stacking flask usage ?

Hello,

Let's say I have a life flask that recover 4000 hp over 10 sec.
let's says this flask have a cooldown of 2 sec.

If I use that flask, I will recorver 400hp/sec, ok.
And if I reuse the same flask 5 seconds after the first use, do I have 800hp/sec (during 5 sec) and 400hp/sec for the last 5 sec ?
Last bumped on Feb 14, 2018, 2:16:42 AM
"
LordOfShadow wrote:
Let's say I have a life flask that recover 4000 hp over 10 sec.
let's says this flask have a cooldown of 2 sec.
Flasks do not have cooldowns, but that's irrelevant to the question anyway.

"
LordOfShadow wrote:
If I use that flask, I will recorver 400hp/sec, ok.
And if I reuse the same flask 5 seconds after the first use, do I have 800hp/sec (during 5 sec) and 400hp/sec for the last 5 sec ?
No. Flasks don't stack, they queue. If you use that flask twice, you'll recover life at a rate of 400 per second for a total of 20 seconds (or stop before then when you reach full life).

If you used two different flasks, and the second one had a faster rate of life recovery per second, that one would go to the front of the queue and the in-progress slower first flask would wait until it finished, then restart and do the rest of it's recovery - flasks are prioritised by recovery rate.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Feb 12, 2018, 5:28:58 PM
It is worth noting that it isn't the case for utility flasks (neither life nor mana like quicksilver and such) as using such flask in quick succession will just overwrite the previous use.
Lets say u have a quicksilver flask that lasts 10s. U use it once and then after 2s reuse it. The effect will last 12s in total.
The same goes for the same effect from multiple flasks e.g. when u have 2 quicksilver flasks u can't have increased speed from both at the same time.
"
Flasks do not have cooldowns, but that's irrelevant to the question anyway.

What is this little yellow bar when you use the flask, below the flask ?

I know it's a noob question.
"
It is worth noting that it isn't the case for utility flasks

Sorry but I'm not native english reader, I need clarification
I can understand your exmple with quicksilver, but about life, does it mean the hp rate will remain the same but will stay 20 seconds.

So, for example my flask have 30 charges, nd it consume 10 each time I press "1" key.
If I press "1" three time in a raw, I will recover my life durring 30 seconds ("it's queued") ? or only 10 ?
if it's only 10, that mean I am loosing previous keypress ?
Last edited by LordOfShadow on Feb 14, 2018, 1:58:16 AM
"
LordOfShadow wrote:

What is this little yellow bar when you use the flask, below the flask ?

How long the flask lasts - duration of it's effect

"
LordOfShadow wrote:

If I press "1" three time in a raw, I will recover my life durring 30 seconds ("it's queued") ? or only 10 ?
if it's only 10, that mean I am loosing previous keypress ?

You will recover life over 30 seconds.

There is French forum btw
Last edited by Nubatack on Feb 14, 2018, 2:17:20 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info