spectral shield throw

Theres alot of people talking about gmp and chain here, gmp is gonna add 4 projectile for -26% damage so you probably won't use it (your talking a 60-70% damage differential between an extra more instead of a less, which in return for 4 extra projectiles (so 8-12) probably isn't worth.

Chain won't make the shield produce multiple explosions unless its different to how chain works on everything else, it will make the shards chain but I would have thought pierce is better for the shards, it almost always is (assuming the cannot piece only applies to the shield, which seems right). Especially if using the chain gem nothings worth that massive damage penalty.
Nice thing there is that players don't have to commit to one or the other to try them. Skill up both gems and toss out the one that doesn't work as well for you.
Chain gem, probably not unless it's reworked for 3.2. But chains through items/ascendancy, paired with gloomfang maybe? Sounds interesting.
If shield will be calculated as offhand weapon should dual wielding pasives work?
"
Draegnarrr wrote:
Theres alot of people talking about gmp and chain here, gmp is gonna add 4 projectile for -26% damage so you probably won't use it (your talking a 60-70% damage differential between an extra more instead of a less, which in return for 4 extra projectiles (so 8-12) probably isn't worth.

Chain won't make the shield produce multiple explosions unless its different to how chain works on everything else, it will make the shards chain but I would have thought pierce is better for the shards, it almost always is (assuming the cannot piece only applies to the shield, which seems right). Especially if using the chain gem nothings worth that massive damage penalty.

Does the Second part Pierce? It’s written in the Skill discription: “cannot pierce”.
I don’t know if it’s possible for the support gem to affect it.
"
Iamod wrote:
"
imLuCaSsS wrote:
I'm a ST fan and can't wait to test spectral shield.

Cons: Crafting a good shield for this skill may be kinda annoying. Flat ES, lots of armour, block chance, etc. Shaper shield probably.

You're forgetting that this league is the league of crafting. We can make anything we want lol..

I hope so. :D

The new craft system on altar/sacrifice animals can either be awesome or boring and crap. Let's see :D
My end, it justifies my means,
All I ever do is delay,
My every attempt to evade,
The end of the road
And my end....
"
BeoWulf981 wrote:
OK Now how do you boost its dps? Thicc Jugg with Brass Dome/Determination?

DPS of the skill is basically around your Shield armour/ev rate. And flat ES for crit chance.

All other armour status doesn't change it. Doesn't matter if you have 543865 armour in your character only the armour of your shield will increase dps
All I ever do is delay,
The end of the road
And my end....
Last edited by imLuCaSsS on Feb 16, 2018, 1:28:53 PM
"
pijanapanda wrote:
If shield will be calculated as offhand weapon should dual wielding pasives work?

no you're not dual wielding your main hand is empty

"While holding a shield" it's the passives u're looking for
All I ever do is delay,
The end of the road
And my end....
"
imLuCaSsS wrote:
"
pijanapanda wrote:

no you're not dual wielding your main hand is empty

"While holding a shield" it's the passives u're looking for

Why main hand should be empty?
FB dont work so best option is statstick in main hand.
"
Alienbutter wrote:
I was wondering which Class/Asc would be good for a spectral Throw build.

If we are assuming Doryani can work, let’s go elemental attack/projectiles
-Ranger/Raider

If we go for Crit Inquisitor is the obvious but lame choice.

Hmm my gem setup would be something like
Spectral Shield Throw
Elemental dmg with attacks
Multistrike? (If it works) or Ancestral Call
Physical to Lightning
Elemental Focus

Then Maybe Crit or Gmp/SLower Proj for Swapping

these wont work, itll be the same sort of supports youd use on a bow or wand attack.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info