About monsters dying to fast to capture!

I figured out last night that if you net the monster first then attack he cant die thus capturing the monster entirely. Instead of how I thought you had to do it by whittling its health down then tossing a net. I'm sure some know this but I just figured it out last night and I keep seeing people talking about monsters dying to fast. Not anymore. So again ..

1 - See beast,toss net, attack beast till its captured.

2 - Or , attack beast half way, net it then a=keep attacking,captured!!

I hope this helps.
Last bumped on Mar 17, 2018, 1:40:32 AM
Yeah thought the same, until the beast enraged and if you kill it then, it dies without capture..:/

As a Necromancer it’s hard to capture.. hope they bring the tier 11 nets to capture dead biests.. on computer you can trade tier 10 nets into tier 11 which makes bestiary league more fun without loosing killspeed..

Meanwhile I get a scroll of wisdom if I sell 3 tier 10 nets to a vendor

Keep farming and have good loot mate
Any time I toss the net "too early", I end up killing the beast. I assume it just works free from the net after awhile.

Also, I've thrown nets on low-hp beasts only to have them then magically regain a bunch of hitpoints, immediately. (Not fast regen, just "boom" magic hp gain. Do beasts equip panic flasks or what?)

Targeting any beast that has adds is a pain. It's not that I can't easily kill the adds, it's that if I try to and the beast is near them, it's going to get killed before I can target it with a net.

Don't nets only last about twenty seconds or so, tops? Less?

PS - GG, GGG, for making so many darn nets for me to have to deal with.. And, unfortunately, will have to drop net captures for a lot of map running, since I'll probably need that button combo for an attack/rebuff. But, there's only so many buttons available, after all.
i think i read they are adding necro nets next patch stay tuned
Dam really guys ? I ran 6 separate instances to test this out and it worked everytime, sorry I guess its bad advice :(
"
Dam really guys ? I ran 6 separate instances to test this out and it worked everytime, sorry I guess its bad advice :(

No problem, it's all good. Nets are difficult to use, anyway, so there's no reason not to expect a bit of confusion. Heck, I consider myself lucky if I'm even able to target the right mob... If it's too close to the adds and I have to whittle them down just to get a half-decent target, it's likely to almost be dead at that point, anyway. One extra attack and it's a goner and "Overly Enthusiastic Einhar" won't get to pop in and gloat over my capture.

That guy is weird...

"Ah ha! You have been captured, beast! Oh, and Exile, be looking for a sheep, yes?"

"Uh. A sheep?"

"Yes, a sheep! The Managerie needs a sheep! A nice, soft, fluffy... attractive sheep."

Edit-Add: I'm also now using an ice-golem, which doesn't help this situation at all, since it will happily kill anything that's aggressive. Last night, it chased down and slaughtered a bunch of "Frightened Civilians" while I was heading back to the Waypoint. Just murderized them while they were cowering against a wall... So, it'll be very enthusiastic about flaying alive any beast I'm about to net. (Srsly, though, bits and pieces of "Frightened Civilians" all over the place... and one smug looking Ice Golem. :) )
Last edited by Morkonan on Mar 12, 2018, 4:16:09 PM

Ok I jsut tried this again 15 times in 4 different regions and it works every time, Net the monster beat it down, it cant be killed with a net on it and when its health reaches zero its captured. Works every time.
Pretty sure you only get 3 seconds after throwing a net to get a capture. If you fail it will enrage, but don't worry. You can wait 6-8 sec after enrage and throw a 2nd net!
Xbox Gamertag - Corrison
Mixer - https://mixer.com/Corrison
That is true, I just wanted to speak on this because I see people on Youtube and on XBOX LIVE groups saying they kill the mobs too fast, just make sure you net them first and then you can beat on them till your hearts content. I will say targeting specific monsters is like dividing by zero even with a mouse, seems like it prioritizes the strongest monster in the vicinity.

One thing I dont get, am I suppose to be netting every red/yellow mob I see ? I thought it was only if it was new unless you needs mats ( monsters ) but I netted and captured a yellow monster that was not new and it gave me a ton of new recipes, I'm so confused.
Last edited by decrepit_birth on Mar 15, 2018, 8:59:11 PM
Capturing beasts is not that difficult. Just mop them and whonk them up a bit and then you throw the net and voila. Lol.
Even those you find killing too fast, you can capture without any trouble. Just throw the net at them and they´re captured. Don´t bother mopping them.

Also those that enrages after failed net capture is possible to capture. Just throw till they are captured. Just make sure they do have very little health left.

And yes, you do get new recipes when getting new captures even though it is of the socalled "same" creature. Like Ape for instance. You are having many apes, but they are not the same, but they are related. You do only get recipes one time which is actually new.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info