Newish player overwhelmed...

This is probably going to sound silly to a lot of you but I dont know what direction is the most efficient, so I'm going to ask.

I've played POE off and on for years, but I've never got to endgame. The whys and hows are irrelevant. Bottom line I only ever got to a lvl 57 character.

SO for the sake of short and sweet. My 57 standard league character is a mess as far as equipment. I.E. basically no money no items worth money that I know of and dont want to tackle the 4 tabs of junk etc.

I'll do it myself (learn the endgame) my question is should i keep rockin my 20 something league character and see how far i get ( oh all this is prep for new league as I built a gaming pc and will be playin for a while straight now) or sell most/all of the gear from standard league and get organized. then get back to game play.

Or should i just shut up and play. Lol. This isnt new to POE I tend to agonize in games i play just been going back nd forth for 2 days and havent decided... cant decide. so i end up playing other games but i want to reach endgame preferably before new league so I can have a clue.

TL;DR
Should I try and pick up peices and figure out where 57 standard league stands (I know about the passive reset just mean tabs, build decision) or play the one I started and been messin around with this league in the 20's.
Last bumped on Feb 18, 2018, 4:01:15 PM
shut and and play prob, spend time on the forums, watching youtube videos on builds

perhaps you will find one you want to play
I got a fever and the only prescription, is more cowbell!
If you want I can try and teach you the game for the new league and teach you how to level and how to progress in the late game I can guide you through on something like discord to fully explain your questions
Shut up and play. But play a character that's pretty easy. Go with a totem build for a while... just to feel out the game. That playstyle is about as carefree as you can get.
Stop trying to overthink

Shut up and just play

Before being one, professional athlete didnt went to bed thinking "i've just read about my sport and watched games, Tomorrow ill be a professional!"

You have to play the think in order to master it
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
Last edited by Sexcalibure on Feb 17, 2018, 10:12:29 PM
Game can be scary. Thing is it all depends on what you want.

Seeing as the league is still going for another 2 weeks you could take the time to at least learn how to reach endgame by leveling out the character you have in Abyss. Since it is the closest to a fresh start that can give you the chance to learn as you play.

Even if you respec your standard toon you will still need to run at least 2 acts to reach endgame. And if you go in blind and don't follow a guide bricking the toon will only turn you away from playing.

Another thing is finding a few friends to play with. You can learn alot faster playing with someone that knows their way around Wraeclast since the amount of info can be overwhelming.
Jump in with both feet and play.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
"
TonkaTough85 wrote:
This is probably going to sound silly to a lot of you but I dont know what direction is the most efficient, so I'm going to ask.

I've played POE off and on for years, but I've never got to endgame. The whys and hows are irrelevant. Bottom line I only ever got to a lvl 57 character.

SO for the sake of short and sweet. My 57 standard league character is a mess as far as equipment. I.E. basically no money no items worth money that I know of and dont want to tackle the 4 tabs of junk etc.

I'll do it myself (learn the endgame) my question is should i keep rockin my 20 something league character and see how far i get ( oh all this is prep for new league as I built a gaming pc and will be playin for a while straight now) or sell most/all of the gear from standard league and get organized. then get back to game play.

Or should i just shut up and play. Lol. This isnt new to POE I tend to agonize in games i play just been going back nd forth for 2 days and havent decided... cant decide. so i end up playing other games but i want to reach endgame preferably before new league so I can have a clue.

TL;DR
Should I try and pick up peices and figure out where 57 standard league stands (I know about the passive reset just mean tabs, build decision) or play the one I started and been messin around with this league in the 20's.

Play the skill you like most(or wanted to try) or Build something around a Unqiue weapon.
Then Learnt new things as u play along.

Oh yah get that Tabula unique, best for experimenting skills.

Perm. Retired from this unforgiving land of the Exiles.
Self-impost EXILED.
Wow thank you all. The advice is appreciated. Truly.

Decided to go back to my old lvl 57 what was a tornado shot build originally. Got some help from a dude last night hooked me up wit some currency and items of use and info. So with that and already being a lvl 57 i vendored all my junk and here we go!!!

Thanks again!
So if you want to get to end game actually feel like you can get in this game, follow my advice.

Go to youtube and search for "poe league starter"

Don't even think about anything and just build your character just like they say to do in the build guide.

Play that build for a good month or so. In the mean time research the mechanics of the game by reading the wiki, build guides, download path of building and goof around on that.

After you get a decent understanding of the game, then go ahead and build your own character.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info