Online version of poe-sniper

IMPORTANT NOTICE: With the migration of poe-rates to https, returning users who already had setup filters on the http version won't see their filters anymore.

It is very easy to recover them however going through the following steps :

1. Go to http://poe-rates.com/live where you should see all your filters. Click on "Settings" and then select the "Import/export" tab. Export the configuration using the method of your choice.
2. Go to https://poe-rates.com/live. Click on "Settings" and then select the "Import/export" tab. Import the configuration you just exported using the method of your choice. Reload the page.

Hi everyone,

I would like to present you poe-rates :: live, an online port of poe-sniper. This tool lets you run live searches by parsing the latest item data from the Path of Exile API. The main benefit of this tool is the ability to centralize, organize and save searches within a single window.

The initial release of poe-sniper raised several issues preventing the tool to be used by everyone. Namely, you needed to:
  • Download a third party tool (electron app)
  • [/li]
  • Have an unlimited connection plan
  • Have a large bandwidth

With poe-rates.com/live, I addressed each of the issues:
  • This is an online platform, no need to download anything
  • Data is downloaded on my server and only matching items are sent back to the clients through websockets

Here is a tutorial video to get you started.

Mandatory screenshots

Search and notifications

Groups and filters with community site links

Invalid filters after league expired

Importing filters from poe.trade or the Path of Exile forums (builds, shops, etc...)

Features

Here is the set of features currently supported:

• Find underpriced items for each leagues
  • Create item filters based on various criteria:
    • Type
    • Armor/Shield/Evasion values
    • Affixes
    • Amount of links
    • Sockets (total and R/G/B/W)
    • Item level
    • Item tier
    • Gem XP%
    • Quality
    • Corrupted/crafted/enchanted/identified
    • Rarity (including non-unique)
    • DPS (Total, Phys)
    • League
    • Price
  • Import your poe.trade searches (see video)
  • Links to poe-rates.com and poe.ninja search as well as the official wiki
  • Notification support (both visual and sound)
  • Contact sellers by clicking on an item entry or toggle automatic copy to the clipboard
  • Blacklist support (see video)
  • Filter categories (see video)
  • Mod group support (NOT, IF, SUM, COUNT, WEIGHT, AND)
  • Poe.trade statistics and link to search form
  • Import poe forum links to create filters based on a specific build (NEW)
  • Import/export your configuration to Pastebin or local drive (NEW)

How does it work?

On the client side, users create and send filters to the filter engine running on poe-rates.com.

On the server side, the backend downloads item data from the API and sends matching items back to the clients with compression through websockets. Minimal processing is done on the client side (affix filtering).

Click here for a schema

Feel free to try the tool at poe-rates.com/live and leave some feedback in this thread or through the tool.

Also, please check the support page for FAQ or bug reporting.

Have fun :)

Changelog

30th of August 2018

• Content update for the upcoming Delve league

22nd of August 2018

• Added missing content from Bestiary, Incursion and upcoming league Delve
  • Fixed a bug where include barter filters would not list items with b/o

29th of March 2018

• the poe-rates.com domain is now using https, all communications between the platform and the clients are encrypted
  • It's now possible to export the tool configuration and filters to clipboard or share it on Pastebin (up to 10 uploads a day). In the same way you can import configurations from Pastebin or from a local file on your computer
  • Starting from this version a message will appear on top of the view if a new version becomes available
  • Filter limit amount is now fetched from the server
  • Fixed a bug where clients were not automatically resubscribed to the engine on server restart
  • Fixed a bug where it was possible to receive results by creating a filter without pressing start

21st of March 2018

• Uploaded new tutorial video on youtube

20th of March 2018

• Fixed filtering engine issue
  • Reworked import dialog, making it possible to create filters based on Path of Exile forum builds. Just give the link to the build and it will create the filters for you.
  • It's now possible set different sounds for different groups
  • Invalid filters (league no longer valid) are now displayed with a strong red background
  • Reworked the settings modal to be more compact using tabs
  • Whisper messages now display map tier, gem level and quality
  • Various bug fixes

14th of March 2018

• Added Feedback button

13th of March 2018

• Added bestiary creatures search
  • Mirrored items are now displayed as such

12th of March 2018

• Added poe.trade statistics
  • Added link to poe.trade search form

-----------------------------------------------------
Want to check out the price of your items? Check out http://poe-rates.com
Last edited by Licoffe on Aug 30, 2018, 4:05:25 PM
Last bumped on Aug 30, 2018, 4:05:48 PM
Thank for the tool, it does exactly what I've been missing from poe.trade. I can keep searching for many different items without having to have 30 browser tabs open, and I can close the window when I'm not playing and have it remember my searches for when I open it again.

