forget to cast enduring cry anymore. NEVER EVER.

But really, those 0.25 sec Enduring Cry casting time all 2 to 3 seconds is just a pain in the ass. You literally gonna spend like 1/10 of your game time in the fucking enduring cry casting animation eventhough you are supposed to hit stuff with your swords all the time.

I thought about this too, but I really don't want to cast my warcry always, forever and all day long.

I just stack life regen on my berserker.

Marauder start - 2.6%
Templar's Sanctity - 1%
Combat stamina - 1.8%
Duelist start - 2.6%
Heart of Oak - 1%
Helped Oak - 1%
Blood Grip amulet - 1.55%

-> 11.55% life regen

The only real investment in terms of passives was combat stamina (3 points), the rest I would have taken anyways because of life % or because it's right on the way to something interesting.

I run Rage + Blood Rage, preparing for double Rage on uber lab, just for the lols. ;)

What's kind of nice about this setup is that lab/trials are super easy with this amount of regen. On minus/no regen maps, I take out Blood Rage, and it's fine.
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
#AFK
Spoiler

"Stand and Bang, Doedre!"

Spoiler

Maps soon!

"
Peterlerock wrote:

Yea its for sure possible to outregen the degen without investing in too obscure nodes. But also keep in mind that every build used a movement skill with faster attcks + blood magic + fortify and that stuff drinas like another some percent degen.

I was just running a no regen map, at the end of the map I realized that I didnt press a single life flask thanks to warbringer, lol. Might as well replace them with utility or damage flasks, cause they are doing nothing at this point.

In my post yesterday I overexaggerated about the warcry spam because I actually tried to build up and keep rage without Crave the Slaughter on a character. It might work in theory but its unbearable to play like this all the time.
Last edited by The_Human_Tornado on Mar 14, 2018, 5:44:20 AM
Spent hours today not playing the game but instead gearing him up. Looking up obscure unique jewels and balancing resists and attributes. Dang. This has been one of the trickiest characters I've ever geared up. And to just throw a grenade out dere, SSF are making the game so much easier for themselves by not having to strategize at all about their builds' equipment.

#hottake
#truth
Due to Bestiary League's lack of loot pinatas, I've only found about half of the fuse that I normally would while leveling. So that is reflected in my gear. In Abyss there is NO WAY I would be settling for so many 4 links and even a 3 link!@! by level 68. Anywayz... and oh yeah, the only reason I have 2 of those 4 links is due to beast crafting, I didn't have enough fuse to make them normally. Not to mention it's harder to buy gear because I normally could use fuse to buy stuff too. Rant over

So this is Low Tier Mapping Gear is This for now. For those of you who didn't realize, yes this is a cast when stunned berserker. And yes it actually works. And yes you can play this character one handed if you wanted to lol. Ignore the links because as I said lack of currency forced me to just slap whatever gems I could into my higher level gear.

This isn't his final gear. He has some more tricks up his sleeve + I have to rework about 20% of his skill tree because we are leaving elemental overload for some actual crit damage also needing more armor and life. But right now at 3400 ish life he is able to glide through maps well enough to pick up some more passives until I have enough regret orbs.

I highlight the quartz flask because it's very useful with a cast when stunned build to be able to run through the mobs as well as your own frost walls... which i was forced to unsocket for now due to lack of crafting currency in bestiary.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info