[3.8] ♛ Hank the Tank™ ♛ - The Manliest Man ☛ Cleave & Bladestorm [Delve 500+][Uber Atziri/Elder]

"
"

I personally prefer Craiceann's Carapace mainly for the Bleed immunity.
NOTE: DO NOT USE ASPECT OF THE CRAB GRANTED BY THE CHEST! It doesn't work without the gloves and helmet!
[/span]

Hi there, why isn't it working? According to the ingame character Defence tab I get the additional phys dmg reduction :-/
Or is this a visual/display bug?

I can answer this: because without the other Craiceann items, that phys damage reduction drops to ZERO immediately after you take any physical damage, meaning in most fights it might as well not be there (and you're reserving mana for basically nothing).

EDIT: from the wiki (bold mine): Aspect of the Crab is an aspect skill that generates a Crab Barrier every 0.5 seconds, granting physical damage reduction for each Crab Barrier the player has. All Crab Barriers are lost when the player takes physical damage from a hit.
Last edited by Wanderer14 on Jul 21, 2019, 9:21:13 AM
Are there any other melee skills we can use other than cleave? Like reave, double strike, lightning strike etc?
thank you for this guide
hank is a beast and doesnt give a fuck
im still trying to get my first decent jewel but im progressing steadily
"
AdventAng3l wrote:
Are there any other melee skills we can use other than cleave? Like reave, double strike, lightning strike etc?

Anything that can be used with swords and doesn't convert to or deals Elemental/Chaos damage.
Proud creator of Hank the Tank™:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2087746
☛ ♨ ♂ ✌ www.youtube.com/captainwarlord ♂ ♨ ✌ ☚
what stances do you use? just picking up this build again as i now finally want to actually get somewhere. did use your build last league and it was epic.

with both blood and sand, and flesh and stone, what do you use in the end?
"
Karetje wrote:
what stances do you use? just picking up this build again as i now finally want to actually get somewhere. did use your build last league and it was epic.

with both blood and sand, and flesh and stone, what do you use in the end?

Always Blood Stance. Rest is a waste of time.
"
"
AdventAng3l wrote:

Anything that can be used with swords and doesn't convert to or deals Elemental/Chaos damage.

Have you tested the performance of double strike and reave? How do they compare with cleave?
"
AdventAng3l wrote:
Have you tested the performance of double strike and reave? How do they compare with cleave?

The iteration before 3.7 was Reave & Double Strike. If it were better, do you think I would be using Cleave? ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVXP2sJARQM
i'm level 91 and have most of the gear except, of course, for the GG crafted swords.

i'm currently dual wielding a 340dps and 310 dps swords (sorry, i can't remember how to link into the post).

using the RT build of course because, no crafted swords.

I find the damage to be a little weak, tooltip is showing about 70k. now it's not really a problem since i can just flat out tank anything. but I'm wondering if I've made some mistake...

I've been trying to use Pride instead of determination. I'm finding my survival is still great, this really is a freaking tanky build, and damage is much better.

Just wondering if you (or any of your other players) had tried variations on offensive auras before getting the "can't be evaded" swords.

Thanks. build is great fun. there's nothing quite so satisfying as just straight-up face-tanking uber izaro. lol.
"
plasticeyes wrote:
i'm currently dual wielding a 340dps and 310 dps swords (sorry, i can't remember how to link into the post).

That's a common misconception. The DPS on weapons is often not that meaningful, especially not when it comes to skills with added damage.

E.g. you can have a sword with 600 pDPS but with an APS base of 1.2. Terrible.

Which is also part of your problem. You did not heed my advice to pick up swords with the highest base attack time possible; which would be Foils or Corsair swords.

"
plasticeyes wrote:
I find the damage to be a little weak, tooltip is showing about 70k. now it's not really a problem since i can just flat out tank anything. but I'm wondering if I've made some mistake...

I've been trying to use Pride instead of determination. I'm finding my survival is still great, this really is a freaking tanky build, and damage is much better

My reply above still applies. Then there's the fact that you have no Cleave enchant, no attack speed on gloves, no quality on most gems and almost all of them are not even lvl 20. You also have no Impale weapons.

You also picked up Gladiator's Perseverance for that sweet tooltip DPS, when you should have picked up Forceful Skewering for 100% Impale chance.

You also skipped Barbarism as you grabbed RT, skipped the Fortify node in the Steadfast wheel and skipped the big Armour node in the Inexorable wheel.

The fact that you still feel super tanky without Determination can probably be attributed to low level content (which Uber Izaro is) that can still be trivialized with the Life on hit until you take too much damage too quickly.

The reason why you feel Pride gives you much better damage is because you take too long to kill enemies because of your terrible base weapons (which means your Ruthless Blows take longer to stack up), which allows the aura to ramp up the damage they take.

Most of your problems can be solved by purchasing Foils with >25% attack speed with an open prefix (no % Physical damage on it) to craft the Impale hybrid Phys mod.

TLDR: Your damage is shit because:

* You have low Impale chance
* and you use shitty sword bases

Lastly, to show you that tooltip actually means fuck all:

This is my tooltip DPS just standing in hideout (auras active):

This is my tooltip DPS with flasks, totem and Blood Rage up:

And if that were my actual DPS, I would be able to do no endgame content. And if you check the Minotaur kill in the FAQ, you will see that DPS is nowhere near that and closer to 2 million DPS.

Also, don't forget to use Bladestorm for Rage stacks.
Last edited by CaptainWARLORD on Jul 23, 2019, 10:11:28 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info