How Do YOU Eat Healthy?

I posted before that I lost 30lbs in 2 months. I look in the mirror and the temples of my forehead look like Mr. Piccolo or something bacause my head and face look so bony at this point. Not aneroxic bony, but UFC fighter after a weight cut bony. I'm still 180lbs, after all.

But my question for clean eating people out there, is okay, if I keep eating salad and veggies, I might continue to lose weight, but I don't necessarily want to keep losing weight at this rate, I'd rather level off at 175-180 and just keep it there.

I also don't want to get fat again. Dayum, y'all should see me swag in my new jeans i just bought. Anyways, I'm so dumb with food I only know how to lose lots of weight or how to gain lots of weight. I can't maintain.

What do the clean eating people eat out there to maintain a close to ideal weight? Cut out carbs? Do you eat white rice? Chicken? Beef? I have no idea what to eat anymore. T_T
Last bumped on Apr 11, 2018, 5:43:05 AM
Beer
I dont see any any key!
There are some things you need to figure out before you can choose the best meal plan for maintaining a healthy diet

exercise frequency and goals
TDEE or your total daily energy expenditure
Micronutrient needs (these should be somewhat general but some have deficiencies to certain ones)
Preference in regards to your feeding schedule (meal frequency)

There are no shortcuts in figuring the above answers out, so take your time and above all else don't lie to yourself or cheat

step 2 is making a list of foods you like, bad habits, lifestyle limitations (eating out for example)

step 3 is creating a plan that is manageable and one that you don't feel like you are starving yourself or on a diet - these types dont last long
I got a fever and the only prescription, is more cowbell!
Best way I know of is to eat other healthy people. If they're healthy and you eat them, that means you're healthy too!

...right?
You have to figure out how many calories you burn. If you count your calories and you are around there you will not gain weight. After awhile you can do it instinctively without actually counting. Everything about cutting carbs, cutting fat etc. is BULLSHIT. People just trying to market their product. 99% of the equation when it comes to maintaining weight is Calories in - Calories out. You can live on Burger king and still lose/maintain weight as long as your energy balance is on point.

HOWEVER:

1) If you are concerned with your health, your diet should include healthy foods. Veggies, Fruit, Fish, Eggs (mostly whites and some yolks), nuts and lean meats, poultry, complex carbs like pasta or rice in moderation. Everything that consists sugar, trans fats or is heavily processed should be avoided.

2) If you are working out and you wanna maintain or build muscle mass, you should consume enough protein.

3) Most people when counting calories, lose it because they only count daily. You should be aware of what you eat WEEKLY. To make it simple, if you are burning for example 2000 calories per day, that means you need 14000 per week to stay at the same weight. If a day you have a cake or something that will put you at 4000 calories that particular day, that week you actually ate 16000. People think it is not a big deal but it is, because 3500 EXTRA calories equal about a pound of extra fat. Meaning, do that for 2 consecutive weeks and you 've gained a pound. That being said you can you use that the other way around. On some days to eat less calories to make room for a day of eating more and still ending with 14000 at the end of the week and not gaining any weight.

My personal diet plan is weird. Regardless of if i wanna lose or gain or maintain weight that particular period, i do it like this: Set a weekly amount of calories, say 21000 (3000 cal per day). Then for 6 days(sunday to friday) i will just eat 2000 calories per day of EXTREMELY CLEAN FOODS. I am Greek, not American, so clean is different for us. Nothing frozen, Nothing fried, zero sugar, very little saturated fat, zero trans fats, tons of salads without dressins (some olive oil and vinegar propably), legumes, fresh fish, organic chicker breasts etc. You get the idea. Then on Saturday i will eat 9000 calories of whatever the fuck i want. Meaning burgers, sweets, ANYTHING.

This is not for everyone, but it worked GREAT for me, both for cutting and gaining weight AND maintaining.

PS: The reason that particular diet plan works for me and i am able to stick to it for long periods is because i actually ENJOY VERY MUCH even the very clean eating that i do for 6 days. I am not suffering. I just love the shitty stuff alot as well. And for me works better to instead of squizing the shitty thing that i crave into any day and adjust the same or the next accordingly, to have a day that i can be unrestricted on what i eat.

For most people i believe is better to just "cheat" their diet plan whenever they feel like it, and adjust their calorie intake by either cutting something else that particular day, or the next. In the end you do not want a diet that restricts you so much that you are having problems sticking to it. You want a nutrition plan that is comfortable for you and will stick to it FOR LIFE.
Last edited by astraph on Mar 8, 2018, 4:28:05 PM
Small portions, no processed food. Regular exercise. No coffee after 4pm ... oh, and wear sunscreen.
@Astraph : Wow man that sounds exactly like what I was wanting to do. I don't mind eating healthy foods. Shit I could eat an apple for breakfast, an egg for lunch, and a some salad and cottage cheese for dinner. And I have no problem with that because it all takes good to me honestly. And that's how I lost the 30lbs and it wasn't a struggle for me at all.

On the other hand... I LOVES me some

But the problem is once I open the bag I have to eat the entire thing. It's the only food that makes me want to eat bad. I don't care about pizza or burgers I just want these lol. So with what you are saying, I can eat clean foods 6 days and then on the 7th day I can eat like 3 bags of these all at once?

Ohh, sounds great, but perhaps a bit too good to be true. But I'll try hahahaha.
@ribbsey

and yeah I would do that 6 days and then 7th day go apeshit on junk food. I'm gonna try it and see if I gain weight or not. Plus I'm gonna exercise more. In highschool I had a reputation for being muscular the girls kept asking me if I played football. Let's get back to that, me. Hey if LeBron can write messages to himself online, so can I.
"
BearCares wrote:
@Astraph : Wow man that sounds exactly like what I was wanting to do. I don't mind eating healthy foods. Shit I could eat an apple for breakfast, an egg for lunch, and a some salad and cottage cheese for dinner. And I have no problem with that because it all takes good to me honestly. And that's how I lost the 30lbs and it wasn't a struggle for me at all.

On the other hand... I LOVES me some

But the problem is once I open the bag I have to eat the entire thing. It's the only food that makes me want to eat bad. I don't care about pizza or burgers I just want these lol. So with what you are saying, I can eat clean foods 6 days and then on the 7th day I can eat like 3 bags of these all at once?

Ohh, sounds great, but perhaps a bit too good to be true. But I'll try hahahaha.

Yes you can, as long as it fits your weekly energy balance. You HAVE to cut down calories the rest of the week. I know it perfectly well because it has worked for me for years. My typical saturday diet might consist of: a large pizza, 3 waffles with all kindds of cholate syrups and ice cream, and a bug burger with fries. As a point of reference i look like this:

HOWEVER I CANNOT STRESS THAT ENOUGH. YOU HAVE TO MEET YOUR WEEKLY CALORIE GOAL, OR YOU WILL GAIN WEIGHT.
Last edited by astraph on Mar 8, 2018, 4:57:06 PM
Ok, so what's your caloric goal per week and what foods do you eat when you are eating clean, I need details. I have DNA where I can get buff like that too so I figure I can just eat what you're eating lol. Oh, and what is the work out schedule?

Also I'm trying to think of a way to cut down on the salad as it's getting a might boring, maybe replace salad with brocoli, peas, and cheese toast (whole wheat bread). Who knows. Just tell me what you are doing. Basically I want to cheat off your test paper dude.

Edit: Lol it's in your first post. But still give me more examples of breakfast, lunch, dinner. Because when I go to the store I get lost on what to buy.
Last edited by BearCares on Mar 8, 2018, 5:07:34 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info