To all fixers, flippers, and scammers who will message me in bestiary

Would you rather trade with 15 people for 100 fusing orbs each, or 1 person for 1500?

If you ban or get rid of the flippers, well, there goes your gameplay time.
It doesn't make a bit of difference, guys. The balls are inert.
"
1453R wrote:
Are flippers really that big of an issue? o_o

Like no srsly...is it really a problem?

I'm trying to figure out what the big hoary flaming deal is that everyone is getting so lit over but I just can't. What are the flipper's doing that's blowing up the game so badly that we all need to be limited to only two trades a day (three on Tuesday if you have a character at exactly level 88 from a league at least two leagues in the past who's wearing a Goldrim) as the better option?

Consider this, You see a house listed for $40k that i own and its absolutely perfect, it has everything you want in a house, it has the best location and the price is unbeatable, you ask to buy it and i refuse.

Bet you feel pretty shitty now ebcuase im refusing to sell to you, for literally no reason, despite having it listed as for sale.

Now lets say You see my house listed for $40k and you have a simialr house, but you want to beat me in price so you set your price jsut a tiny bit below mine at $39k, I see your listing and buy it up, and every other hosue in the area that also has low prices, then i list for the actual sale price of $100k. I jsut scammed you out of $60k.

And fun fact, this practice is ILLEGAL in most countries, yes, this is a game, but the fact still stands laws shouldnt just stop at games. And now with games being put under fire for gun violence, and gambling, why allow and even encourage behaviors that can actually be learned in games and brought into the real world that are 100% illegal?

My solution is to use the same trade system in runescape, the grand exchange. It works by giving a flat in game price for every item, which automatically adjusts over time to an average based on trades, if an item sells for 100 gold, then someone else overpays and buys it for 200 gold it averages itself out over several hours, over millions of trades a day. Now you probably think that means one player can buy out the entire stock of one item then demand a high price... Well, theres a trade limit on every single item, for both buying and selling. If you buy 1o bronze bars and thats the trade limit, you are done trading bronze bars for the day, so its actually IMPOSSIBLE for a single player to buy out the entire games supply. As well, once an item is listed it sits in the GE until its automatched to a buyer, or the trade is cancelled, you cant refuse a trade or price fix becuase if someone wants it the item will sell instantly to them.

You can read up on the whole system here: http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Grand_Exchange#Trade_restrictions

But basically, they CARE about the player run economy, and refuse to allow ANYONE to manipulate the economy, even going so far as to step in and stop players from doing it, even banning them if they try.

and yes, it woudl be harder to set this up for a game where rolls are randomized,
but the Xbox version has it, so why dont we have it on PC?

"
Would you rather trade with 15 people for 100 fusing orbs each, or 1 person for 1500?

If you ban or get rid of the flippers, well, there goes your gameplay time.

Its the fact that these people are taking advantage of a bad system to get a quick profit, or worse, ruin the entire market. I hate trading, and i only do it when i have to, and nothing pisses me off more then the first 50 listings being flippers who have no intention of selling, its misleading, and is actually agasint the law in most countries, yes this is a game, but the fact remains in the REAL world if you put a price tag on something then refuse to sell it for that price you are now committing a crime.
Here is a tip if you don't like price fixers, scammers etc:

find them on poetrade fixing prices etc, message them, and when they dont reply to you add them to your ignore list... i do this every couple days and over time i have weeded out all the sleazebags or at least most of them on POE
I got a fever and the only prescription, is more cowbell!
"
D3izhistory wrote:

find them on poetrade fixing prices etc, message them, and when they dont reply to you add them to your ignore list... i do this every couple days and over time i have weeded out all the sleazebags or at least most of them on POE

1. That only blocks them in game, they will still show up in poe.trade searches, and then i will be sending messages to people i cant trade with anyways.

2. Theres a block limit, i dont know how big the limit is, but there is a limit.
"
gubaguy wrote:

Now, if you are an hoenst trader, and you honestly do want my items and arent trying to be a scumbag, jsut haggle. Inquire about why i listed it so high, maybe it was an accident, maybe i didnt even mean to list those div cards, or maybe they get autolisted becuase i have 1 divination tab and i cant be bothered to unlist 600 cards every league. Try haggling by pointing out how long its been listed, or offer alternative currency

This shit is way more annoying than all the flippers combined can ever be. You can't be bothered to price your stuff right so you want me to do it for you? Yea right
"
gubaguy wrote:
"
D3izhistory wrote:

1. That only blocks them in game, they will still show up in poe.trade searches, and then i will be sending messages to people i cant trade with anyways.

