State of Magic Finding - Preparing for the New League

Hey.

What is the state of magic finding?

What are the builds and strategies which are most popular now?

Will they remain the same or change in the upcoming league?

I'm trying to figure out what I want to do for Beastiary League, but I've been out of the game for so long.
anything is everything
Last bumped on Feb 19, 2018, 2:35:09 PM
We won't know until patch notes are out and we can go over everything that changed.

Check ranger forums to see whatMfing is like now.
"Bonus points if it is Scion/Witch because they have nice knees. Ranger has ugly knees and other characters are men so playing them would be homoerotic." - CAKE, 10/20/21
Google "shaped vault sextant block permanent influence".

That is the meta. No point in doing anything else really. Unless 3.2 comes with a surprise nerf to it.
"
darciaz wrote:
We won't know until patch notes are out and we can go over everything that changed.

Check ranger forums to see whatMfing is like now.

So most builds for MF right now are Rangers, so they must be using Windripper?

Guess we will have to wait for patch notes.

anything is everything
"
Namcap wrote:
Google "shaped vault sextant block permanent influence".

That is the meta. No point in doing anything else really. Unless 3.2 comes with a surprise nerf to it.

I am confused from Atlas due to being away so long. I'll have to find a 3.2 atlas guide to do that if it does not get nerfed.

Will the patch notes get released before the league with enough time for ppl to prepare builds?
anything is everything
Magic finding is generally using a few select gear pieces of IIQ to repeated farm the same sextanted map for divination cards.

IIR is very much obsolete.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Windripper is good for additional IIQ/IIR, but rangers (mostly pathfinders, some raiders) are used because of crazy move speed and damage. There comes a point where you are not limited by damage, but by movespeed. Any screen clearing skill will do as long as you have enough damage and can afford to use bisco/ventor.

I expect them to do similar to prior leagues so patch notes 3-4 days before, passive trees 1-2 days before. The only thing we won't know for certain is for example if they move maps on the Atlas, they will mention it in the patch notes but impossible to know impact until the patch is live.
I dunno if an MF-char is a good starter,...
Atm Bisco’s Collar is the Amulett to have and pretty expensive.
Maybe start with a cheap build and switch to MF’ing later when you have enough Resources.
"
Namcap wrote:
Windripper is good for additional IIQ/IIR, but rangers (mostly pathfinders, some raiders) are used because of crazy move speed and damage. There comes a point where you are not limited by damage, but by movespeed. Any screen clearing skill will do as long as you have enough damage and can afford to use bisco/ventor.

I expect them to do similar to prior leagues so patch notes 3-4 days before, passive trees 1-2 days before. The only thing we won't know for certain is for example if they move maps on the Atlas, they will mention it in the patch notes but impossible to know impact until the patch is live.

Good advice, thanks Namcap.

"
Alienbutter wrote:
I dunno if an MF-char is a good starter,...
Atm Bisco’s Collar is the Amulett to have and pretty expensive.
Maybe start with a cheap build and switch to MF’ing later when you have enough Resources.

Even though I'll be playing less than I could have years ago, I'm decent at wealth generation. The items shouldn't be too much of a problem. My playtime will be less so it will just take me longer than usual.

I will make the character strong initially, and then replace pieces of gear with MF gear as I go and tweak the build. Small incrimental steps, but it should work!

Biggest Challenge is finding time to play. Being an adult has it's perks but I miss PoE.
anything is everything
Last edited by Manocean on Feb 19, 2018, 12:17:19 PM
You can throw on a Bisco's amulet and a pair of +8-10% IIQ ventor's rings that help fill in your resists on most builds and now you are "MF".
Add in the usual suspects Sadima's (16%) / Goldwyrms (20%) if your build can spare the gear slots. Bisco's leash (5%) is a fine belt too.
Windripper is the typical choice if you want to play a bow build for the obvious extra +15% IIQ
Currently abyss jewels make it trivial to add flat damage to many builds so clearing maps isn't really an issue. You just want to use insanity gloves/brightbeak etc. to get your shield charge as fast as possible, or play a queen of the forest build.

Atlas strategies to combine with this center around farming whatever map has some of these properties:
1. the best Divination card drops.
2. the most sextant coverage. (and best blocks)
3. above avg monster density.
4. agreeable layout. (determined by you)

There are plenty of good options you can decide for yourself.
Popular ones seem to be (shaped) Vault, (shaped) Channel, Spooder Forest, (shaped) Atoll, (shaped) strand etc. as they check off most of these points above.

Simply park your Elder spawn on the map you've decided on (look up guides) and you're set to chain run it, using sextants (only with proper blocking, also look up guides) if the price of them is reasonable (up to you to define reasonable :p as it's all relative)

As stated we will have to wait a few days for patch notes to see if any of this changes but for now this is current MF state or at least how I see it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info