Playing in Standard Revived My Interest In The Game

I've said a few times in the past that GGG might want to lay off the leagues for a rotation or two and see how that effects the player base. Pump out a league each time which makes the leagues feel rushed in a way and oversaturate the game. If they don't add the league mechanic as a core mechanic like talisman, or Harbinger and such it makes the game feel like it is missing something, why stuff like legacy was a blast for me, getting to actually obtain those items and fights once again.

And when you are a much more casual player like me, it takes all league to get 36 challenges for mtx unlocks. And that's the major selling point to leagues for me. As such I get burnt out and need/want to play other games every time to compensate for the constant rodent wheeling for reward progression, making each league take even more time as I need those breaks from the game and then I end up getting stuff done at the last days, never getting to truly touch standard.

That set of rigwald axe and sword that I got to drop for the talisman id challenge? Looks like a fun combo to mess around with for lacerate but I only ever get a few maps in checking it out before it's off to the next league. Liked my caustic arrow build from years and years ago and would like to perfect is gear but the current gear works fine and looking through my stashes/ buying better gear is too time consuming that I just have to let her rot as I'm off to the next league, leaving her making me feel like it's never finished.

Is GGG terrified that if they say "hey guys, we are laying off league creation for 3 months" that everybody is going to utterly bail on the game and next time there is a league the player base will never recover? I'm sure many league only players may think that at first but if they are like me and don't vendor or giveaway everything once they are done each league, I feel like there is a mountain of fun to be had to literally just play the game in the state it is in for a rotation. Let slower players take a break without fear of easting progression time. Hell GGG knows legacy league was considered fun as hell, if you need something to entice league only players to stick around in some form, see if turning on legacy, or mayhem settings on in standard for the time keeps them kicking around. They know that standards economy is a joke. They can't really harm anything by giving them loot parties for 3 months.
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
"
At this point playing Standard is like playing SP god mode.

thats pretty much what a league is after about 5 days too though, thats essentially the game now, just a massive joke.

drop rates are basically balanced around ssfhc, its the only version of the game that even makes sense as a game once you know how to put together a half decent build.
"
I've said a few times in the past that GGG might want to lay off the leagues for a rotation or two and see how that effects the player base. Pump out a league each time which makes the leagues feel rushed in a way and oversaturate the game. If they don't add the league mechanic as a core mechanic like talisman, or Harbinger and such it makes the game feel like it is missing something, why stuff like legacy was a blast for me, getting to actually obtain those items and fights once again.

And when you are a much more casual player like me, it takes all league to get 36 challenges for mtx unlocks. And that's the major selling point to leagues for me. As such I get burnt out and need/want to play other games every time to compensate for the constant rodent wheeling for reward progression, making each league take even more time as I need those breaks from the game and then I end up getting stuff done at the last days, never getting to truly touch standard.

That set of rigwald axe and sword that I got to drop for the talisman id challenge? Looks like a fun combo to mess around with for lacerate but I only ever get a few maps in checking it out before it's off to the next league. Liked my caustic arrow build from years and years ago and would like to perfect is gear but the current gear works fine and looking through my stashes/ buying better gear is too time consuming that I just have to let her rot as I'm off to the next league, leaving her making me feel like it's never finished.

Is GGG terrified that if they say "hey guys, we are laying off league creation for 3 months" that everybody is going to utterly bail on the game and next time there is a league the player base will never recover? I'm sure many league only players may think that at first but if they are like me and don't vendor or giveaway everything once they are done each league, I feel like there is a mountain of fun to be had to literally just play the game in the state it is in for a rotation. Let slower players take a break without fear of easting progression time. Hell GGG knows legacy league was considered fun as hell, if you need something to entice league only players to stick around in some form, see if turning on legacy, or mayhem settings on in standard for the time keeps them kicking around. They know that standards economy is a joke. They can't really harm anything by giving them loot parties for 3 months.

well.... see the supporter packs tend to be connected to new leagues soooo I really dont see this happening
I dont see any any key!
I actually went back to STD Hardcore, just for the hell of it.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Yep... changing things up a bit always helps revive interest. Giving HC a try, or SSF is a good idea every now and then.

I find this helps a lot.

I've been playing HC since closed beta and gave Abyss SC a go to go for the 36 challenges and it's actually been a heap of fun when I was burnt out.
I will eventualy play in standard one day - Issue is i'm not really well organized and i would need to hire somebody to sort out my stash tab first ...
If it was possible to skip travel between stash vendor or at least a button to remove everything in a tab after you consider you already took out what you wanted to keep it would be "ok"; Right now it's not :D
Hf :)
if they add 1 full act every 3 months, the game would be just as amazing. Infact it has been the formula for most online games.

adding partial of temp league stuff into core game within that 10 acts is making this game a mess.
"

well.... see the supporter packs tend to be connected to new leagues soooo I really dont see this happening

They could potentially just have non-tied supporter packs for the time. I'm sure they have plenty of pack ideas that don't specifically need an expansion to relate to.

Another thing I forgot to mention though would be that these down times would also be a great segment of time to allow it to be a racing season of sorts.you could either play in permanent leagues or be running in any variety of races that a 3 month block of time would provide plenty more variety than how they normally seem to squeeze race time into.
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
I've been thinking about playing Standard or Standard SSF, for more of a slow burn play style. I like the leagues but I'm not crazy about the pressure to accumulate currency to deal with the market.

At least once Abyss merges I'll have some decent uniques in Standard, Kaoms, Belly, Starforge, etc.

What is trading like in Standard?
"
Heli0nix wrote:
I will eventualy play in standard one day - Issue is i'm not really well organized and i would need to hire somebody to sort out my stash tab first ...
If it was possible to skip travel between stash vendor or at least a button to remove everything in a tab after you consider you already took out what you wanted to keep it would be "ok"; Right now it's not :D

I am a bit OCD so I've dabbled with clean-ups over the year. But still having the remove only tabs was bugging me so I would tackle a tab after every couple of maps. It is all cleaned up now! And glorious lol!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info