2. Theres a block limit, i dont know how big the limit is, but there is a limit.

yes they will show up in searches, but when you go to message them they will show up as ignored and you now know to not trade with them one of your desired outcomes from your original posts.

I have not reached this block limit and i have easily over 50 people ignored. as far as flippers, fixers and scammers there aren't several hundred of them out there believe it or not
I got a fever and the only prescription, is more cowbell!
You're the worst kind of trader, actually. Your pricing strategy (or lack of pricing) is your entire problem. Blame yourself.
"
You're the worst kind of trader, actually. Your pricing strategy (or lack of pricing) is your entire problem. Blame yourself.

No, its not my fault, if i have one single div card tab im going to put div cards into it, maybe GGG jsut shouldnt be listing items i didnt put a price on, i know, insane right? Sucha s imple fucking solution! And my strategy is to sell things for their actual value, and i refuse to sell to anyone who tries to undercut me for a quick profit.

If you are one of those people, feel free to add me to your ignore list, becuase i will never trade to you, in fact i might jsut make a video of myself vendoring items everytime someone undercuts the price, becuase fuck them i would rather vendor them then sell to them.
"
gubaguy wrote:
"

No, its not my fault, if i have one single div card tab im going to put div cards into it, maybe GGG jsut shouldnt be listing items i didnt put a price on, i know, insane right? Sucha s imple fucking solution! And my strategy is to sell things for their actual value, and i refuse to sell to anyone who tries to undercut me for a quick profit.

If you are one of those people, feel free to add me to your ignore list, becuase i will never trade to you, in fact i might jsut make a video of myself vendoring items everytime someone undercuts the price, becuase fuck them i would rather vendor them then sell to them.

Okay.

First of all, consider not making your generic storage tabs public. Not every premium tab has to be public, and if you're not willing to price something for sale, you have no right to bitch at other people for trying to get a good price for it instead of intentionally and deliberately overbidding and ripping themselves off, the way you seem to be asking them to. You're the dick in this context, not the other guy, and people like you are exactly why I never even bother messaging anyone without a buyout price. Because to folks like you, there's no such thing as a fair price or a haggling session - there's "HUEH HUEH HUEH LOOK AT THIS FOOL OVERPAYING FOR MY CRAP! WHAT A SUCKER, GIMME MORE MONEY SUCKER!" or "HOW DARE YOU LOWBALL ME! BLOCK'D! BAN'D! I'MA VENDOR MY ITEM BEFORE I SELL IT TO YOU, DICKBAG!"

No. Screw off. Screw off and die; if you want to sell something, PRICE IT, and if you can't be assed to price your stuff then you are tacitly accepting that people who want it may offer you prices you don't like. You have given up the right to complain about Best Offers when you don't give anybody a faint foggy clue what sort of price you're looking for.

Second of all, not everyone is a Total Market Pro and knows the exact right price for every trade. Any time I get something worth selling, I have to do some pretty extensive market research to see what the general-consensus possible price is for it, and even then I have to tweak my prices pretty consistently to make sales. Beyond this? Some people have different ideas of what is and isn't fair. Maybe somebody asking you for what you consider a lowball price isn't a horrible malicious evil Machiavellian market-manipulating asshole, but is instead a guy offering what he's willing to pay/considers the item worth, based on his own imperfect knowledge?

Third of all, get the hell over yourself. I'm entirely 100% certain that you refusing to trade with me because I posted in your forum thread is going to affect me not a bit in Bestiary, if I even bother playing Bestiary. You're not that important, and demanding the developers implement an absolutely horrific, 100% awful trade system like Runescape's because you can't be assed to price your shit properly yourself is pretty hubristic.

If you want to play the market? Do that. If someone undersells their shit it's their fault, not the fault of whoever paid someone's asking price for an item. Folks who list drastically underpriced items they have no intention of selling to try and drag the market down? First of all, easy to recognize. Second of all, they're as liable to hurt themselves as not, because if the price for their shit actually falls they lose their margins. Third of all, they're not nearly as common as you're proclaiming. The only time I see it at all is on the currency market, at which point there's maybe a dozen-odd guys at best trying to manipulate currency prices. Again. Easy to spot, easy to note their name, easy to ignore.

I hate guys like you a lot more than I hate regular flippers, who're just folks that pay more attention to poe.trade than I do. Price fixers are not a serious issue. Scammers are not a serious issue. Guys that don't bother to respond to their trade whispers, who set every single inventory they have to Public and flood the market with unpriced items they have no real intent to sell but will happily rip people off for if somebody with less knowledge than them sends a highball offer for some bit of flotsam they forgot about? THOSE ARE A FUCKING ISSUE.

