Xbox servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

Personal feedback

Red maps:

my experience is that its possible to sustain red maps with alch + chaos orbing to around 30% pack size, but what you really wanna do is to vaal orb the map to around 40% pack size.

even then tier 15 maps are so small that you cant expect to get a new tier 15 map or even worse tier 16, and you are forced to go back to tier 14 maps.
so far i find no mega issues, but after some fail vaal orbs with reflect that you cant handle and no trees that you can grab vaal and chaos orbs from, then you will find out that the only way to reach shaper is to be incredible lucky or to abuse noobs.

the need to abuse part is the big issue, when peaple with less knowledge and patience get stuck and give up, then you cant play endgame unless you play with full group, atleast thats what i belive from earlier pc experience, i used to play 3-4 weeks every second league or so.
what i felt was that more players means more maps wich all goes to the map opener/creater.

I think harbringer offered something truly good for endgame but to much of it.

Map colour/difficulty:

White: beginning the endgame "easy/noob"
Yellow: starting to get your shit together in terms of gear and experience "medium"
Red: Now you are happy enough with your gear and build "hard"
T16: This is the hardest shit the game has to offer and you may have to be very experienced or sneak peak to people with more experience.

Now what i felt from white elder was way to close to T16, not in terms of hes health but surely hes damage, you simply aint ready for that shit as a beginner, new people will think, well if this is a white map then there is no point in continuing.

The way you take damage:

How the elder lightning guy deals damage to you with no visual effect at times just aint ok in my opinion.

Dying to any sort of endgame boss on xbox is a true nightmare at times:

The way suurrounding danger gets invisible for a great many seconds after entering the room again is very anoying, atziri may be the greatest example when a fully loaded flameblast gets visible right before its released.

Map design

The uniq dunes map is a failure to me, i will probably never play it again except from challange.
The idea behind the map is not bad, but the map does not feel complete, exactly why is hard to touch on.

cowardstrial is better with the improved spawn timer but i mean people aint scared of rhoas anymore.

uniq maps should me far rarer and it should be the coolest vaal orb map ever or something, having uniq maps in your stash wich you just dont wanna do is wrong.

Guess i need to have something positive aswell :P, so yeah good job on the new burning groun i mean it and extreme scenarios got much better frames.

Last bumped on Feb 11, 2018, 12:06:17 AM
I play mostly solo and found getting any decent map of the same tier or tier higher was a nightmare. Only in groups does the map drop rate shine. I had maps drop that were 3 or more tiers lower than the current map, even when chiseled/alch’d/vaal’d. I find endgame as a solo player to be quite frustrating. Got forced to run easy low tier maps most times, when all I wanted was to run the tiers I was geared and ready for. It’s sad when doing a tier 11 or 12 and getting tier 3 - 9 map drops. Can the RNG at least factor in adjacent maps on the atlas ....or tiers of either equal, or 1 above & below......
"
Righteous25 wrote:
I play mostly solo and found getting any decent map of the same tier or tier higher was a nightmare. Only in groups does the map drop rate shine. I had maps drop that were 3 or more tiers lower than the current map, even when chiseled/alch’d/vaal’d. I find endgame as a solo player to be quite frustrating. Got forced to run easy low tier maps most times, when all I wanted was to run the tiers I was geared and ready for. It’s sad when doing a tier 11 or 12 and getting tier 3 - 9 map drops. Can the RNG at least factor in adjacent maps on the atlas ....or tiers of either equal, or 1 above & below......

Well Im glad to know the map drop fiasco isnt just my problem. For a game where's the end endgame relies on "progression" this league certainly does not know the meaning of that word. Someond F'd up, knowing that there are rules and modifiers in place to pretty much guarantee higher tier drops, getting -1 to -9 on a 90+ atlas is just stupid. Sure we can all (ab)use that RNG excuse till the end of time but when random white mobs start dropping superiour tier maps compared to the actual mapboss... something just aint right. And the worst part is that half my drops are not even close in being connected, they "should" but RNG right!?

*sigh* every time u think that this time's gonna be better, there's just another element that decides to screw everything up. Why I keep playing this game is beyond me, unless u can call being bored a valid reason... sure aint the "fun" Im having cuz this game is not fun. Its an endless grindfest with an abysmal loot(drop) system. Like seriously, Harbi league... 5 mapping characters... 0 EX, this league 6 EX where 4 from them came out of white map chests and vases. Maybe its time to realize that despite all those stats in the game, in reality they are nothing more then screenfillers... a suggestion if u will or am I the only one that walked out of a blue 30/30 zana map with more and better loot then a rare 105/105 one. Suuuuure, RNG right? OK, then why bother with stats, modifiers and itemlvls, hell replace them with 50% chance of getting "something".

What do I know right? Im just one gamer with no developer/coding and/or (data)mining skills that will show that all of it is relevant, accurate and works as "intended... nope, just a guy that bases its findings on the game he plays and whats happening on my screen (desync not icluded)
If only the community would become more vocal on how flawed the endgame altas system is or pretends to be. It shouldn’t be extremely rare to obtain the next adjacent map tier. It’s 95% of the time a tier much lower or another map I’ve completed on the other side of the atlas. Lost count how many maps I bought through trade to actually progress. It’s a grind fest within a grind fest, grind all the lower maps for currency to buy my atlas progression.

I’d rather be the one making the decision if I’m capable of a certain tier rather than just being locked out of it from terrible RNG. The current state of the atlas is why I don’t buy into most of the support packs. I wish I could tell you getting above 120 completion was any better than 1-120, but it ain’t.
U pretty much want the D3 way, beat the GR within time, unlock next lvl. Its a simple but effective solution. Ofc thats liniar gameplay, no branching paths, "deep" story or RNG but it works and I shouldn't compare Diablo to PoE cuz they both have their posi & nega traits. I like the skillgem system but hate the loot, hate Diablo's unique became randomized legendary (less effort, more items) but love the get-something-relevant-when-killing-boss. So what that the GR boss dropped 6 uniques...WOOHOO LOOT! A decent reward for getting the job done. Maybe a bit to much but I take that over a loot explosion with 9 whites, 11 blue and 4 rares... if lucky I might get a couple of C out of em, maybe some EX when realy lucky but in reality u get some trans/alts out of them IF u even bother picking it up no matter the color, quality or even modifiers. U are either lucky or your not (wich feels like that's being determined when the map is loading)

Nothing more depressing then watching on YT a shaper viable build destroying him and what did he get out of it? A pair of wrapped mitts. Great job man, u got what i got 6 acts ago from a wandering mob. Im sure u can't wait to equip them on your newly created alt when he reaches lvl 5. I know loot is a tricky thing but when most of your uniques are being overshadowed by rares (shaper/elder specically) u might wanna go back to the drawing table and come up with something better then increased light radius, more phys but less wpn damge, "all sockets are white (it has ONLY 1) to name a few or actively trying to kill u (yes Im looking at u "Death's oath", more like "deads owed") wich makes it unique but in a fun hindering way.

Oh well, enough items to go around and there's always the next revamp/balance patch or content update.

edit (cuz im not gonna make a seperate post)

Whoever bought my Dendrobate sentinal jacket (priced 2 alc) for 52 wisdom scrolls, 40 AS, 20 BW, 2 blessed, 10 C, 4 vaal, a whispering & a wheeping essence... u overpaid lol but thnx bruh!
Last edited by ObliXB1 on Feb 11, 2018, 3:48:26 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info