The Eight

With that difficulty comes incredibly powerful items that only a few people will ever get access to. “This [ item ] is probably only going to be used by eight people and that’s it,” - Chris Wilson

Fyndel going to kill Uber Elder on day 2-3.

Who the other seven?
Last edited by Marmiađoise on Feb 17, 2018, 11:19:05 AM
Last bumped on Feb 17, 2018, 3:04:32 PM
Never understood the reasoning behind giving players that can overcome the most powerful encounters in the game even more powerful items. Way to break a game.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Never understood the reasoning behind giving players that can overcome the most powerful encounters in the game even more powerful items. Way to break a game.

what do you expect? make chase uniques uber rare by just giving them to every part timer, newb scrub* who creates an account?

when did people get the idea that POE was made by democrats?
I got a fever and the only prescription, is more cowbell!
Last edited by D3izhistory on Feb 17, 2018, 11:39:45 AM
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

The upper ceiling of poe will always allow a sub set of players to destroy end game content. This will never change nor is it a bad thing.

If the top 5% can not reliably do end game content, where does that leave the majority of players - probably struggling in T2 maps instead of steamrolling T8-T10.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Not arguing that. What I'm saying is that gating these ultra powerful items behind ultra difficult encounters is kind of silly. If a character is strong enough to beat the hardest encounters, he really doesn't need even more powerful equipment.

I'd rather see powerful items gated behind time played... make them ultra-rare. That way anyone can find them, given time. Stuff like Tyreal's Might from D2 days. You could play for years and never see one.

But that just reflects my playstyle. SSF play doesn't need a reward when you beat your threshold. You're just done. You win. The goal isn't to trivialize the game.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Not arguing that. What I'm saying is that gating these ultra powerful items behind ultra difficult encounters is kind of silly. If a character is strong enough to beat the hardest encounters, he really doesn't need even more powerful equipment.

I'd rather see powerful items gated behind time played... make them ultra-rare. That way anyone can find them, given time. Stuff like Tyreal's Might from D2 days. You could play for years and never see one.

But that just reflects my playstyle. SSF play doesn't need a reward when you beat your threshold. You're just done. You win. The goal isn't to trivialize the game.

Well the thing is, even scrubs who never breach T10 maps could still get these items via trading and doing chaos recipe grinding over time.

Perfect example is that most people who own a dying sun have never actually beaten shaper themselves.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Last edited by Nephalim on Feb 17, 2018, 11:53:52 AM
Got a link the article he said that in? Would like to read all of it

NM I found it.
Last edited by gladiatorpie on Feb 17, 2018, 12:04:38 PM
"
Nephalim wrote:

Well the thing is, even scrubs who never breach T10 maps could still get these items via trading and doing chaos recipe grinding over time.

Perfect example is that most people who own a dying sun have never actually beaten shaper themselves.

this is the best example, we know you can farm hundreds of exalts given enough playtime

even if there are only 8 of these items (i doubt there will be this few tho) there will be sellers of them for hundreds of exalts

so a message to the newbs would be get ready to farm about 10,000 maps and then you can afford one provided you aren't an idiot with your currency
I got a fever and the only prescription, is more cowbell!
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

Aren't there already TONS of uber rare items that drop everywhere? Also there is no point for doing super end game content if there is no drive for it.
Uploaded an awesome Exsanguinate Freeze Explosion build on the forums - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3508506
Make boss killers next league and forget about biscos.
"In this game you're just a cow being milked, not a human being entertained" - Kiss_Me_Quick

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info