[3.6][HC][Cheap][Starter] Hank the Tank™ - The Manliest Man - Double Strike Champion

"
Hello there.
I am currently playing this build and I would like to know. For what should I swap Melee Splash? For ruthless? And the second question. I am capped at 60 chaos res, with passives going for 79/80 with Loreweave. But the fact that I have all res capped make me only have 5.6k HP which I am very frightened of since I play only on HC. Is it possible for me to play only with that amount of HP? I am planning to kill Uber Elder and Shaper for the first time with this build. Is it even possible for me with this HP pool? Items with high ele resists + chaos res + high life are a skyrocket in price so I can't afford it :C

I am thinking of replacing Thief's torment. But since you always highlight this item as a CORE I am hesitating to do so. But I don't know how to increase life pool any other way. Any suggestions would be very appreciated. Greetings :)

you can't replace this ring
but your jewels in tree are very bad, find with at least 45 hp, since you are in hardcore flat life should be your main target on jewels
Hi its me again, i kill redmap elder easy now but i struggle with keeping shaper alive any ideas?
"
patricklorenz wrote:
Hi its me again, i kill redmap elder easy now but i struggle with keeping shaper alive any ideas?

I heard Frost Wall helps. And you can place yourself and the totem in front of Shaper to block projectiles.
Proud creator of Hank the Tank™
Forum guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2087746
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ www.youtube.com/captainwarlord ✧゚・: *ヽ(◕ヮ◕ヽ)
Spoiler
"
"
snellis wrote:
Are you over estimating the effect of the Master of Metal keystone in that flask in the PoB? If each implae lasts for 7 hits (5 default +2 from the bonus), and you have a 20% chance to impale for each hit, then on average you would only have 7*.2=1.4 impale stacks on an enemy. So the 'average' added flat damage from the keystone should be 5.6 to 11.2, no? And then the % damage increase would be 7*10%*1.08*.2 = 15% more damage. If that's right, then using dread banner would double those since your impale chance would go from 20 to 40% on each hit. PoB shows more overall damage than war banner with those numbers, but you would lose the burst from the adrenaline (and gain a super fortify instead). Apologies if you've covered this before, but didn't sort through 100+ pages of forum - popular build!

Maybe a teeny tiny bit.

I based my "calculations" on this thread.

You are not accounting for Ichimonji's buff effect here. Though I just took a rough estimate on the flat Phys. It doesn't matter that much anyway.

War Banner increases Physical damage taken, which is additive with Intimidate etc. and also multiplies your total damage dealt.

Adrenaline has a base 2.5s duration at 50 stacks. zzZzZzz

Fortify can't stack and the increased Fortify effect per stage only applies to the Fortify effect granted by the Banner.

I figured I was missing something. That sucks that the dread banner fortify buff doesn't do anything, I figured it would work like ignite where the strongest effect would be active. The wording of it even implies to me that the increased effect of fortify would be active all the time since the other temp bonuses specifically call out 'when placing' or 'on placing' - but that would be way OP so I could see why it's not.
Is the less accuracy useful at all or does the Iron Reflexes make that irrelevant? Changing out your flask for one that is twice as powerful (due to 2x more impales) in the PoB and swapping war for dread banners still shows as more overall dps - at least for targets where you're getting multiple hits in. Thanks for quick response
"
swapping war for dread banners still shows as more overall dps - at least for targets where you're getting multiple hits in. Thanks for quick response

Dread has: impale chance and effect increase, less enemy accuracy, and fortify effect on placement

War has: increased accuracy, near enemies take increased physical damage, gain adrenaline on placement.

Adrenaline grants the following:

100% increased Damage
25% increased Attack, Cast, and Movement Speed
10% additional Physical Damage Reduction
which will also gain benefit from First to strike, last to fall ascendancy point, that Remove all Ailments and Burning when you gain Adrenaline, unless im misinterpreting the trigger on ascendancy skill.

So it looks like while dread may give you more dps on longer fights where you cant charge war; war will give you more survival via purging aliments.

Could be wrong, I havent played much since the vaal patch really and still learning interactions with newer skills
Zelithus (Standard)
"
Hiryukaen wrote:
So it looks like while dread may give you more dps on longer fights where you cant charge war; war will give you more survival via purging aliments.

That's... actually a good point. Since the Adrenaline lasts so short (and it can't stack), not increasing its duration might actually be a good thing to get rid of Burning and stuff.
I haven't seen this in guide, so here's a little QoL trick:

Thief's Torment disables the second ring slot, but if you equip another ring first, it will stay in ring slot once you put on T'sT.

So my boss replacement for Melee Splash always sits in that Unset Ring. The gem even gets exp this way.
Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way.
"
firemind13 wrote:
I haven't seen this in guide, so here's a little QoL trick:

Thief's Torment disables the second ring slot, but if you equip another ring first, it will stay in ring slot once you put on T'sT.

So my boss replacement for Melee Splash always sits in that Unset Ring. The gem even gets exp this way.

Yeah, it's common knowledge and nothing that belongs in a guide. But thanks.
Hello, I'm running this build right now and I'm quite happy with it.
I have zero problems with mobbing, in fact I manage to clear out corrupted t16 maps with ease, however I struggle against bosses. I do way too little damage and can't out-tank them in most cases.
I'm talking about t16 and t17 bosses there like lithomancer and hydra.

Can anyone please look at my build and give me some suggestions on how to increase damage? Apart from getting better body armor, obviously, as I use tabula until I can replace it with something better.
Can I improve anything else?
"
Außenseiter wrote:
Hello, I'm running this build right now and I'm quite happy with it.
I have zero problems with mobbing, in fact I manage to clear out corrupted t16 maps with ease, however I struggle against bosses. I do way too little damage and can't out-tank them in most cases.
I'm talking about t16 and t17 bosses there like lithomancer and hydra.

Can anyone please look at my build and give me some suggestions on how to increase damage? Apart from getting better body armor, obviously, as I use tabula until I can replace it with something better.
Can I improve anything else?

Well main target for you should be getting Loreweave since it provides ton of damage to that build and try to get the best one with 80 res, 50+ life and at least 20.5 phys dmg added
secondly you have pretty bad ichi at this time of league when everything went cost cheap, so you can improve them and buy ones with 2.02+ aps
You do not have any enchant for DS on your helm which is also alot of dmg lacking
and finally you do not have any pdmg added on your belt jewel
Last edited by unhack on Feb 5, 2019, 1:21:03 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info