Why can't we trade MTX?

"
BatMan421 wrote:
Title. Don't see any reason for this not to be a thing.

*FACEPALM* Duh... 'cause PoE is FTP so GGG only makes revenue by selling mtx (according to the recent Chris interview GGG was losing money on selling unique weapon designs so they had to stop it). If mtx could be traded then many would buy a few to start out and then when tired of using them would trade for other mtx and not buy more. That's why.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
People would still buy supporter packs, and be more happy having more mtx, rather than more dupes!!

GGG you gotta be more humane!
Poe 2.0 new trailers when?
You know what I would want, is the ability to buy back duplicates that I have. At say 50% less points, so that way I can invest in more the things I desire.
MTX represent real money. Trading them would open a real ugly can of lawyers. And taxes. Think of the taxes. Who needs to pay which taxes to whom where in an international trade of MTX over the internet? It's easier to just say "No." and skip the whole mess.
"Into the Labyrinth!
left step, right step, step step, left left.
Into the Labyrinth!"
"
Mythabril wrote:
MTX represent real money. Trading them would open a real ugly can of lawyers. And taxes. Think of the taxes. Who needs to pay which taxes to whom where in an international trade of MTX over the internet? It's easier to just say "No." and skip the whole mess.

I think people say trade mtx as salvaging dupes or unwanted mtx into points!
As in trade mtx into points.. but account based!

What do you think about that, its exactly what almost everyone with the brain wants..

Few exceptions would be hideout decorations and pets.
Poe 2.0 new trailers when?
Trading MTX´s would result in GGG LOSING money BIGTIME.

I assume you mean MTX for ingame currency. But even if that wasn´t the case, and players would use RL money, GGG would still use money, ass players would sell off unwanted MTX´s which in turn would satisfy the demand of another player who otherwise would´ve been willing to buy from GGG directly.

If we are talking MTX for ingame currency it would be even worse. Because the supply of that is endless.
I´ve played a game where ppl were allowed to do that and that opens up a new breed of players whose only goal is to collect MTX´s and resell them. You will have ppl messaging ppl everywhere. It´s g onna be disgusting.

And the broke player, who buys unwanted MTX´s off of a rich boy who´s cleaning out his closet,
still doesn´t lead to the rich boy receiving real money, that he could re-invest in buying MTX´s.

"
Mythabril wrote:

I know we are living in a statist nightmare, but I don't think we are quite at this point yet.
What I think would be cool is a reroll box or service of some type. Say you own 3 duplicate items that you just have nothing to with. You can take these three items, put them into a "mystery? box and have it re rolled for a new item from the store based on the point cost of the lowest item you put into the box.

So here are my duplicates:
Some wings: 320
Some footprints: 80 points
Some ability skin: 90 points

My new item: Anything (randomly generated like a mystery box drop) from the point store valued up to 80 points.

Yeah it sucks my 320 point cape would only be worth 80 points, but it's worth zero points never being used.
Achievement hunter!
Last edited by Verrilo on Feb 21, 2018, 1:55:03 PM
I dont see any any key!
Pretty much a bad idea

It encourages "cough" RMT "cough"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info