How Divination Cards Ruin the game for me.

I will share a few points on why I dislike Div cards. In my opinion the cards make drops less fun for many reasons.

I do not like that I can get a bunch of cards drop for worthless unique.* (1 alch uniques) Not only do I want to ignore the unique itself but I now have to ignore more cards on the ground.

So instead of being happy to actually get a good unique drop (1 exalt item) or Exalt orb I get for example 1 of 12 card. Id rather have exalts drop rate changed. Doesn't matter to me if it is made more rare because when I actually get the drop after 40 hours of game play my whole guild and me is super excited. When we get a card you get this crap feeling because you know you need tons of hours and random luck to get 11 more cards by end of league. IF you dont get lucky you have to do trading to get rid of your many cards which are usually sold under value. Much more fun to just get the item and then sell that!

Cards for headhunter (doctor) are super expensive and can be farmed in a low level map. I can do same map all day and get two doctor cards. So in one day make like 30 exalts. No challenge required! It takes all joy away and makes so no reason to push self to do higher tier maps which make them all risk and no reward. Doctor cards should be a random drop in a random map. Not a static location.

Makes no sense I can do T 15 maps all day and maybe make 2 exalts that day in random currency drops and maybe another exalt or two in finding a good rare to sell. OH wait I can do that too while farming doctor in low level map and get 30 ex just from getting two doctor drops

At the very least get rid of static locations for good cards. gl hf
Last bumped on Feb 23, 2018, 1:59:06 PM
I should ask to make like 10 more to make you mad.

Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
You're not the only one playing. Other people play the game with different goals and different rule restrictions. They play an important role in SSF play, and for "collectors" they give chase items. The most important aspect of them isn't even game related. They give supporters a way to place a mark in the game saying that they were there.

Sorry you don't enjoy them.

By the way... as soon as you start trading, you give up all cred in the area of drops. Of course drops are worthless, because you made them that way.
Last edited by Shagsbeard on Feb 23, 2018, 8:57:41 AM
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
You're not the only one playing. Other people play the game with different goals and different rule restrictions. They play an important role in SSF play, and for "collectors" they give chase items. The most important aspect of them isn't even game related. They give supporters a way to place a mark in the game saying that they were there.

Sorry you don't enjoy them.

By the way... as soon as you start trading, you give up all cred in the area of drops. Of course drops are worthless, because you made them that way.

So you think they should ruin the balance of the game to appeal to SSF players? Makes no sense in this case since there are SSF leagues separate to the regular league.

Soon as I trade i give up cred of drops and make them worthless? I made them this way? Very strang things you say. Please elaborate because this makes no sense to me. How is me selling a 10 exalt card worthless? Pretty sure not trading an 10 exalt item and just leaving it in stash makes it worthless.

What does supporters of the game making a mark in the game and saying they were there have to do with anything. I honestly feel like you are just saying random things.

As an avid ARPG player and loot collector, I LOVE the idea of div cards. Sure, when I hand in those Her Mask stacks there is little thrill, but completing the occasional stack for a unique item or map tickles the pleasure zone of my brain.

Also, aren't they adding a Starforge div card now? I've seen complaints in chat about people getting access to that sword through cards. Yeah, just like I've gotten a headhunter from cards I've farmed up in the thousands of hours I've played (I may have 1 or 2 of those cards in my stash).
If div cards "ruin" the game for you just filter them out. . .
"
thawn4444 wrote:

I filter out the bad ones. Of course ill keep good ones. Its all about that currency. Its just not balanced in this game. Some of you guys might like collecting 100 pennies but I'll keep collecting them Dollars! I mean Doctors! It's like a get rich broken system. Get rich how to that actually works.
I love em.

And one day GGG will slap stats on them and we can play em as cards as well as turn them in for stuff.

Yes they will.

One day.
Did you try turning it off and on again?
"
slimdragoon wrote:
"
thawn4444 wrote:

I filter out the bad ones. Of course ill keep good ones. Its all about that currency. Its just not balanced in this game. Some of you guys might like collecting 100 pennies but I'll keep collecting them Dollars! I mean Doctors! It's like a get rich broken system. Get rich how to that actually works.

Not really, farming those expensive div cards is the easiest way to make yourself quit the game while it's not even the best method to make money, just one of the few known ones.
Uploaded an awesome Exsanguinate Freeze Explosion build on the forums - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3508506
Cards give a reliable source to farm a specific item. They are great addition to the game for that reason.
Example card: the hunger
You could farm tons of phantasmagoria maps to farm this card and get a taste of hate flask. Chances of you dropping the flask itself outside div card is extremely low.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info