Allowing David Brevik to design your league was a bad idea

Allowing David Brevik, someone who might fit in well with the corporate structure at GGG, but who has almost a 0% chance to add content the PoE playerbase wants to play, is a bad idea.

If David thinks a slow af Monster Hunter World was something a go-fast gotta kill 'em now could really be turned into, it just goes to show how little the designer of this Xpac knows games/gamers, and it's proof-positive GGG doesn't even play PoE.

Stop making opt-in content. Stop it. Like seriously. No more opt-in. Make all rules-sets auto-engage with the player, whether they like it or not. Then you won't need to deal with mechanic fatigue since people won't even differentiate between the xpac and the core game, they will be indistinguishable.

Like let's start with Monster Hun.... er Bestiary. If tiered nets is a good idea (it isn't), then how about applying that rules set to world drops like currency and equipable items? So, not only do you get currency, but they upgrade to better currency later on? And items are the shit you get from bestiaried creatures, so instead of wasting time on bestiary slowing you down, the items you are already picking up in an item-acquisition game upgrade at the corral?

Stop making opt-in content. It necessitates the ploys and gimmicks that must be added to prevent mechanic fatigue. Which wastes dev and design time, and is constraining.
Last edited by Orca_Orcinus on Feb 23, 2018, 12:11:15 PM
Last bumped on Mar 8, 2018, 2:24:28 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I think I disagree with everything you just said lol
I dont see any any key!
I didn't understand much of what you just said and the few things i managed to grasp came across as [Removed by Support].

Oh and this league is going to be awesome.
Last edited by Allen_GGG on Feb 24, 2018, 9:28:50 AM
What's the point of judging content before trying it ? I really don't get it.
Hf :)
Pretty hype for the new league to be honest, even if I don’t enjoy bestiary, I can still have plenty of fun exploring the new ascendancy changes.

If you don’t like a league, just chill in standard.
GGG develop a mix of core and opt-in content. The opt in of short term leagues also gives them the opportunity to test experimental content which sometimes works and sometimes doesn't. I suspect your opinions are heavily biased by other games/developers except you didn't get off your high horse long enough to actually specify the context of your opinion.
Wait,David Brevik designed the bestiary league?
weak bait.

also who are you to say tiered nets are bad? they're good and make sense, only 2 tiers you have to pay attention at once.
as usual before any league ppl whine, but all will be fine in the end.

bestiary is awesome and as always I'm gonna have a blast.
Thank you David Brevik!

Here's a song for you!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5WyJaX2iWE
Uploaded an awesome Exsanguinate Freeze Explosion build on the forums - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3508506
Personally, I'm excited to see what cool stuff people are going to spend their time crafting while I'm running maps and making currency.

Seriously, though, if the pokemon business weren't optional I'd be skipping this league. "Opt-in" content is the only way to go in a league setting, otherwise it's far more likely that people won't play.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info