wrong gateway?

Actually iam using London for 50ms ping (located near Berlin).

Occasially if i enter a new Area the game sends me to a bad gateway where the ping is around 200ms, i have to restart the zone several times until i have 50ms ping again, is it intended that it works this way? I dont know if it helps the server if i have to reset the Zone 5times before i can play smooth (lockstep). I have also checked the current Server IP for the current area and it seems the IP is a complete another location. Is there something like a overflow mechanic that sends you to arctic if London is full or something?
Last bumped on Feb 8, 2018, 4:03:14 PM
"
Fumina wrote:
Actually iam using London for 50ms ping (located near Berlin).

Occasially if i enter a new Area the game sends me to a bad gateway where the ping is around 200ms, i have to restart the zone several times until i have 50ms ping again, is it intended that it works this way? I dont know if it helps the server if i have to reset the Zone 5times before i can play smooth (lockstep). I have also checked the current Server IP for the current area and it seems the IP is a complete another location. Is there something like a overflow mechanic that sends you to arctic if London is full or something?

there is a load balancer at ggg's servers which redirects you to another game server in case the desired one is at full capacity.

nothing you can do about it.
London hasn't been at capacity in the last few days, so I don't think you're falling back to another region.

When you're in the instance that's performing badly:
1) What gateway does it specify in the top-right when you hit tab?
2) What IP address is specified in your logs/Client.txt file when you've connected to it?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info