Playing in Standard Revived My Interest In The Game

So on Friday I bailed on the league and decided to tool around with some new builds in Standard. With the tree resets, I decided to try my hand at a Lightning Arc/CWC Ball Lightning build and changed my Ng Axe Cycloner to a Molten Strike build.

With an established level 92 boss killer, and a map grinder, I found myself playing more often and for longer periods than I have in years. I ground through my old maps (up to T12 so far) building up a nice stash tab of new War for Atlas maps, more numbers and more varied than I was ever able to in the league.

I also had this more relaxed feeling, not having the end of a league hanging over my head.

So, Thanks, Standard!

I will say, General Chat on Monday morning in Standard was the most toxic shit I have ever seen in this game though. Good Lord it was bad.
Last bumped on Feb 22, 2018, 3:54:46 AM
Yep... changing things up a bit always helps revive interest. Giving HC a try, or SSF is a good idea every now and then.

I'm pretty set on taking the next league off. Main motivator was finally getting a Jack, The Axe... which I've always wanted to use, at least on a switch. So I'll be making a SST/HS Gladiator as soon as they merge the league stuff with standard.
I've been thinking about paying someone to clean my standard stash so I could play it. As it is now, there is so much junk accumulated and unorganized that I might as well just create a new account if I want to play on Standard.
yea the game is pretty large so theres usually something for everyone to do. i mean, some people actually only like doing the lab! what youve described here i would find very tedious and boring
bring back the state of the game in 1.3 vaults of atziri patch
Last edited by oldmunchi on Feb 20, 2018, 10:06:08 AM
"
oldmunchi wrote:
yea the game is pretty large so theres usually something for everyone to do. i mean, some people actually only like doing the lab! what youve described here i would find very tedious and boring

Right!

I've wanted to like Warframe so badly, but it has a grind in it that I completely despise. Like painfully so. And yet I took that Inquisitor LT/CWC BL build from 73 to 85 grinding out my old maps and loved every minute of it. Go figure.

And I know it is RNG and all that, but I really felt the love playing extra time in PoE this weekend with 3 exalt drops. No decent unique loot mind you (and not even a lot of decent rare loot and I've been id'ing every boot/glove/helm/belt/jewelery for upgrades).

Next up I really want to get an old Blade Vortex build working. Damage wise my 83 toon is great, survivability-wise not so much, need gear upgrades. But I WANT to work on it.
If they made Leaguestones a thing that would make it even better. Sometimes the league grind is draining or you wanna dust off some items just to mess around.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
I do play in standard, not always but sometimes when I have t feel I go for it. It’s nice to b able to get breaches as Zana mod cos I never get Zana to lvl8 in league;) and don’t have to bother about maps and currency is also good feel;)
"There is only one true god in PoE and that is Greed... "

I don’t need anger management, I need people to stop pissing me off!
"
Slaanesh69 wrote:

I will say, General Chat on Monday morning in Standard was the most toxic shit I have ever seen in this game though. Good Lord it was bad.

looool

what is up with general chat in standard? A few weeks ago I turned it on just to see what the crack was.... wtf? lololol. Ive turned in on fairly regularly since, Ive sometimes gone into league generals but never really standard global before. Its like the fking apocalypse.

I like standard too, for me it has that sort of timeless feeling of just playing a single player game. Any idea of competition or the race against time is just gone there, all those battles were played out there, won and forgotten about long ago. People became the equiv of multibillionaires, the league got as saturated with gear as its possible to get, the ladder just got filled with lvl100s, everything that can happen happened long ago... and yet somehow its still fairly alive, its undead. The economy still functions and hence the game still functions, but you can walk away for 6 months come back and nothing has changed, you havent missed a beat, it just stretches unchanging as far as you can see in either direction.
I play mostly in standard and when I get bored, usually a temp league is what revitalises my interest. More for the feel that I have to begin fresh and see if I can do better than last time. My forgotten characters are good ways for me to field test builds or ideas too. Some of the characters are name holders for me, and I'm actually in the process of cleaning up my stash.
Hi.

IGN: Lady_Serena
I played standard for the longest time, even though people kept telling me how dead it is. Forsaken masters was the beginning of the end for me (though I obviously didn't realize it back then); 6l's started to become the 'standard' (look at me, i'm good at puns), then t1 uniques drop rate was increased, power creep, stupidly op league mods.... At this point playing Standard is like playing SP god mode. Nothing left to strive for.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info