Best Tank Build That Can Do Damage?

Interesting, I've been using Roots for the most part but maybe those boots are worth trying.
livejamie
RF, LLRF, max block summoner. Those are the tankiest shaper viable builds I know
Last edited by Birb_ on Feb 13, 2018, 9:23:18 PM
It's probably molten strike for sure as the skill.

Strength stacking geoffri armour / shaper glove is very strong for ES.

Watcher's eye with ES on hit with discipline .

Dunno
"
1453R wrote:
Necromancer is a different kind of tanky. Also I'm not sure how they regenerate ES? If you mean Bone offering block tanks, those are generally life-based, with the Bone Offering's 'Recover ~600 Life on Block' making them basically immortal against packs but requiring them to be as careful as most everything else against most bosses. They require more care to design and more investment, though they're probably the best overall option for someone looking for a heavily defensive spell-based build, rather than an attack build.

Spirit offering gives ES, the same way that bone offering gives block, to the necromancer. So, cast that frequently enough and you gain significant amounts of flat ES added. This is also not dependent on ES regen being active at the time, so you don't have to worry about the delay.

"

Minions gain 2% of their Maximum Life as
Extra Maximum Energy Shield for each corpse consumed

"
SlippyCheeze wrote:
"
1453R wrote:
Necromancer is a different kind of tanky. Also I'm not sure how they regenerate ES? If you mean Bone offering block tanks, those are generally life-based, with the Bone Offering's 'Recover ~600 Life on Block' making them basically immortal against packs but requiring them to be as careful as most everything else against most bosses. They require more care to design and more investment, though they're probably the best overall option for someone looking for a heavily defensive spell-based build, rather than an attack build.

Spirit offering gives ES, the same way that bone offering gives block, to the necromancer. So, cast that frequently enough and you gain significant amounts of flat ES added. This is also not dependent on ES regen being active at the time, so you don't have to worry about the delay.

"

Minions gain 2% of their Maximum Life as
Extra Maximum Energy Shield for each corpse consumed

Yeah, that's what I did on my Baron Summoner back before 3.0 and Poison being nerfed into oblivion. Spirit Offering for a hefty flat ES gain and a bunch of Poison-enhancing Chaos damage for my critters. The issue is that Spirit Offering isn't really reliably tanky, since it relies on constant, heavy corpse generation. Sure, in the middle of a Breach or Abyss you'll hit that ten corpse limit every cast, but against big bosses with scant adds? Spirit Offering is almost entirely reliant on junk like CWDT Desecrate or Unearth+GMP to fuel it, and since it scales based on life you're left scaling life in your tree/gear, not necessarily the ES stuff you'd need to really layer on the pow with Spirit Offering.

SO is best for people who can make effective use of the phys-added-chaos modifier and use the ES gain as a bonus. Bone Offering is still king for Tankromancers, methinks.
"
1453R wrote:

SO is best for people who can make effective use of the phys-added-chaos modifier and use the ES gain as a bonus. Bone Offering is still king for Tankromancers, methinks.

I don't disagree. I was responding to the specific question about ES regen, not the more general question of "which offering is the right choice" :)
"
RF, LLRF, max block summoner. Those are the tankiest shaper viable builds I know

That seems about right.
livejamie

Well, I'm finally back after a bit of hiatus. But like snorkle mentioned, Aegis Guardian is the tankiest build in existence right now that can finish Shaper. Face-tanks everything in the game, except uber atziri.

But damage isn't quite there for the build in terms of clear-speed. It can kill Shaper, because its literally immune to all damage for most of the fight. So you can take as long as you want to finish Shaper off.

If your looking for something of a balance. I'd go a for the spellomancer max-block with volatile dead. It's pretty good for both.
(⌐■_■)
https://pastebin.com/kDB1uncj

My character in HC challenge league (died bc game crash when open box) ing name MichalNebulochWielder.
-passive immune to bleed, freeze, chill poison, shock, temp chain
-10 endu charge, 35k armour and some other minor stuff like 18% ele dmg reduction.
-lots place to improve (probaby 7k life and 500k sunder dps is possible)

This character can facetank every boss up to t15 (I dont try any t16) which deal mostly phys dmg with 3 dmg modes (even shit like crit+2x ele dmg mod). You just stand and hit rmb.
Maping is also smood. You one shot every blue pack and move realy fast. Overall realy balance build.

btw. its also fairly cheap, straight forwards build.
Last edited by pijanapanda on Feb 16, 2018, 7:18:56 AM
New Shield Throw gem is looking to make for an interesting tanky build. Scale your damage with nodes that increase the defensive power if your shield. Use a Magna Eclipsis for high base damage and the ele bubble. All the best nodes for this are in reach of Duelist and Gladiator has block based nodes, including spell block. Though Gladiator is likely changed I bet it will be buffs.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info