Optional character migration from hc to sc leagues

When the whole concept of hc and sc leagues was made, they used to have different rewards for them and different mechanics. Nowadays however the leagues are essentially the same, hence there shouldnt be much influence to economy whatsoever for allowing players to migrate from hc league to sc league when they find themselves tired of hc gameplay. Now do take note that im not advocating porting dead characters to sc temporary league, rather the optional live character port, once you find that you hit the limit in hc. Its one of the things that keep me from playing hc leagues, since the rewards are straight up same, i wouldnt really want to start over twice per league, and since i cant keep up playing hc league nonstop, due to it being rather straining mentally, aka you have to be in your top condition when doing high tier content.
I think such addition could potentially bring more ppl to hc scene, as people could just opt out of hc once they are tired of playing safe.
Last bumped on Feb 21, 2018, 10:17:10 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Once you get tired of playing safe, you just stop playing safe.
No need for gamechanges.
If you mean to port your character over... not worth the trouble. Dying does this automatically. All that work just so you can feel something.

If you want your stash/atlas/etc passed over like at the end of a league, I could see your point. I'd really like to see them facilitate a complete reset of some sort. Clear the stash, clear the characters, clear atlas progress... without removing the MTX/Stash purchases. I used to do full resets of D2 SP every year or so. It revitalized the game.

Oh! Never mind. I get it. You want your character moved to the Standard Challenge league. No. That league is being played by people who are competing. They base choices on what other players are doing. If a new character suddenly appeared on the ladder, they'd cry foul.
Last edited by Shagsbeard on Feb 21, 2018, 9:56:45 AM
"
Aetherium wrote:
When the whole concept of hc and sc leagues was made, they used to have different rewards for them and different mechanics. Nowadays however the leagues are essentially the same, hence there shouldnt be much influence to economy whatsoever for allowing players to migrate from hc league to sc league when they find themselves tired of hc gameplay. Now do take note that im not advocating porting dead characters to sc temporary league, rather the optional live character port, once you find that you hit the limit in hc. Its one of the things that keep me from playing hc leagues, since the rewards are straight up same, i wouldnt really want to start over twice per league, and since i cant keep up playing hc league nonstop, due to it being rather straining mentally, aka you have to be in your top condition when doing high tier content.
I think such addition could potentially bring more ppl to hc scene, as people could just opt out of hc once they are tired of playing safe.

at some point they are going to mix both leagues and just add a tag like the challanges to make people know you are SSF or Hc in chat or something like a MTX that you could link like the old masters level people use to link X decoration to prove they got x level

PD:also they could add something for SC people that havent died to change to the HC the main problem is the diferent markets and currency prices so moving from SC to HC whit your gears and storage and altas could be a problem
Only a dumbass pays for a F2P game.
"
Fapmobile wrote:
No need for gamechanges.

Well but then you likely die and go to Std...which is not the desired outcome here.
OP is instead asking for a migration of a live HC temp league char to SC temp; like the possibility to opt out of SSF.
While I personally am not interested in an option like this, I don't see why not, now that HC/SC temp leagues have the same mechanics and content.

Edit: about the ladder concern Shag mentioned, I think blocking that possibility for the first weeks of a league (like race rewards) should do imho.
"Metas rotate all the time, eventually the developers will buff melee"
PoE 2013-2018
Last edited by Wazz72 on Feb 21, 2018, 10:03:04 AM
"
noheal wrote:
at some point they are going to mix both leagues and just add a tag like the challanges to make people know you are SSF or Hc in chat

They would never do this.
"
Wazz72 wrote:
"
Fapmobile wrote:
No need for gamechanges.

Well but then you likely die and go to Std...which is not the desired outcome here.
OP is instead asking for a migration of a live HC temp league char to SC temp; like the possibility to opt out of SSF.
While I personally am not interested in an option like this, I don't see why not, now that HC/SC temp leagues have the same mechanics and content.

Yeah I understood what he's asking.
I just hate the generalizing that everyone who plays hc plays safe.
"
Fapmobile wrote:
"
Wazz72 wrote:
"
Fapmobile wrote:
No need for gamechanges.

Yeah I understood what he's asking.
I just hate the generalizing that everyone who plays hc plays safe.

Got it. And I agree, I for example try not to play really "safe" - and that's part of the reason why I'm still missing the lv90 HC achievement...
"Metas rotate all the time, eventually the developers will buff melee"
PoE 2013-2018
Last edited by Wazz72 on Feb 21, 2018, 10:07:37 AM
"
Aetherium wrote:
migrate from hc league to sc league when they find themselves tired of hc gameplay.

- equip your hero/fill your backpack with "want to migrate gear"
- go out into any area
- find 1+ monster
- leave your hero alone for a few sec

gg, you are in the sc league. KappaHD
Last edited by Masharab on Feb 21, 2018, 10:09:41 AM
He means SC Challenge League.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info