Waifu's Thicc Righteous Fire MF

If you're more into video guides click here!

What it Do
Spoiler

Simple farming utilizing Divination Distillate in conjunction with the Keynode Mind Over Matter. This interaction drains out mana and allows us maintain Distillate's flask effect. Normally, we'd top off our mana either with leech or mana recovery from Distillate itself which shuts off the flask.

Right now, with Day 2 League gear, I have 57% IIQ. Not only am I rocking that decent IIQ, but I've managed to reach 6300 HP.

Pros:
-Super Tanky
-MF Viable
-Easy Leaguestart
-Budget
-Super Thicc
-EZ Mapping(simply shield charge my dudes)

Cons:
-Might have to level using a melee skill until 45-60ish
-Can be tricky to know when to swap to RF
-Feels bad leveling with RF without leveling uniques
-Can't boss extremely well with MF gear and lack of Scorching Ray

Skill Tree + Bandits:
Spoiler

18 Points
35 Points
61 Points
81 Points
112 Points

https://pastebin.com/pDhSEQXh (For Path of Building; this also includes all the leveling trees)

I connect Life and Armour kind of early so when I go to respec the melee damage, things are easier. This is preference. You can try to swap to RF around 60 points, and instead of going to Sanctity you Path up to Holy Fire and grab Mind Over Matter to mitigate self-damage. This also means you spec out of the melee nodes sooner, and work your way toward Barbarism and Arsonist.

Common set ups for melee skills are something like Sunder - Added Fire(replace with Melee Physical ASAP) - Faster Attacks. Normally you'd have a strong main hand weapon, then any offhand since Sunder only swings with main hand; sometimes I like getting my colors on my off hand and using the link set up as a "stat stick" since you'll never have to worry about chroming for your set up after awhile. This falls off later on, so you might want to look for a 4L with 3R and 1G and add Added Fire back into the mix up.

Important things to note: Swapping to RF early means you NEED key uniques such as Shaper's Seed, Springleaf, 2 Kikazaru, and possibly a Divination Distillate. On top of the uniques, you must obtain a Ruby Flask and a Stone Golem.

For Bandits, I opted for 2 skill points; Oak is fine if you like the extra regen. If you take Oak, you'll have an easier time swapping to RF earlier, but I feel like it's the weaker option late game since a jewel can net you 40+% damage or solve resistance issues commonly caused by running MF gear.

Skill Setup:
Spoiler

Righteous Fire - Increased Burning Damage - Elemental Focus - Inc AoE

Blood Magic - Flame Dash - Enduring Cry

Blasphemy - Flammability - Purity of Fire

Shield Charge - Blood Magic - Faster Attacks - Inc Crit Strikes

Cast When Damage Taken - Immortal Call - Inc Duration x Portal

Now, there are a few options and optimizations here for later game. Firstly, Righteous Fire can be socketed in an Elder helmet with Conc Effect and Burning Damage supports for socketed gems. This changes your links to something like [RF - Ele Focus - Inc AoE - Efficacy].

Another optimization is putting Purity of Fire into a white socket Pariah ring. This nets us two levels on Purity of Fire which helps a ton with fire mitigation if you have a lv 21 gem. Once this happens, you can move your portal to your Blasphemy link, then add Blood Rage either as part of your Cast When Damage Taken, or as a self-cast for longer duration and a more controlled approach. Only do this if you feel Invincible and remain feeling that way after you have Blood Rage going.

Obtaining Elder Insanity gloves with socketed gems are supported by Faster Attacks seems like wet dream territory, but hey, it could happen alright? IF you somehow manage to craft these, you can also support Shield Charge with Fortify making us tankier. I opt into Inc Crit Strikes because with Jugg's Ascendancy notable Undeniable we gain 99% uptime on Elemental Overload. From a Softcore perspective this is a better option to clear T8-10 maps which this build excels at.

In Hardcore, I would go Unrelenting and instead of Inc Crit Strikes I'd take Fortify on Shield Charge. At that point, I'd probably spec out of Elemental Overload on the tree as well.