So maybe I should vendor my stuff before I sell it to you, hm?
"
1453R wrote:
"
gubaguy wrote:
"

Okay.

First of all, consider not making your generic storage tabs public. Not every premium tab has to be public, and if you're not willing to price something for sale, you have no right to bitch at other people for trying to get a good price for it instead of intentionally and deliberately overbidding and ripping themselves off, the way you seem to be asking them to. You're the dick in this context, not the other guy, and people like you are exactly why I never even bother messaging anyone without a buyout price. Because to folks like you, there's no such thing as a fair price or a haggling session - there's "HUEH HUEH HUEH LOOK AT THIS FOOL OVERPAYING FOR MY CRAP! WHAT A SUCKER, GIMME MORE MONEY SUCKER!" or "HOW DARE YOU LOWBALL ME! BLOCK'D! BAN'D! I'MA VENDOR MY ITEM BEFORE I SELL IT TO YOU, DICKBAG!"

No. Screw off. Screw off and die; if you want to sell something, PRICE IT, and if you can't be assed to price your stuff then you are tacitly accepting that people who want it may offer you prices you don't like. You have given up the right to complain about Best Offers when you don't give anybody a faint foggy clue what sort of price you're looking for.

Second of all, not everyone is a Total Market Pro and knows the exact right price for every trade. Any time I get something worth selling, I have to do some pretty extensive market research to see what the general-consensus possible price is for it, and even then I have to tweak my prices pretty consistently to make sales. Beyond this? Some people have different ideas of what is and isn't fair. Maybe somebody asking you for what you consider a lowball price isn't a horrible malicious evil Machiavellian market-manipulating asshole, but is instead a guy offering what he's willing to pay/considers the item worth, based on his own imperfect knowledge?

Third of all, get the hell over yourself. I'm entirely 100% certain that you refusing to trade with me because I posted in your forum thread is going to affect me not a bit in Bestiary, if I even bother playing Bestiary. You're not that important, and demanding the developers implement an absolutely horrific, 100% awful trade system like Runescape's because you can't be assed to price your shit properly yourself is pretty hubristic.

If you want to play the market? Do that. If someone undersells their shit it's their fault, not the fault of whoever paid someone's asking price for an item. Folks who list drastically underpriced items they have no intention of selling to try and drag the market down? First of all, easy to recognize. Second of all, they're as liable to hurt themselves as not, because if the price for their shit actually falls they lose their margins. Third of all, they're not nearly as common as you're proclaiming. The only time I see it at all is on the currency market, at which point there's maybe a dozen-odd guys at best trying to manipulate currency prices. Again. Easy to spot, easy to note their name, easy to ignore.

I hate guys like you a lot more than I hate regular flippers, who're just folks that pay more attention to poe.trade than I do. Price fixers are not a serious issue. Scammers are not a serious issue. Guys that don't bother to respond to their trade whispers, who set every single inventory they have to Public and flood the market with unpriced items they have no real intent to sell but will happily rip people off for if somebody with less knowledge than them sends a highball offer for some bit of flotsam they forgot about? THOSE ARE A FUCKING ISSUE.

So maybe I should vendor my stuff before I sell it to you, hm?

K, well, first off, i dont put unpriced items into general public tabs dipshit, i have one or two dedicated sales tabs, then a handful of 1-4c tabs setup, i dump junk into the 1-4c tabs so they autoprice for 1-4c, items in my aptly named 'sale' tabs get priced, and all other tiems are dumped into premade tabs that are NOT made public, the issue arises when i have 600 div cards in my one single div card tab, then get spammed with people demanding i sell them my cards for half the listed price of price fixers when i dont even want to sell them, and no, i wont list my div cards in my sale tab because i like ot SEE my stacks all in one place, i dont want to go through my entire stash to find out if i have 9/9 of one specific cards when theres literally an in game system that DOES THAT, that i paid money for.

As for runescape's trade system, its the best system ive ever seen in a game, a system where its 100% player controlled, theres no fixing, you cant scam someone with it, you cant jsut list and then refuse to sell, and you can lsit your items for any price you want, items can never be bought out unless the item is insanely rare or extremely low supply.

The only reason i can see someone hating it is if that person takes part in the scams, the flipping, then doesnt care about the well being of the economy, just the contents of their own pocket, and from what you are saying im pretty sure you are one of those people, so i will go ahead and add you to my block list, becuase i hate you, and you are part of the problem.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info