Anyone getting Kingdom come?

Going to butcher some bullies and dookie on their corpse
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last bumped on Jul 15, 2018, 12:28:31 PM
Not tomorrow, but I will grab that one.
Maybe, but not for $60. The game seems over hyped. It's probably gonna have a slew of performance/optimization issues, crashes, bugs, etc like any other game at release does, and to me that's not worth $60.

The best time to buy games is when they're done patching it, and all the DLC is released, and then you can buy the game + DLC for $20 or less on sale. I haven't seen anything in any of the videos that really make the game appear so awesome that I just have to play it right now.
Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Feb 12, 2018, 8:34:37 PM
Watching some twitch stream, it looks great.
Beware of eurojank. I personally love it, but it's not for everyone.

From a PCGamer review:

"
"Here’s the thing: I don’t care that much. I usually have a low tolerance for buggy games, but I’m having so much fun existing in this simulated medieval world that it hasn’t deterred me from playing it once. I’ve always had an affinity for scrappy, ambitious games that bite off more than they can chew, and Kingdom Come falls neatly into this category. You’ll just have to decide whether its general lack of polish is charming or, well, annoying. I’m leaning towards the former, although I imagine some of you won’t be quite as forgiving."
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Last edited by Xavderion on Feb 13, 2018, 11:06:40 AM
"
Xavderion wrote:
Beware of eurojank. I personally love it, but it's not for everyone.

From a PCGamer review:

"
"Here’s the thing: I don’t care that much. I usually have a low tolerance for buggy games, but I’m having so much fun existing in this simulated medieval world that it hasn’t deterred me from playing it once. I’ve always had an affinity for scrappy, ambitious games that bite off more than they can chew, and Kingdom Come falls neatly into this category. You’ll just have to decide whether its general lack of polish is charming or, well, annoying. I’m leaning towards the former, although I imagine some of you won’t be quite as forgiving."

Game came out today and reviewer stated he play more than 25 hours. Patch came out today as well. Streamer I am watching play it already 4 hours and no bugs in his gameplay. He plays on max without blur and has 60fps all time so far, seems game is locked at 60 though.

I see such a review as manipulative junk. No matter if its positive and negative.

Besides Xavderion: eurojunk? are you playing this game?

Last edited by Rexeos on Feb 13, 2018, 11:57:31 AM
"
Rexeos wrote:

Game came out today and reviewer stated he play more than 25 hours. Patch came out today as well. Streamer I am watching play it already 4 hours and no bugs in his gameplay. He plays on max without blur and has 60fps all time so far, seems game is locked at 60 though.

I see such a review as manipulative junk. No matter if its positive and negative.

Besides Xavderion: eurojunk? are you playing this game?

Reviewers got their review copies about a week ago. There's no conspiracy.

And it's eurojank, not eurojunk. It's a stereotype about European games which are usually good games but come out with a lot of bugs and janky mechanics. Games like Witcher 1, the Gothic games, Stalker... basically overly ambitious games which are still instant classics for everyone who likes the specific niche. One could almost think PoE was made in Europe...
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Looked at it... kind of like a historically accurate version of Skyrim. Might get it over Spring Break or Summer. Not jumping on the bandwagon yet.

Important concerns are the pricing structure. If they're going to DLC us to death, forget it.
"
Xavderion wrote:

Reviewers got their review copies about a week ago. There's no conspiracy.

I am not sure what you are trying to say. I am still on same note, PCGamer simply make review on something different than players are playing currently. Therefore review has no value and is rather personal opinion. And because such a fact is not mentioned and is labeled as Review, its manipulative junk.

*eurojank - prejudice in my world. Nothing to worry or beware of. I dont think people in america or europe has mentality to make game like poe, but we can be surprised :).

Last edited by Rexeos on Feb 13, 2018, 1:51:31 PM
I despise thee combat system is my complaint about it
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info