Dynamic Resolution Not Working

Dynamic Resolution seems to be lowering my resolution way more than it needs to be. Even with my target framerate set to the lowest possible setting (5, for experimental purposes) and my framerate sitting above 60 FPS I get a constant resolution drop as soon as I check the box.

I have the lowest possible graphics settings applied and my frames are usually between 40 to 60 except for areas where I need dynamic resolution to kick in. Unfortunately, as soon as I check Dynamic Resolution it instantly lowers my resolution and looks incredibly bad even in areas where I'm well above the target framerate. This never happened in 3.0 or 3.1 as Dynamic Resolution has been a must have for me and I love using it. Does anyone have a solution for this issue?
Last bumped on Apr 25, 2018, 7:18:53 PM
same problem
Стримы https://www.twitch.tv/alpa1
Гайды https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKzNSE5KhtoP7Pz-aqHUqkg
Same issue on my end. I noticed that my game was having some weird issues with slowing down/speeding up (game basically froze with animations still playing, then resumed with me speeding to where I was clicking), and I noticed my frames were going above 60fps. Whenever I try adjusting the target framerate, the framerate doesn't change at all. Playing on DX11.
Has anybody found a workaround? Not sure if the freezing is related, they just started happening around the same time.
Just adding another "Same issue" here. Dynamic Resolution worked great in 3.0 and 3.1. I don't know what changed in Bestiary League, but even with Dynamic Rez set to 30 and both POE and Steam showing frames above 60, Dynamic Rez kicks in and turns everything into pixels. I hope this gets fixed, I really liked this feature.
I'm having the same issue as well since sunday, change the target frame rate had no impact ... My performance didnt lower overall, but the resolution is always lowered(It's worse in open areas).
Last edited by Kieds on Mar 6, 2018, 9:04:17 PM
same issue here.

are there any signs that ggg is looking into this in another thread maybe? couldnt find anything.
same issue here.

anyone solved the problem with the Dynamic Resosution?
I have this problem as well it worked great before the bestuary league patch, but now it's on 100% of the time even if I put the target down to 5 FPS. Seems that Dynamic resolution thinks if it goes back up in res that my frames will drop no matter what target I set and thus its in perma potato mode
"only 10% of players care about melee" - Aesop's Fox if he was a GGG dev
"when you die in this game, typically you're getting one shot, you're dieing in one frame; almost always" -Ben_
sadly for us i think this problem isnt common enough to have priority :(
there was also a reddit thread with just a handful comments.

maybe its a graphic card related problem in combination with 3.2. i already tried tinkering with almost all the possible settings and installing old drivers with no success yet.

maybe we all have something in common with our setup
im playing on a laptop with windows 8.1 on a GeForce GTX 760M
what about you guys?
Last edited by robinrod on Mar 15, 2018, 3:29:35 AM
Same issue since last league, once dynamic resolution kicks in it never goes back to the normal one so it stays blurry until I change zones (Even when I'm above the FPS cap)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info