Constant lag spikes make it unplayable

I'm having similar issues as we speak. I didn't last league I played.

I can play any other game, do any other thing on the net I want, stream videos/play netflix and play other games with zero lag. But PoE lags and spikes like crazy atm. Just random maxed out spikes. Mine isn't as jittery as the OP, steady, then huge max spike, steady huge max spike.

I just said fk it and will play something else until I figure it out or it fixes itself. I played last league with zero issues.
"
derdeniska wrote:
Dear GGG, I would like to bring it to your attention your otherwise awesome game is currently completely and utterly unplayable. Tech support doesn't seem to be able to deal with it, I've sent a mail with all the required information, which clearly shows the problem is on your servers side, and for more than a week I can't get an answer. In a meanwhile this is how I play for past month or so: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5_Y_WyOp2o&feature=youtu.be

This is a joke, this is not a game, this is a circus with tech support for clowns.

Ive been Playing poe since closed beta....like 2k13 or what was it ?
I was having the same problems.
Tried contacting ggg support, reporting my interned data via some program cant even temember now what it was.
Some times i coud play for days with no problem at all and some days i woud lagg to the point that was unplayable.
This game was and still is very badly optimised.
Unless you are playing on a good internet conection and mid to high end machine
you are going to have problems.
out of nowere laggs for no reason, random disconects and freezes.

Oh yes, forgot to mention that on my old laptop every time i was starting the game it woud take me 2 to 3 login atempts to actualy login into the game.
Hapens to other people 2.
These are not new issues, its the game that runs like that.
Upgraded to high speed fiber optics and build myself a new pc a couple of months back......everything disapeared, no laggs, no DC, no problems at all.
One will think a game with 2010 graphics will run well on not so new PCs
Last edited by intersept on Nov 3, 2018, 12:46:53 PM
"
Viscelentius wrote:
Take it from a network engineer being myself, if 99.9% of every player in Path of Exile isnt having any connectivity issues and or stabilization issues yet you are, its your hardware. Hate to put it that way but someone has to. Hard cycle yoru router first off to clear out any temp and or broken ip pathways. second cmd recycle ur Ip and also clear your cache. Step three verify your nic card is properly working and step 4 this is the most important one GET OFF YOUR POTATO AND GO BUY ACTUAL GOOD INTERNET.

Thanks and hope it helped.

"
Viscelentius wrote:
Take it from a network engineer being myself, if 99.9% of every player in Path of Exile isnt having any connectivity issues and or stabilization issues yet you are, its your hardware. Hate to put it that way but someone has to. Hard cycle yoru router first off to clear out any temp and or broken ip pathways. second cmd recycle ur Ip and also clear your cache. Step three verify your nic card is properly working and step 4 this is the most important one GET OFF YOUR POTATO AND GO BUY ACTUAL GOOD INTERNET.

Thanks and hope it helped.

Read what i posted earlyer.
I can assure u its not only him that has these issues and they are NOT a new thing.
And the frustrating part of this is that when u ppl post about it on the forums or contact ggg they get told OH ITS ONLY YOU NO1 ELSE IS HAVING ISSUES, ITS NOT ON OUR PART.
Fliping......
Try runing this game from 2013 on a normal 5 years old laptop. then come back and let me know about ur experience. engineer......
run it on low with that resolution w/e option is called that downscales your res to try and keep up ur frames.
then we'll talk.
Havent seen another game yet that requires me to be on fiber optics in order to not lagg. only this 1 ....
Insane lag spikes today, ping jumps from 30 - 160 ish, delving is next to impossible.
Just started playing again after a break. Had lag spikes all day yesterday and today. Great! Never had these problems before. Other games work fine...
i don't know wtf you all talk about lol i've never had a SINGLE lag spike in the last ~2 years except league starts and i'm playing almost every day ( well there were maybe 2-3 days when i lagged but it was on my side and a router restart fixed my problem)

also my fps is at 60 even in 6p parties with lots of shit happening, i'm playing on a ryzen7 1700 and gtx 1070 at 2160p

soo wtf :D
It is your connection with the server you have selected. While it might not be a problem with your computer/router it doesn't mean the issue is the server. If your ISP goes through bad nodes towards the server you need to do a proper traceroute preferably with a nice program like WinMTR. Find the node that creates the issue and contact your ISP so they either can contact the gateway owner to alleviate the issue or route the traffic differently. I have done this several times with various games and the ISP has always come through as long as I provided them the exact location causing issues.

Bigger companies have the resources to make sure their servers are located at spots that get good and stable traffic from most areas and probably take precautions to make sure there are good quality route options for all countries/locations. Smaller companies rely on the playerbase to notice bad routes and report them in.

Just chiming in to say I'm also have the same problems. It started for me around the beginning of Incursion League, got worse rapidly to the point that I can no longer play. Especially considering I like to play Hardcore.

I don't have the greatest comp but have been playing PoE fine for years. Then all of a sudden, bam. Can't play. I recently got a new SSD, RAM, and Graphics Card. Didn't help.

For a while I was able to use a hard wired connection for internet and it seemed to solve the issue. Although I only played for a few minutes because it was the middle of delve league and I don't like jumping in late/none of my friends were playing. Unfortunately my situation has changed and cannot connect with a cord anymore. It's just sad that for some reason PoE, and PoE alone, doesn't comply with a wireless connection. No other game/program gives me any problems.

I'd understand getting a few lag spikes here and there, I've died to that plenty of times and it doesn't bother me, I know my internet set up isn't ideal. I've gotten pretty good at rerolling. But the point it's at now makes hard to walk around town due to the constant stuttering/freezing.

I really like poe and wish I could hear something from GGG about a solution. I've been scouring forums and looking through posts that go way back. Tried dozens of "solutions." Nothing.
I had the game freeze up for about five seconds today and died while trying to level up my level 90 Berserker. I was so angry at life, lol.

If you are wondering what's going on, Chris Wilson discuses it pretty well in this interview https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKgvHRzt3ao If you scroll to about 35:30 to 40:00 in the video, he talks about how they address performance issues and the engine, and lag. People make a lot of requests for them to not do a league for a season and use that time to fix issues such as lag. I wish they would do that too. But they need to keep focusing their attention on adding new content to attract new players or else they will lose money. The engine and lag is something they will gradually work on over time. So there are improvements even though it doesn't really feel like it.
Builds
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2149153
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2245701
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2664371
Shaper Guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2252008
Path of crashing

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info