To support or not to support. That is the qustion

OP if you decide to stick with PoE then deffo worth throwing GGG some money.
For me I've spent quite a lot but this is my most played game over the last year, and I love playing dress up ha.
I don't go out drinking, hardly eat out, don't go to football, only buy other games very sparingly and usually on sale. Happy to spend on this, it's become a bit of a guilty pleasure
OK. Thx for all the great responses. I chercked my carrier, and I am getting a solid signal. We also restarted and cold booted my modem. I am still lagging today, and have been disconnected 3 times already (when using th teleporter).

I just ran the Win MTR program, and here is the copied file:

|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
| WinMTR statistics |
| Host - % | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst | Last |
|------------------------------------------------|------|------|------|------|------|------|
| No response from host - 100 | 409 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 |
| No response from host - 100 | 408 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 |
| patch101.pathofexile.com - 0 | 408 | 408 | 28 | 29 | 33 | 29 |
|________________________________________________|______|______|______|______|______|______|
WinMTR - 0.8. Copyleft @2000-2002 Vasile Laurentiu Stanimir ( stanimir@cr.nivis.com )

hmmm....Interesting
"
Rizuul wrote:
OK. Thx for all the great responses. I chercked my carrier, and I am getting a solid signal. We also restarted and cold booted my modem. I am still lagging today, and have been disconnected 3 times already (when using th teleporter).

I just ran the Win MTR program, and here is the copied file:

|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
| WinMTR statistics |
| Host - % | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst | Last |
|------------------------------------------------|------|------|------|------|------|------|
| patch101.pathofexile.com - 0 | 408 | 408 | 28 | 29 | 33 | 29 |
|________________________________________________|______|______|______|______|______|______|
WinMTR - 0.8. Copyleft @2000-2002 Vasile Laurentiu Stanimir ( stanimir@cr.nivis.com )

hmmm....Interesting

Just connection issues with Poe right? if yes, just move on to something else.

last 3 weeks i've been d/c from Poe, logging in, zoning out, failed to load everything and anything. My HD would start making clicking noise as i load Poe, turns out the HD was bad. Got a new one now and everything is fine.
You can easily put in 100$ just with special tabs and extra tabs. Supporter packs aren't the only way to support the game.

Ive invested about 3x 50$ prepaid cards on tabs and stuff so far and will keep doing it from time to time. (canadia dollars have a terrible value lol)

TL;DR Shiny supporter packs aren't the only way to show appreciation. (albeit they look good on forum ,eh!)
Last edited by teksuoPOE on Feb 21, 2018, 12:16:41 PM
I refuse to give any more support until Xsolla gets the boot

go back to Stripe!
I dont see any any key!
Fortunately xsolla answered this question for me.
"
BearCares wrote:
I have the same problem with disconnects. I use satillite internet and I play on a pretty powerful laptop but I wonder whether something about the laptop's power saving features to the wifi are contributing to the disconnects I get.

One thing I have noticed though, is that I get 5x as many disconnects when I play in windowed mode as when I play in fullscreen mode. As I said, I think my laptop may be trying to modulate my connections power resources when I have more than one application in the foreground and GGG's server's are seeing it as a weak connection and then kicking me off. And they really need to do something about that if my theory is correct.

Mine is always disconnecting during loading screens. I think my laptop notices the reduced strain on the connection and then lowers the resources its putting into wifi, especially in windowed mode and then GGG's jiggaboo ass servers takes that as their cue to drop the connection.

Hi there, a while ago I was checking sat net for my place, before I’ve moved out, and had a good chat to that guy who’s providing it. And he’s like to play games too and he said he would not recommended sat net for games cos a massive delays like 2000+ms, so mayb is ur sat net, more than ur comp? He said u can get fast downloads/uploads but t delay will always b massive.. Just saying before u get mad on ur comp;)
"There is only one true god in PoE and that is Greed... "

I don’t need anger management, I need people to stop pissing me off!
I haven't supported GGG in a while and don't plan to.

Spoiler
jk will support while playing actively
anything is everything
my theory about those disconnects (although i'd rather have ggg answering this):

when you connect to an instance, your client connects to ggg's instance manager on their servers which tells the client the ip address and port to connect to.

the client does so and, after connecting (to town for example) get's a config string containing the level design and all the ingame assets needed to display that instance.

the client then loads those ressources from the resource file and tries to build up the scene, then enables mouse input and you can move.

---

there likely is a short timeout between the server sending the config string and the client starting to interact with the server when all ressources are loaded, to prevent denial of service attacks on the game servers.

if your client fails to load ressources in time, you get kicked. that's why i suggest optimising the client's loading time to see if it helps. like, use a ssd or use the command line option to
enable delayed asset loading.

age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on Feb 21, 2018, 1:08:57 PM
Support.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info