Constant lag spikes make it unplayable

The thing that is most sad about this, is the complete non response from GGG. This thread is 6 pages long, and no feedback.

I have a high speed fibre connection to my house, I have 32gig ram, a 1070gtx graphics card, an i5 processor and the game is on an SSD. I still experience lag and stuttering quite often. I am REALLY glad I don't play on hardcore, because the server side lag has killed me so many times.

Chris implied in the last interview with Zizaran that Server rent was pretty expensive (This regarding the Battle royale thing). All of this, the non-response from GGG and the persistent trouble many players has, makes me think that GGG is cheaping out on the servers to improve their bottom line.
Another day of lag spikes and another mandatory "GGG you suck" daily post.

Not a day without this kind of crap

GJ, GGG, you're the laughing stock of the industry.
Last edited by derdeniska on Apr 11, 2018, 1:00:49 PM
Makes sense to cut the servers down halfway through the league when there are few players to be affected by the lag in order to save money. Just died to this on hardcore, which GGG knew i would do and that they were hoping for, since losing my char halfway through the league to server spikes is worse than being banned.
Last edited by sepetaiya on Apr 18, 2018, 1:32:07 PM
"
derdeniska wrote:
"
diopside wrote:
I am playing on a 3 years old laptop on my phone's internet (I use my phone as mobile hotspot) and still never get any problems lol. Sure it gets a bit pixelated while fighting large amount of enemies but FPS never goes below 60 and I never get lag spikes. I can't even imagine what shitty setups you guys must be using :D

Did you actually bother reading the entire thread or just jumped in with your idiotic conclusions? Please don't answer, the question is entirely rhetorical.

I just love this forum xD
Tried 5 different VPN clients just for the lulz, lag spikes via all 5.
GGG you still suck.
"
derdeniska wrote:

I don't get any of this on the Texas gateway, mine is pretty steady 35ms. You should get in touch with their support. Posting here with no information does nothing for you.
If he was actually looking for help this thread would be in technical support, not GD.
Last edited by Nubatron on May 8, 2018, 8:32:57 PM
"
lurker14ownz wrote:
"
derdeniska wrote:

I don't get any of this on the Texas gateway, mine is pretty steady 35ms. You should get in touch with their support. Posting here with no information does nothing for you.

3 month of tech support total silence. Why would they answer, once they know the problem is on their end they ignore you.

And again lag spike in traps in uber lab = death, thanks idiots, you still suck.
Last edited by derdeniska on May 12, 2018, 2:30:31 PM
As a sidenote Derdeniska, no one cares about your lag issues. You have them, GGG has issues on their end that they're resolving and it's likely more complicated than you know because from what I understand, you aren't GGG staff. That being said, I've got lag too. I suspect that it's on their end due to their servers not being the best. So what am I going to do? Go play something else! They listen to data more than one dude bitching uselessly on the forums, so if you want to see something change, why don't you go play something else and come back to it, instead of crying when you die on the second izaro fight in lab that takes 5 minutes to get to? Just a suggestion, and I know you won't listen, but I figure someone may as well say something a little more constructive here.
"
derdeniska wrote:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2076930

That was provided to tech support. And D3 doesn't lag, so yeah yeah my ISP...

The only thing that is "GGG's fault" is that they chose SoftLayer/HardLayer as their game server hosting company way back at the beginning. I have run into QoP issues many times that playing on the Dallas realm was fraught with major lag due to high latency in HardLayer nodes in Dallas area. I switched over to WDC realm to avoid Dallas problems but one of my Internet links goes through a Quest Communications fiber backbone and the Qwest data hand-off to HardLayer occurs at the Atlanta NAP. I finally got a Comcast connection in my home as a backup and switching to it for PoE the data hand-off from Comcast to HardLayer is in the Miami NAP (I'm in Cape Coral FL). So far in a couple months of play on Comcast PoE has been much smoother with much improved QoP.

GGG knows that HardLayer has many data flow problems that directly impact PoE more than any other on-line game. I can play D3 on either of my 2 Internet links and play is butter smooth with no lag. Then run PoE and suffer high lag on Quest fiber backbone to HardLayer and very low quantity of lag using Comcast. Since the major NAPs where the fiber data carriers peer and pass their data to/from other fiber carriers to outside the direct control of GGG we can always submit WinMTR statistics but little to nothing can do done to mitigate PoE lag.

GGG can only seek ways to optimize their netcode for better QoP which isn't a trivial task so your playing is not likely to get smoother anytime soon (if ever). Sorry.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info