Help with endgame?

Hey guys!!

Recently hit endgame, compelted path 10 and I am level 71 now!

I always thought T1 maps were good to farm, but it seems that with my current build this is very hard to do still.

I'm using a Tornado shot build, recommended by a lot after finding it on YouTube.

The main problem i think is lack of resistance.

The game punishes you for killing Kitava by giving you 30% less resitance x2.
So a total of -60% when you hit endgame.

Due to this 'mechanic' I am severaly lacking resistance..
Thus dying a lot.

Nothing is more frustrating than TRYING to level up in T1 maps and do reasonably well but then die 3 times in a row, losing all your progress..

To me this is anti-fun, but since my friend plays POE too I really want to enjoy it so I can continue playing with him.

Do you guys have any tips/tricks that I might not know of so I can just complete T1 maps without dying?
Last bumped on Feb 18, 2018, 4:51:12 PM
Well you have already identified one of your problems. Get more resistances on your gear. The game expects you to be capped (75%) on fire, cold, and lightning resistance.

For any additional tips, make your characters public in your forum profile. That lets other people see what you're doing and tell you what to improve.
Capping resistances isn't that hard, you can get quite a lot for quite cheap with jewellery and goldrim. You can farm your currency and levels in act 10 if you're poor. Some people farm til level 80 there.
Not playing 3.20 - just a sm0l break, builds are still fine.
I updated the profile so you can have a look at my character..

I try to get gear with resistance but its not super cheap (unless its crap gear ofc).

As you can see my amulet has a lot of damage added to my projectiles.
If I were to replace it with a resistance amulet I'd lose a ton of dmg and still die lol..

I try farming act 10 maps..
My luckrate is kinda poor as I get maybe 1 chaos every week?

My friend has better RNG luck. He gets 3 chaos in 1 hour loool.
"
PrinceNiels wrote:
I updated the profile so you can have a look at my character..

I try to get gear with resistance but its not super cheap (unless its crap gear ofc).

As you can see my amulet has a lot of damage added to my projectiles.
If I were to replace it with a resistance amulet I'd lose a ton of dmg and still die lol..

I try farming act 10 maps..
My luckrate is kinda poor as I get maybe 1 chaos every week?

My friend has better RNG luck. He gets 3 chaos in 1 hour loool.

Do you know of/do the chaos recipe?

That can get you a decent stack of chaos to buy some passable gear.

The efficient farmers will laugh it off as a waste of time but as someone starting out it is a good way to generate some currency.

Edit: And looking at your character you have made the common newcomer mistake of too many unique items. Drop the rings and gloves at least for rares with life and resists.
Last edited by Dodgydave on Feb 17, 2018, 7:41:15 PM
Drop praxis, the amulet, the quiver, the gloves, and the boots. It will be easy to replace them with something better for very cheap:

http://poe.trade/search/akanauturimone
http://poe.trade/search/anokoubunariki
http://poe.trade/search/niminakionazum
http://poe.trade/search/namohomenogima

also you might wanna drop 2 life flasks and replace them with a sulphur and silver flask for now...later some unique flasks (atziris promise, dying sun, taste of hate, ...)

/edit: I noticed you took a mana leech node in the 'leech wheel' in the south of the passive tree - you could just take the life and mana leech node instead
Last edited by kuddman on Feb 17, 2018, 7:55:08 PM
Just use orbs of chance on two stone rings. They are both easy to find and can help alot with res.
Exchanged a few items and respecced some nodes in my skilltree..

Hows it looking now?
They don't really help.

Hit me up in game I have some stuff in Abyss you can have that will help immensely.
the biggest Problem I see is:
You CWDT is not Linked to Immortal Call,....
Make that a 4 Link in your Gloves ASAP!
And Drop those Jewels,... you are Using a Bow not a 2h Sword, Not Frostbold,... stop It Man!
Get yourself some Abyss Jewels,go for 3 stats so they are cheaps
Searching Eye
-Life always!

then 2 dmg probs:
-Dmg with Attacks
-Dmg with Bows
-Atk Speed or anyhting,.. lots of ooptions.

The Tree looks OK, but you take too much DmG and not enough Life.
When you level in this Game you take Life>Stats(Int/STr/Dex)>DmG and you will always be ahead.
Stop using Barrage, its a "High investement" Skill. If you have a 6 Link and Dying Sun its the most dmg but Until then its Better to you use Blast Rain on a 4 Link.

You should drop faster Attacks in you Main Setup and replace it with Mirage Archer.
then Versus Boses you hit them with 1 Tornado and the Mirage will fire for 5 secs while you spamm Blast Rain/Barrage on them.

you Gear is, like the Other Said, in need of upgrades.
I would start using an Stygian Vise with a Bow Jewel in it, both for 1c.
Go for 2 Resistances on Gear its cheaper

F.ex.
Belt should Have
Life 80+
Str 30+
Fire Res 30+
Cold Res 30+
+
this will cost not much.

then you take your boots and
Life 60+
Cold Res 30+
Light Res 30+
Movement Speed!!!!!!!! 25-30 very Important!!!!

I think you get the Idea
Last edited by Alienbutter on Feb 18, 2018, 2:41:57 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info