A Beta Friend Key for the best answer to my question.

I will help you if you help me. My beta friend key will go to the person who gives me the best answer to my question. I have a question regarding a particular skill in BETA. I understand that people needing a beta key will not necessarily know the answer to my question, but I am sure someone will use their resources and ask around. I have, to no avail.

I am currently on my second character. A Templar. My plan is to use Discharge as my primary skill. Don't bother asking for a link to my build because I know it is correct. I have all endurance charges but my damage with Discharge is still very weak so it appears I am using the wrong gear for my build.

My question is this: What is the best gear to use for Discharge? What stats and mods? What support gems? Energy shield or armor? 2H weapon, or Shield?

The key will go to the best "Helpful" response I get so make it good =D.

Thank you in advance.
I don't think someone can help you without playing like you said
It's better to ask in the templar section.
I read that discharge does aoe damage around your character. If it were me i'd probably use a shield to beef up defense so you can stay in the thick of it, with some debuffing support spells. I don't know for sure since I haven't played yet. But just theory crafting! Best of luck Friend! Just saw a spell called temptest Shield that damages mobs when you block an attack, could be interesting!
Last edited by blake420 on Feb 27, 2012, 1:46:18 PM
Try to max def/hp (Shield+ high armor), or take the 2H sword for some farm.
Energy shield is useless in your build, imo.

Good luck with your templar.
:V
The correct answer is Spongebob Squarepants
to be honest, I have no idea because I haven't gotten to play Path of Exile yet. I will try my best to help you though by researching this.

While reading your post, you said that you use all endurance charges. So that means that you deal fire damage right? Then shouldn't you be using items that increase your fire damage? Also, since you are using it and it is magic based, I would suggest wearing gear that you can attack with having good armor while being able to tank, but mainly focus the stats and support gems with + fire damage so that you can blast everyone away easily.
TBH, answering questions without even trying the game once is like shooting in the dark. But here goes, let the bullseye walk right in front...

Discharge looks an int based skill. In the hands of a templar you might need more than just endurance charges to pack quite a boom, since endurance alone would only grant you only fire based damage that wouldnt scale as much as it would if an int based witch is casting the skill.
If you want to run this skill on a templar you`ll need a serious amount of point in int to do any substantial damage, going the hybrid route too far would gimp you if this is your main go-to skill.

Packing fire damage support gems might sound like a good idea but Im getting the feeling that they would only increase your already low base damage by a small percent which by itself would be too little damage bonus included.
Instead why dont you try using the Concentrate AoE support gem? Since you`ll be dukeing out damage in melee range being a templar, the skill would work in harmony with blasting units in close range with discharge while off-tanking on the go, and you`ll be able to tank a bit with the hybrid str based bonuses the class got as well even if you go with a heavy int based hybrid build, so tis a win-win situation, probably.

Hope that helps you, GL.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info