Any market for legacy items that current versions are stronger?

I want to ignore items that some stats got buffed and others nerfed, but this has been bugging me for a while now. I like to collect uniques trying to pretty much solo build as many perfect rolled uniques as I can. To save room in standard I have of course been throwing things onto a mule account.

Problem is, are legacy variants of uniques that are objectively nerfed compared to current versions "collector" in any way? I know that question is kind of subjective that anybody can say "well are they worth hoarding to you?" And I am mostly looking for some sway in my opinion.

For example, I have a 6s Blood Reaper with 120% inc phys. It WAS perfect roll. Not anymore. I see like a dozen on poe.trade with an ex price tag but does anybody actually go about searching for these legacy variants? I'm not actually looking to sell my collection but if there are simply a couple dozen legacy versions of items like the blood reaper sitting perfect but nerfed by age that nobody actually wants or trades for ever, I think I'd rather be gone with them and only be hoarding perfect roll curreny "buffed" ones.

Opinions?
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
Last bumped on Feb 19, 2018, 7:39:58 AM
I collect everything so to me, yeah, and there are others but not to anyone other than us collectors so far as I know.
Censored.
My first mule account is 1 character short from full so its why I'm sitting here, "is it worth starting a new one (account), leveling it to 25 quick so it can actually trade" because all the legacy crap is already in there except I now need room for my Atlas of Worlds Maps and such.

But I will probably just do that anyway instead of dealing with the headache of it all considering I get like 5 days of standard play time a league anyway...
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
Here is how i manage my legacy items in std.

occasionally i will price check certain lots of them (because i have many of each)
When i am running out of room, i choose the ones with the lowest current price on the market

*recently destroyed a ton of relics that were not rare not useful* - i did this because i could purchase them for a couple ex or less and there was enough on the market that it couldnt be bought out easily

There are some items however i will never get rid of and this is just a matter of attachment and appreciation for the item (legacy iiq, legacy crit ammy, facebreakers, ROTC legacy etc)

short answer, toss what you can replace by purchasing if you must. expect that if it sucks now, 95%chance, that it will suck forever
I got a fever and the only prescription, is more cowbell!
"
D3izhistory wrote:
short answer, toss what you can replace by purchasing if you must. expect that if it sucks now, 95%chance, that it will suck forever

I like that thought, lol.

I have a lot of random shit piling up, but atm most new items that are introduced into the game are literally flooded into the market at such a high rate that it's not gonna matter even if you see a little spike.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
"
D3izhistory wrote:
Here is how i manage my legacy items in std.

occasionally i will price check certain lots of them (because i have many of each)
When i am running out of room, i choose the ones with the lowest current price on the market

*recently destroyed a ton of relics that were not rare not useful* - i did this because i could purchase them for a couple ex or less and there was enough on the market that it couldnt be bought out easily

There are some items however i will never get rid of and this is just a matter of attachment and appreciation for the item (legacy iiq, legacy crit ammy, facebreakers, ROTC legacy etc)

That might be what I do. Assuming they are not price manipulating a nerfed legacy item (because one of those blood reapers has a year old tag so that's damn dedication to get other perfect rolled undesireable for actual use blood reapers) an ex price tag is pretty comfy for me to afford in std, even though I don't make much currency each league. I still have 2 mirrors worth of currency crammed up since open beta.

I will get some mule space back and I probably shouldn't miss having it whatsoever unless something happens that would make those crap rolls more collector worthy which is doubtful. It isn't like they are mtg cards that suddenly have good synergy with a recently released card and will spike in value. Even a perfectly minimum roll blood reaper with 180% now is more worthy than that.

Except my relics... I have a super soft spot in my heart for foils...
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info