I have a small feature request: would it be possible to assign different notification sounds to different search groups?
[disregard this, dumb user is dumb.]
Last edited by Abdiel_Kavash on Mar 16, 2018, 1:23:01 AM
"
Abdiel_Kavash wrote:
I have a small feature request: would it be possible to assign different notification sounds to different search groups?

It's not possible yet, but it's on my todo-list :)
Last edited by Licoffe on Mar 16, 2018, 12:28:36 PM
Hi again, something seems wonky with the search engine. I am looking for a Sidhebreath amulet, but I am getting no results - even if I disable all attribute values.

I have completely cleared all of my searches, made a new search for a Sidhebreath, unchecked BO only, and let it run. I am still getting no results, even though a poe.trade live search for the amulet finds a new one every 10-20 seconds.

Other filters I have are working fine; I don't know if it's this specific item that's bugged, or some broader class of items or searches. I was able to search for the amulet just fine yesterday, but today the same search returns no results.
Last edited by Abdiel_Kavash on Mar 17, 2018, 9:26:45 AM
"
Abdiel_Kavash wrote:
Hi again, something seems wonky with the search engine. I am looking for a Sidhebreath amulet, but I am getting no results - even if I disable all attribute values.

I have completely cleared all of my searches, made a new search for a Sidhebreath, unchecked BO only, and let it run. I am still getting no results, even though a poe.trade live search for the amulet finds a new one every 10-20 seconds.

Other filters I have are working fine; I don't know if it's this specific item that's bugged, or some broader class of items or searches. I was able to search for the amulet just fine yesterday, but today the same search returns no results.

Hi and thanks for reporting I would not have noticed this issue otherwise.

When an item matches the tree-like structure of the filter engine, it reaches the array containing the websocket ids of the clients subscribed to these search parameters. The item is then attributed a filterId field corresponding to the id of the client filter on the browser side and sent back to the right clients. Somehow, instead of giving different ids for different clients, it associates the same id for all the clients. On the client side the data is received, but the filter lookup fails since the filterId provided is only valid on one of the clients.

Tl; dr: if two or more people are subscribed to the same exact search, only the last one subscribing will get the data.

I’ll try to fix this bug as soon as possible.
Heh, that's quite a funny one.

Does that mean that, as a workaround, I could add some meaningless parameter (like item level > 1 or something), and as long as the search is globally unique I will get the results? Or are all searches for one particular item grouped together?

[Edit] Seems to work for now. (the workaround)
Last edited by Abdiel_Kavash on Mar 17, 2018, 4:07:06 PM
"
Abdiel_Kavash wrote:
Heh, that's quite a funny one.

Does that mean that, as a workaround, I could add some meaningless parameter (like item level > 1 or something), and as long as the search is globally unique I will get the results? Or are all searches for one particular item grouped together?

[Edit] Seems to work for now. (the workaround)

Yeah, that should work since nobody would have (hopefully) the same search parameters as you.

EDIT: Fixed the issue! I tried running the same filters on different devices and all of them got simultaneous results, so it should hopefully work fine now :)
Last edited by Licoffe on Mar 17, 2018, 6:36:19 PM
Hey, looks like great tool but i have a problem (posted about in in comments for tutorial, but here is image) - cannot use import button:

What i have to do with it?
"
Stikuz wrote:
Hey, looks like great tool but i have a problem (posted about in in comments for tutorial, but here is image) - cannot use import button:

What i have to do with it?

Yeah, there was an issue with the backend. Should be fixed now!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info