PC servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

My Lightning strike build. Help?

Okay, so I started this build recently to more or less learn how to build. I followed a build on my first character and got bored pretty fast. I like to make my own stuff. Anyway, this is what i got. Please give feedback, because i know i did something wrong.

Currently, at level 43:

I'm currently using LS with LMP or Fork, depending. The fork feels like more damage for the time being, so I use it more frequently. I use Heavy Strike for single mobs, and have clarity, leap slam, and molten armor for utility purposes. I try to max out my armor and HP from gear. I use my rings/amulet for the resistances my tree doesn't cover. I should also note i used a very powerful unique 2-handed sword up until 37 or so. I am no struggling finding a weapon that puts out enough damage.

My main issue is from any physical damage enemies. More specifically, archers of any kind will usually tear me up. This forces me to kite with LS and fork/LMP which takes far longer than it should.
Not bad, trying to go out and do you own thing is half the fun. I can see where your tree is lacking though. Not much +life.

Check out my thread to get some tips on what may help you going forward. Most melee templar builds have the same basic passive tree and it is difficult to do your own thing and be successful.
Okay, I love your guide. However, I should have explained myself a little better. I have been playing a couple weeks, and pretty much understand the acts/crafting/gems/currency(slightly). What i have a hard time choosing, is what i should be striving for in my build. You said more +HP. Would that actually help as much as an armor increase? And what should my HP and armor be at for my level/location (start of A3). That sort of thing.
HP is the greatest defense. Armor has diminishing returns. You can take a look at the mechanics thread at the bottom of my post. It goes into great detail about how Armor works.

I'm level 58 in Act 2 Merciless and I only have 1.4k armor but I have 3.5k health and I am so far able to survive. (I play on hardcore)

Here is a modified version of the build from my thread to incorporate more elemental damage. This focuses almost solely on life with some added damage.

I was wondering Phatman if that 15% inc. armor close to the Marauder isn't superior to 8 armor 8 energy shield?
If you're worried you've ruined your character then take a sigh of relief.

With a few respec points you can even this build back out to optimal.

The first spot I see is right at the beginning. You can take those 3 points in int nodes, and put them in the 3 ele dmg+ nodes. Also, I would respec your mana regen nodes. Invest those points into the improved buff group.

I made the changes here.Passive skill tree build

I'm no expert, but my first toon ended up being a LS templar. I wouldn't classify him as a success, (shitty gear, shitty skills) but those 2 points seem to be a requirement in most templar builds.

I ended up going for a more ES based defensive setup, but I've seen a lot of templars go down to the marauder tree. Just make sure you stay on defenses down there. If your using lightning strike all your damage is going to be elemental.
Last edited by RapidKitty on Mar 1, 2013, 10:48:26 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info