Shield Throw and Ethereal Knives

"
Namcap wrote:
"
Vipermagi wrote:
Mjolner's +1 Chain would apply, yes. The trigger does not.

Why wouldn't it trigger? It says trigger on hit, the shield hits. It should cast supported spells IMO (was kindda hoping it would at least)

I believe the trigger on hit is local. You can test this by equipping a sword + Mjolner then using Lacerate. If Mjolner's lightning spells trigger: you're right. If they don't: Vipermagi's right.
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
Well damn, there goes my dreams of Mjolner/Arc + gloomfang + SST massive chaos damage chains everywhere. I had fun in my head while it lasted.
I'll depress you even more, because I was considering an Arc Gloomfang build, too.

Gloomfang specifically states that projectiles gain Chaos damage as they bounce. Which discludes Arc. Very sad face.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

edit: I mean I can still do SST gloomfang with Ewar's mirage but then I won't be nearly as much of a special snowflake.
Last edited by Namcap on Feb 20, 2018, 12:34:28 PM
"
1453R wrote:
"
Draegnarrr wrote:
People aren't saying it doesn't chain guys they are saying chain isn't good for it, making it bounce once before it explodes is pretty irrelevant as you lose control of where it explodes in return for hitting 1 extra target, assuming the projectiles chain it does at least have that going for it however.

Fork has some potential, its got quite a steep penalty though so not entirely certain what'll be the best combo here.

The subprojectiles also chain. And frankly, having one or two chains to (ideally) dig into a big pack of critters is better than not doing so. Throwing your shield at the front of a mob of critters wastes half of your SST subprojectiles because they nova, and thus the ones that shoot backwards hit nothing and do you no good. Chain lets the shield work its way into the guts of a pack and explode there, hitting with far more subprojectiles which will themselves chain.

I don't foresee many situations where Chain would be 'bad' for SST, at least insofar as setting SST up to clear goes. Against widely scattered targets you'd need to hit them all with the shield individually anyways, and Chain speeds that up. Against big, densely-packed critters, having a Chain or two means much better average pack clear.

Plus Chaining is just freakin' fun. So why not do it?

Because most people are talking about the gem, sources of chain are few and far between and the gem definitely won't be worth using, yes you can make the sub projectiles bounce twice, or you could make them pierce going from a 31% less to a 19% more, the coverage won't be an issue once you have projectile speed exactly the same as EK.

Currently your looking at deadeye, which would be viable especially for a sub crit version with some bleed, gloomfangs +1 chain for using your amulet slot really, ewars mirage is a suitable MH for leveling but won't come even close to the damage output of a real mainhand later on or the gem.

None of those sound great to me, i really like deadeye so i'd quite possibly get the 1 free chain from that (and hopefully it gets buffed) but theres no chance i'd use the others.
Last edited by Draegnarrr on Feb 20, 2018, 12:43:18 PM
Nobody talks about the gem. Especially when they say 'bounce once'.

That said, a'ight. if you're one of those who says 'if a build doesn't do 50M Shaper DPS with its clearing skill, then it's G.A.R.B.A.G.E," then Chaining isn't what you want. But I don't see any reason why Deadeye/Ewar's Mirage (which offers a nice hefty ~50% EDwA roll in addition to a chain)/Gloomfang wouldn't be a perfectly reasonable Normal Person build. Get up to 60% Phys-as-Chaos on the final chain hits, and get otherwise excellent coverage. Sure, Pierce works for coverage as well, but I've often found that Chain works better, especially in weird maps where things aren't always ideally clumped up.
Just don't say it isn't working with CoC too please
Neden yaşıyorsun?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info