Ascendancy and Pantheons:
Spoiler

Juggernaut:
Unflinching - Unbreakable - Unyielding - Undeniable

Pantheons:
Major: Soul of Arakaali: This gives us reduced damage taken over time, and 50% life recovery if Immortal Call procs and stops us from taking damage from Blood Rage

Minor: Soul of Shakari: Chaos clouds are a bitch, and this helps us mitigate them a bit.

Gear:
Spoiler

This is my current gear in Bestiary. Kaom's is carrying my damage at the moment; prior to acquiring it, I still did decent damage while procing Elemental Equilibrium. To proc EE, you need to have a source of added lightning or cold damage to attacks. Currently I'm using gloves with added lightning, but eventually this will be more difficult to put on gloves (Insanity rolls are expensive, so I'm likely to just use any rolls I get for them with a prefix open for crafted life). So, I'll eventually use something like an abyss jewel with added cold damage to attacks.

I might use Bisco's eventually, but for now the 6% quantity amulet will suffice. It's better than not having quantity in that slot, and the current amulet I have has an open slot for life or a res, but I'm waiting for a higher level elreon to do the craft. Right now the goals are getting a second Ventor's. I feel like I need an Atlas setup for Shaped Volcanoes and Shaped Channels to generate currency for the rest of the gear (White socket Pariah, Insanity gloves, etc).

Flasks:
Spoiler

Instead of the instant Divine, I'd like a Bubbling or Catalysed Eternal of Seething. Right now I'm a bit shy on alts and I don't have the beasts for crafting it via the Zoo. And I want a better Basalt as well (Chemist with a 23% reduced charge roll with Warding). And I really want my Adrenaline roll on my Quicksilver Flask, and Heat on Ruby--I think this is just my OCD kicking in though.

Videos:
Spoiler

Gorge(T4)
Canyon(T4)

Higher tier map videos will be out as soon as I shape my atlas up!

Closing Notes:
Spoiler

So far this build is playing as well as the Pathfinder Righteous Fire MF character I built during Abyss League. The Endurance Charges from Jug makes it feel tankier than the Pathfinder. I miss the flask effect/duration from PF, but, overall I think Jug is a stronger choice. The AoE we gain, and the Elemental Overload engine via Undeniable puts us over the top with damage compared to other options.

Now, for non-MF builds, Low-Life RF will always do more damage. On top of that, even for life-based RF builds, Trickster I think can beat us out. However, they aren't able to utilized Divination Distillate for MF because of their 4% mana recovery on kill from Patient Reaper. I'll be updating this guide with new gear and any changes on the skill tree I happen to make.

If you have any questions, feel free to post a reply before and I'll do my best to promptly respond. Alternatively, I stream everyday but Tuesdays here. Good luck with the drops, and stay safe exiles!
Last edited by WaifuGate on Mar 5, 2018, 6:47:05 AM
Last bumped on Mar 21, 2018, 10:14:00 AM
don't bother with zerker. you are going to have 5% life degen with new changes. fucking GGG. total shit SC class now.
"
mayainverse wrote:
don't bother with zerker. you are going to have 5% life degen with new changes. fucking GGG. total shit SC class now.

Yeah, I didn't foresee the warcy issues regarding Rage. I respeced to Jugg and updated the guide accordingly. MUCH better now!
Last edited by WaifuGate on Mar 5, 2018, 1:52:43 AM
Hey. What content does this build?
Last edited by DeeBesong on Mar 16, 2018, 3:16:27 PM
"
Hey. What content does this build?

I cleared Hydra with Magic Find gear on. I think it's easy to swap out some pieces in order to clear higher tier maps, but it blew through T11-16 maps quite easily once I got the correct setup for it (Kaom's Heart and such).
Im gonna try this with insanity gloves and Doryani's Catalyst for some more damages and maybe a scorching ray setup ill link when I do it gotta get more currency tho thoughts?
"
llamaceal wrote:
Im gonna try this with insanity gloves and Doryani's Catalyst for some more damages and maybe a scorching ray setup ill link when I do it gotta get more currency tho thoughts?

I was able to clear Hydra with MF gear (including Brightbeak) so it should push bosses pretty easily. I didn't even have Scorching Ray on it. I think those changes would make it more consistent on bosses if that's your goal!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info