Current state of Area of Effect considering most of the melee skills

What do people think about the current AoE? Everybody have been playing projectile based builds after the AoE nerfs... In my opinion GGG should buff the AoE for melee skills so they are actually playable and not slow as hell.
Last bumped on Feb 21, 2018, 3:40:51 AM
which skills need an aoe buff ?
"
Ratedetar wrote:

i LOVED playing BF pre-AOE nerf... now it is unplayable
I got a fever and the only prescription, is more cowbell!
I still struggle to understand how they could buff Reave, without touching skills like Cleave, Melee Splash etc. I also struggle to see why they let Sunder use 'Concentrated Effect" with minimal downsides, while other melee skills - with less damage - needs 'Increased AoE' to function.

Just... Illogical for me.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
Phrazz wrote:
I still struggle to understand how they could buff Reave, without touching skills like Cleave, Melee Splash etc. I also struggle to see why they let Sunder use 'Concentrated Effect" with minimal downsides, while other melee skills - with less damage - needs 'Increased AoE' to function.

Just... Illogical for me.

ggg design reave to be used by the shadow class.

probably the reason why it is buffed is because shadow is really hard to play and not many pple play shadow.

they need do something to attract pple to play shadow.

the reason for sunder is probably because melee classes have a hard time catching up to range classes.

if everyone play range, then who is going to play melee.

its ggg's job to balance the game as much as possible so that there's a good spread of pple playing all the different classes.

no point designing a class and then after that nobody wants to play the class.
34pre98qua
"
D3izhistory wrote:
"
Ratedetar wrote:

i LOVED playing BF pre-AOE nerf... now it is unplayable

Uh... I am BF Slayer in Abyss. 1.7m DPS and great AOE.... watchoo talkn bout.

Granted it used to be better, but Slayer gets an AOE buff in Ascendency. Mostly fixes the issue.
"
Ratedetar wrote:

hahahahaha hAHHHHHHHH oh man that's good
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
AOE is dog shit mate , utter dog shit. Trust me , i played cleave with a jack , inc aoe helmet and 2x anh's mights.
Domine Non Es Dignus
I've been advocating significant iaoe buffs since 2.6 neuetred them into oblivion.

People simply did not seem to care at that point but for some reason froze hell over when GGG said they planned to make frenzy charges work only with attacks on short notice.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
"
Zinja wrote:
AOE is dog shit mate , utter dog shit. Trust me , i played cleave with a jack , inc aoe helmet and 2x anh's mights.

Sry, Many time without play, they change cleave ? in the past aoe just increase the angle not the range :/
Last edited by BazouHC on Feb 21, 2018, 2:22:18 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info