Supporter Titles (more than 7) on Forum?

Do you think that GGG might use the forum badge idea for the next big expansion? I really like using the forums just like I love playing PoE so it would be a really cool incentive to push people who are debating which packs to buy or go all out and buy all of them so they can display them all :D
(Steam)MickeyDankMouse
(PSN)MickeyDankMouse
(Xbox)MickeyDankMouse
-MickeyDankMouse-
We've been tinkering with plans to create a badge system that won't take up as much space next to your name and will allow you to show off more of your supporter packs and other accomplishments. I'm not sure on the current status of that, however.
GGG forums are, by current standards,...ancient technology.....but hey, it’s all good :). Fun is fun
"I've played a lot of videogames. It's my primary recreational activity. Best games ever: Elden Ring and Diablo 4."
~Elon Musk, 2023
Last edited by DreadLordAvatar on Feb 16, 2018, 11:01:29 PM
I actually like how they look now.
IGN RighteousRom LvL-100 Juggernaut
Mirror Drop T-14 Shrine
"
Bex_GGG wrote:
We've been tinkering with plans to create a badge system that won't take up as much space next to your name and will allow you to show off more of your supporter packs and other accomplishments. I'm not sure on the current status of that, however.

What about allow us to show ALL of supporter packs in badges page https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Towlg/badges ?

So you still have 7 of them in forum posts, but can show all of them in last page of your profile.
"
Romulas19 wrote:
I actually like how they look now.

Same!

"
Towlg wrote:
What about allow us to show ALL of supporter packs in badges page https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Towlg/badges ?

That page being publicly shown currently serves no purpose whatsoever.

The Privacy page even asks if you want it to be accessible... for some reason.
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
what reason should there be for ggg to allow people to show how much they like and overall supported the game?

i mean, we pointed them at the problem of their badge system failing shortly at leage number 4 already, that's what ... 4 years ago.

age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
More "look at me, I'm filthy rich and can buy all supporter packs" is just bad. Great for GGG as they are a "for profit" business and will gladly take all money you throw at them. For the rest of us that use the forums seeing 7 supporter titles is already too many. What Bex said about getting their art department to create badges for each supporter title so at least 3 can fit per line under the post name to compress them down would be a very good way to handle them.

"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Or make the support titles way smaller and put them around your avatar on left and right side of it:)
In order to get rid of clearspeed meta cap global movement speed at 100% but make all skills instant so everything feels great.
Guys the solution is simple - just make all the titles into animated gifs. And transition from one animated gif to the next. It's so simple. Not only would each individual title look better, as they would be all animated individually, but they would take up less space as they would transition from one animated title to the next in a single title space.

Then place this single animated super gif into one of several tiered borders that corresponds to how many titles you own and then put a nice elegant number inside of that border so people can easily see how many titles they have in total without counting all the animated gifs.

This number would be togglable by the owner of course they don't have to show them all if they don't want to for whatever reason.

Last edited by BearCares on Feb 18, 2018, 4:10:20 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info