I play for 4 months now and still not understanding the whole game

Thank you all for your answers it helps me a lot !

Indeed I left away accuracy, is it that important ? Because I don't miss my skills a lot but I trust you. I can get some on rings/amulets/others ? Which is the best ?

I got a 5L on purpose because I saw that people were playing a wander with Power Siphon so they had a 4L barrage.

By the way what's Vinktar and Global 820 and how can I jion it ?

Again thank you for your answers ;)
So this is how attacks work (and someone will likely correct me cause I'm going off memory):

you attack, it rolls accuracy to see if you hit, if it does, it rolls crit to see if you crit, if you do crit, it rolls accuracy again, if it passes, you crit, if not, it's a normal hit

(yes that sentence is hell to read)
This means your accuracy is checked twice for crits, so if your hit chance is low, you're not critting as much as your tooltip tells you.

Vessel of Vinktar is the unique blue flask you are using. It can have 4 different rolls. One of them is to convert physical damage to lightning, which you have equipped, but have no physical damage to convert so it does very little. One roll is to add flat lightning damage to attacks, this is the one you want.

As for 5L and 6L, you need to see who and what you're looking at. Someone with amazing gear/jewelry can have crazy damage on a 5L. Most people using those setups are running Vaal Power Siphon for extremely quick clear speed, because they have the gear to support it. Those people are also very likely only speed running low tier maps and not anything challenging nor killing bosses. Those are pure speed clear builds. You don't seem to be trying to build like that. A 6th link for barrage for single target would definitely help you.
Last edited by Namcap on Feb 16, 2018, 3:35:12 PM
Hey there,

your chance to hit is at 91% right now.
Thats not great but good enough.

Your Barrage is at 488k dps (all buffs up and all projectiles) and KB is at ~200k per projectile against trash. Against Shaper it would be 272k for Barrage and 48k for KB.
So the damage is there, thats not the issue.

Your movespeed is at 192% with all buffs up - thats pretty damn fast.

You should be clearing really fast, but for some reason you dont.
What exactly is the issue? What is it you are struggling with?
Can you provide some more info?
okay thank you a lot this post is helping me lot.
I didnt know how accuracy worked and that Vinktar could have 2 functions.
So how can I get more accuracy, on rings ?
Btw I got 91% chance hit. For a random people like me it might be a lot. Is it ?
Okay I didnt see the last post.

How can you tell me I got that much dps ?? In game nothing shows it...

Well the issue is, like I said first, that I'm fcking damn slower than any other wander player, and I dont why, that's all.

I'm very surprised by that dps
Well dps are only showing the dps per projectile.
So you have to multiply the tooltip dps with your max projectile count.

Also flask buffs or frenzy charges and stuff like that would only be shown while those buffs are active obviously, but curses for instance would never show up.

Thats why your tooltip dps seem to be low, while your dps are quite good ;)

And I know the numbers because I imported your character into path of building, activated all buffs applicable and checked the numbers.
But that means: You´ll only get those dps in a perfect scenario when all stars align and all buffs are active. Making that happen is your job as player :)

You are missing 20% MS because you haven't done uber lab, that's pretty huge.

Raider is a ramp character, so you cannot stop for even a few seconds you need to ALWAYS be looking and successfully finding mobs to kill to keep up charges/phasing/onsluahgt and be able to carry that out from the 1st pack to the map boss.

So don't run maps that aren't conductive to that unless you have too.

Get a stygian, and you probably don't need separate setups for barrage/KB, and your main clear skill should always be in the 5/6L anyways? You can just swap them out in the chest for bosses quickly. And obviously a 6L would help a good bit. Where is PCoC going btw? it doesn't work with anything in the helm. unlinked lighting warp might be nice just to be able to cross over a ledge to save a few seconds (again really important for ramp character).

Getting a hold of rampage would help your clear too if you can fit it in some how. IDK if SCA has null and voids or the like, I was using wyrmsign in HC w/ enduring cry.
I'm going to be annoying but I cant remember what Stygian is...
Yeah I want to do uber lab for like 3 weeks but I dont find the last trial x))

I dont understand the thing you said about lightning warp, can you precise ?

Oh and don't worry PoPC, I'm just leveling it for selling it, I problably kinda wanted to fill empty sockets lol

About the lab, how can I get quicly to it ?
That's pretty normal I play almost 4 yeras and still cannot believe how some incredible builds work without explanation. Some builds using incredible game mechanics and put it to the extreme. So don't be surprised that you don't know everything.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info