Advice needed to finish the Atlas!

Hi all,

I clocked 500+ hours into the game and love it. Want to finish it finally when the new update comes out :)

I cant figure out a build which would be strong enough to finish the game. Tier 10 maps were I could get maximum. Please recommend me a very strong build which would take me through the Atlas :)

I have a condition though! I don't trade items in the game. It must be a build which is not item dependent...if there is such.

PS.: had only 2 very high level characters so far.

1. Summoner focusing on zombies/specters
2. Duelist with max block chance

None of those builds worked out unfortunately. Cant kill bosses on tier 10 maps and higher...

Thanks a lot guys.

Eddy
Last bumped on Feb 24, 2018, 10:37:56 AM
spectres is very good to me tho xd doesn't need much and u probably just didn't do it right
"Now all that's left is for you getting on your knees."
if you know thanks me:) i'm dying to find out x'D
Look in the class forums for any build shaper/guardian capable and it can do everything (except maybe uber atziri or hall of grand masters) and look for the SSF entry.
In 3.2 hierophant glacial cascade totems will be extremely good SSF

Spectre build you listed should be able to clear the atlas if built right.
Last edited by lurker14ownz on Feb 23, 2018, 3:15:28 PM
"
LionEddy wrote:
I have a condition though! I don't trade items in the game. It must be a build which is not item dependent...if there is such.

Prepare for an extremely long grind, both to gear up your character to the level where you can actually face the endgame; and to actually find the map items required to face the guardians and Shaper. It could take you months even if you already know what you're doing, unless you plan to spend eight hours per day on the game.

The endgame is not just a matter of having a great build in mind. You actually need to find the one percent of one percent of good items that can make the build work, and you need to find the maps to run. Endgame PoE is not a linear hallway where the next room opens as soon as you complete the last one. There is no guarantee that when you fully clear a T13 map, you get a T14 map in return. You might be stuck at one tier for weeks, or even lose all progress you made because of bad drops. Even if your character can easily clear all content on one tier, advancing up to the next tier is still a matter of a long grind; if you are not willing to simply buy the next map.

PoE was built from the grounds up with trading in mind. Playing SSF is perhaps the biggest self-imposed challenge that you can subject yourself to.

If you still think that's what you want to commit to, I wish you the best of luck!
Last edited by Abdiel_Kavash on Feb 23, 2018, 3:08:30 PM
Why you dont want to trade? I would understand if you were good at the game and cleared end game couple of times and look for extra challange.

You dont need to trade a lot just buy item here and there(to make build work and no waste time) and maps when you really need to.
"
MadCat04 wrote:
Why you dont want to trade? I would understand if you were good at the game and cleared end game couple of times and look for extra challange.

You dont need to trade a lot just buy item here and there(to make build work and no waste time) and maps when you really need to.

Trading seems too time consuming for me. I dont want to visit external websites (like PoEtrade)and wait until the actual owner of the item is online.

Or is there perhaps an easier way to trade?
Both poe.trade and pathofexile.com/trade by default only show offers from people who are online at the moment.

Sure, you can spend half an hour looking for the one perfectly rolled rare item with all the different modifiers you need; but if you just want to buy a build-enabling unique or a map that you're missing, you can be done in under a minute from opening the site.

Give it a try - if you don't like trading, you can limit it to a minimum or not do it at all. But you're missing out on a big part of the game if you've never tried it.
Last edited by Abdiel_Kavash on Feb 23, 2018, 5:10:33 PM
"
LionEddy wrote:
"
MadCat04 wrote:

Trading seems too time consuming for me. I dont want to visit external websites (like PoEtrade)and wait until the actual owner of the item is online.

Uhhh. How to say? Thats quite an insane statement. And I mean that in the least mean way possible.

It might take 5-15 minutes to sift through PoE trade for an item or you can not see it drop in 50 hours of gameplay.

If your whole deal for SSF is that trading is slower then you just need to spend time with the site and learn how fast you can get everything.
I really think he's trolling.

It literally takes 1-4 minutes manually typing in all the mods you want on a pair of boots/chest/helmet/gloves etc you name it, and find it, and actually BUY it.

He HAS to be trolling.
"
LionEddy wrote:
"
MadCat04 wrote:

I is time consuming if you want to go full on trading and dedicate time to it.

But if you just need to get some basics and even sell a thing here and there it is effortless.

You get on poe.trade use filter to find item, click whisper, get back in game, open chat,paste and bam you get invite to party. It doesn't get easier then that.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info