Guess Im doing a totem build.

I like the idea of 5-6 frostbolt totems melting my fps.

But seriosuly those buffs are sweet. The only thing I might be worried about is the arcane surge nodes seeming almost mandatory.
Last edited by gladiatorpie on Feb 20, 2018, 8:48:12 PM
Last bumped on Feb 22, 2018, 12:50:33 AM
Seems kind of a no-brainer now. No downsides. Just totems all over the screen. Pick your favorite spell and have at it.

Hope they know what they're doing... but it really doesn't look like it.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Seems kind of a no-brainer now. No downsides. Just totems all over the screen. Pick your favorite spell and have at it.

Hope they know what they're doing... but it really doesn't look like it.

TBH Ive always felt ascendency's should be the one place downsides dont exist. Thats why hiero never felt good to take before. It was one of the few acendancy's that straight up chopped damage if you went totem.
I agree there... they were really over cautious. I think they over compensated though. Four full totems with benefits isn't going to be easy to match with other options.
The off set and counterbalance is that totem gameplay is boring.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
A few leagues ago I did an rf totem build without ancestral bond (i.e. 1 totem) so I could reliably proc ee. Now I can have my kayak and heat it.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
I agree there... they were really over cautious. I think they over compensated though. Four full totems with benefits isn't going to be easy to match with other options.

Depends on the other totem ascendancy's. Id argue full ele pen on crits would still appeal to certain totem builds such as flameblast.
Ive played Alot of totem builds... what i can say is that totems will have a chance of now killing end game bosses with non meta skills

They will still be slower than most self cast skills and metas as far as trash/map clearing..

If i played HC, i would never play a non totem build again
I got a fever and the only prescription, is more cowbell!
I always liked totems for the simple fact I can place them around a corner or through a doorway and eat the aggro. Also great for catching projectiles, like Innocence's sun orbs. WTS Spire of Stone 1ex.
"Into the Labyrinth!
left step, right step, step step, left left.
Into the Labyrinth!"
The best part is hiero will get good damage and can stack alot of life regen alongside mind over matter.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info