Constant lag spikes make it unplayable

"
Nighttest wrote:
The game has been contaminated with latency peaks since 3.3 and especially since the 3.3 Race.. For a few days now it has become completely unplayable. This is just a big shit! It does not work that way, it's no fun.

Pls fix it

It has gotten absolutely insane for me in the past 2 days. Today I went to run lab on my newly level'd toon and as soon as I go into Izaro's room I get an instant spike to 1800+MS and the game just freezes completely. I let it sit there till it fixed itself and saw 3 minutes of in game movement flash by in about 10 seconds. These spikes are happening in hideout/town but not as bad. I can reproduce the spike in Izaro's room continuously though. Happens on all US realms. Sometimes I will be stuck in an eternal loading screen and be forced to log out only to instantly log/load in after doing so.
Last edited by MapRef41N93W on Aug 21, 2018, 5:06:37 PM
company gets bought out by chinese mega corporation same time server quality goes down the tubes. Coincidence?
The only time the game opens in Fullscreen is on Patch days. No matter how many times I reset it, I get Windowed.
I also have to deal with the game taking 3 log in attempts before it will allow me in.

Then there's the Lag.... :/
I have walked through the Valley of Death & emerged the Shadow of Evil

The Gene Pool needs chlorine

Humanity is the worst STD Mother Nature ever contracted
http://prntscr.com/kr3zvy

Also, I've already checked. This is NOT on my side. This has been going on for about two weeks now.
I have experienced this issue enough to assure The OP that this is from GGG side 100%.

Dont bother contacting tech support. You will waste your time and lose even more faith with GGG.

-- I have documented emails of my own personal correspondence with GGG tech regarding similar issues as The OP that will support my stance on this.

Sometimes these issues are fixed in a patch. Sometimes a patch can Make it worse.

It has nothing to do with your ISP or packet loss or router or SSD or whatever.

MAIN POINT

If you Experience these issues...you simply have to live with it and wait for some future fix from GGG.
There's devils on each side of you with bottles in their hands.
You need one more drop of poison and you'll dream of foreign lands.
I have this to...
I ping google.com
14-18 ping
i ping Frankfurt - fra.login.pathofexile.com i have 12-14 ping
i have 40 km to Frankfurt.

In game like in this YT clip....

Fix this game, I've been waiting for so many years. When will this end ?! I really have to look for another game to play?
"
magicspin wrote:
company gets bought out by chinese mega corporation same time server quality goes down the tubes. Coincidence?

SoftLayer was bought out by IBM Cloud and the HardLayer fiber backbone still has laggy hops much of the time (just run WinMTR to Dallas realm to see for yourself). For my link coming from Miami Through Atlanta to the WDC realm the Atlanta hop can get super laggy too at times (last Sunday was especially bad). So it's not the servers or data center where the lag occurs but the hops between me in SW Florida and the PoE realm that causes the lag. But it is GGG's own coded netcode that is super sensitive to any Internet data packet delays that is the real problem. But GGG does all processing on the server so the client can't be hacked and that is an extra communication load that requires < 100 ms latency all the time to play PoE smoothly.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
always lags and always disconects!!!! thats why i uninstall your game and instald d3. i have no nerves of this shit servers
Take it from a network engineer being myself, if 99.9% of every player in Path of Exile isnt having any connectivity issues and or stabilization issues yet you are, its your hardware. Hate to put it that way but someone has to. Hard cycle yoru router first off to clear out any temp and or broken ip pathways. second cmd recycle ur Ip and also clear your cache. Step three verify your nic card is properly working and step 4 this is the most important one GET OFF YOUR POTATO AND GO BUY ACTUAL GOOD INTERNET.

Thanks and hope it helped.

Last edited by Viscelentius on Oct 22, 2018, 1:46:14 AM
"
Viscelentius wrote:
Take it from a network engineer being myself, if 99.9% of every player in Path of Exile isnt having any connectivity issues and or stabilization issues yet you are, its your hardware. Hate to put it that way but someone has to. Hard cycle yoru router first off to clear out any temp and or broken ip pathways. second cmd recycle ur Ip and also clear your cache. Step three verify your nic card is properly working and step 4 this is the most important one GET OFF YOUR POTATO AND GO BUY ACTUAL GOOD INTERNET.

Thanks and hope it helped.

So then why be an ass for those who are looking for help? I'm having the same issues and trying to read through these posts but it seems posts like yours keep popping up degrading people. I'm actually reading to try and find a solution to the issues I am having.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info