I really wish people would not call this Pokemon league

"

English is one of the worst languages ever. It’s absolutely ludicrous how many exceptions and omissions to rules, annunciation, etc. Oh well doesn’t matter, AI will rule this planet one day.

Don't you notice that whenever there is AI in a movie, it communicates in English?
And yes English is a fucked up hodge-podge horrid mixture of so many languages and rules, it surprises me how well non-english speakers can speak it (at least the ones I know)

OT - Calling this Pokemon league is just a knee jerk reaction.
Hopefully the meme will die soon.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
Last edited by DoubleU on Feb 17, 2018, 8:59:49 AM
dito, i actually hate pokemon.

it's one of the first games where people goto places which a machine tells them.

which i find frightening and weird. normally it's the other way around.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Do you prefer people lying to you? Because it IS the pokemon league, after all.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
Pokemon is childish. PoE isn't. Luckily I am. I personally think of the forthcoming league as Tamagotchi League.
Hatchimal League yeah baby
"I've played a lot of videogames. It's my primary recreational activity. Best games ever: Elden Ring and Diablo 4."
~Elon Musk, 2023
More and more I'm thinking of it as "skip-this-league".
I'm not a fan of Pokemon nor Monster Hunter, but whatever people want to refer to.

The last time (which is actually recently), when I played a game that have "capture specific monster" mechanic, I completely ignored that mechanic.

So I dunno if this league will be Ok for me to play or not. It all depends on how the capture mechanic is played out. If it is clunky and get in the way then yea... I likely have a problem with it.
Last edited by xonedl on Feb 17, 2018, 8:37:49 PM
You capture them all in order to be prettier. I would not start reasoning about freudian paradigms and sexuality. But imho everything here is designed to make us feel that we have a big and meaningfull one, crossing animal names in a virtual notebook with our manly friends in order to finally get rid of those parenting figures. Bottom line is that PoE isn't the place for getting laid.

Joke aside it will be solo clearspeed meta all over the goddam place :). More maps turns into more beasts that turns into more achievments.
Last edited by galuf on Feb 17, 2018, 9:42:05 PM
Standard League....he he d'oh!
"I've played a lot of videogames. It's my primary recreational activity. Best games ever: Elden Ring and Diablo 4."
~Elon Musk, 2023
I've played few trapper and miner characters so, Trapper League.
https://www.youtube.com/user/neskola
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCj8jRMTTPDq8DP98WZZrdiw

Essence rips https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL1DTVr3jaDbnHbfGnofet_oeUO8AvHBn_

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info