Constant lag spikes make it unplayable

Dear GGG, I would like to bring it to your attention your otherwise awesome game is currently completely and utterly unplayable. Tech support doesn't seem to be able to deal with it, I've sent a mail with all the required information, which clearly shows the problem is on your servers side, and for more than a week I can't get an answer. In a meanwhile this is how I play for past month or so: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5_Y_WyOp2o&feature=youtu.be

This is a joke, this is not a game, this is a circus with tech support for clowns.
Last edited by derdeniska on Mar 1, 2018, 3:54:31 PM
Last bumped on Dec 12, 2018, 8:38:49 PM
How does that show it is on GGG side of the house? Looks like a lag spike from your ISP or an old Wifi router. Did you do a traceroute back to the server and see some high ping nodes?
I can assure you thats on your part. Get a fucking better internet connection holy shit its 2018. I on the other hand do not play like that, if the game spiked like that for me id fucking kill myself roflmao.
Look on my works ye mighty, and despair.

Harvest league oh you are beautiful.
Dude,change lockstep mode to predictive. In options.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2076930

That was provided to tech support. And D3 doesn't lag, so yeah yeah my ISP...
"
I can assure you thats on your part. Get a fucking better internet connection holy shit its 2018. I on the other hand do not play like that, if the game spiked like that for me id fucking kill myself roflmao.

His connection has nothing to do with it. The engine is terrible and the servers aren't amazing. I have the same issues, along with random (but frequent) FPS drops (90+ to 1, constantly) which along with the latency make the game literally unplayable.

It's not my PC. It's a gaming spec'd laptop and it plays everything else fine... This is the only game where I've had issues.

Also, there's a weird bug where the game always starts up in Windowed mode, no matter how many times you set it to full screen... It will also, sometimes, randomly revert the engine setting from DX11 to DX9 Ex (whatever it's called).

I get all of these issues standing in an empty map with just my character, and no other NPCs or players, on the screen.

I can, however, assure you that your punctuation keys are broken.

The game is good, but the code is shoddy and the servers aren't all that.
"
Melanholic7 wrote:

This is the suggestion that I get from people on Twitch, but it brings rubber banding with it. It doesn't fix my graphical issues, though.
no need to crap on this guy fellas, he supplied a report showing it isnt his ISP

I havent dealt with tech support personally but if they are anything like the customer service dept of GGG expect to wait multiple days to get a reply
I got a fever and the only prescription, is more cowbell!
"
Melanholic7 wrote:

So I'll have a choice between having to stutter step until I get seizure, or rubber band back and forth along with mobs, trying to shoot thin air and get teleported into traps in lab and die.

Seriously GGG, get your shit together and fix this.
For 1000-th times lagged today for more than a second and died to corrupted blood with no chance to save myself. In a game where you can get 1 shot or die under 1 second if you don't react such lags are total bullshit. GGG FIX THIS CRAP ALREADY THIS IS RIDICULOUS!!!
Last edited by derdeniska on Mar 8, 2018, 1:36:50 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info