Is GGG afraid to nerf anything now?

"
Bex_GGG wrote:
You'll probably have noticed that there aren't really any direct nerfs in the above changes. This is intentional for now, but will likely be addressed at later releases as we keep iterating on the balance. An example is the Slayer, where his leech abilities are so strong relative to regular leech in the core game. We're discussing options like improving regular leech in the future so that his leech is not so powerful in comparison.

"We accidentally made one thing too strong, so we'll buff everything else instead of just nerfing the one thing." No wonder the balance in this game is in the pits.

Some of you will probably say, "but if they nerf stuff then reddit will throw a hissy fit". Yes. They will, for a few days. Then streamers will find the new opieOP build du jour, and everyone will shut up and start playing that.

By now we have a mountain of evidence that large nerfs have no adverse impact on the number of players:

- The nerf to shotgunning didn't kill the game
- The nerf to Incinerate didn't kill the game
- The nerf to chaos conversion didn't kill the game
- The nerf to Vaal Spark didn't kill the game
- The nerf to CoC/Mjölner didn't kill the game
- The nerf to crit multi didn't kill the game
- The nerf to Frost Wall didn't kill the game
- The nerf to AoE didn't kill the game
- The nerf to double dipping didn't kill the game
- The nerf to VP didn't kill the game
- The nerf to ES didn't kill the game

All the while, concurrent player numbers keep growing, even with the dismal retention rate that PoE has.

For the love of Innocence, don't be afraid to hit one thing with the nerf bat if that's the efficient and healthy thing to do. You'll never please everyone anyway.
Last edited by suszterpatt on Feb 22, 2018, 1:57:37 PM
Last bumped on Feb 26, 2018, 6:53:39 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Thank god they won't listen to you.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
+1, I think GGG should just nerf OP things and bring balance by more interesting and unpopular mechanics, not just by turning the numbers higher and giving a character free lycosidae in ascendancy
D3 players flocked toward poe when they learned the expansion was dogshit. So they decided for a good pr move: Make the game as easy as D3.

because of xbox limitation all skills are now auto-aim/aoe/auto-fork with little need to perfom extra tasks.

Then for 4.0 they will raise monster life so much you will need to follow a meta build in order to kill shit.

No worry tho, the game is now a hit in china so old school arpg style can GTFO, everything will shine and pop colorfull effects.

Good job

Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
Last edited by Head_Less on Feb 22, 2018, 2:08:17 PM
They won't nerf ascendancies since there is more of a roleplay aspect on them, i think the will nerf support "more" multipliers or just buff mob hp and such. Still the strongest classes are not really touched so i don't see why people are freaking out about powercreep. Champion is still nothing compared to KB wander pathfinder deleting 10 screens per second. Hierophant while good, doesn't have the speed or damage of inquisitor. Assassin is pretty interesting now to actually kill bosses and it fits the theme of the class. I've seen some of the streamers reacting and they are like "OMG POWERCREEP FK THIS GAME" when they are playing the most OP shit they could possibly be playing so yeah, just buff mobs and nerf supports multipliers.
"In this game you're just a cow being milked, not a human being entertained" - Kiss_Me_Quick
Meh, I just want GGG to nerf projectiles for a change. There, I said it. Until they don't address projectiles destroying "moar" screens at a time that common sense numbers like 1 more besides the one with the character, anything and everything else is meaningless if it gets nerfed.

And the other nerf that would make sense, would be to nerf zerging "moar" that all those presented points combined. Then we could talk about EXP gain post level 95 and death penalty in Softcore...
PSS: Our almighty TencentGGG overlords are very scrupulous regarding criticizing their abilities to take proper decisions and consider everything "needlessly harsh and condescending"...

Good to know "free speech" doesn't apply in any form or manner on the forums these days...
Last edited by sofocle10000 on Feb 22, 2018, 2:42:24 PM
GGG fears nothing!

cept for space dinosaurs....
I dont see any any key!
I think at this point, GGG is gunshy with nerfs because of all the whining they got from casuals back in the day. It was like survival of the fittest back in the 1.0 era; the weak would complain about nerfs making the game too hard and then they’d leave because they couldn’t handle it.
I think some of the dev team thinks that the game can only thrive on only hardcore players for so long, and want the big bucks from the casual crowd, so at this point, yes, they’re too afraid to nerf anything for fear of losing “too many” players. Plus, by now, nerfing things hard until PoE resembles the game it used to be would almost feel like an over-nerf and poor balance; we wouldn’t know the difference between poor balance and the right amount of difficulty at this point because GGG has let so much broken, overpowered shit go through.
Lavender or Leave.
PvPresident, 2016
//
You'd better run.
“EA is fine” -relith
"
sofocle10000 wrote:
Meh, I just want GGG to nerf projectiles for a change. There, I said it. Until they don't address projectiles destroying "moar" screens at a time that common sense numbers like 1 more besides the one with the character, anything and everything else is meaningless if it gets nerfed.

And the other nerf that would make sense, would be to nerf zerging "moar" that all those presented points combined. Then we could talk about EXP gain post level 95 and death penalty in Softcore...

Yup, projectiles being able to kill things off screen is the big next thing if they want to make headway on how fast we kill stuff.

And one of the more odd things about it is it'd probably improve performance for both servers and clients if we could only kill something that was on our screen or pretty darn close to it.
How is offscreening more of an issue now than in the past years? Has GGG EVER touched offscreening? Bows and wands have the longest reign for speed clear builds; though FOR SOME REASON the only time people ever complain about offscreening is when there's no stronger meta around. The whining is getting literally fucking stupid.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info