[3.10] From League Starter to Shaper – Cheap, Tanky, Fast and Fun Physical ST – Very Detailed Guide

Hey, just came back to PoE and decided to follow your build. Is there anything I can improve on with my current build? Still working my way around mapping and all the new stuff, haven't played since 1.0.
thank you so much for the build, that help me a lot. Thank you <3
This guide came up as I was searching league starter guides and am quite impressed.

I've never played a good duelist character, so will be trying this out in the flashback coming up. Then I think I'll push it all the way next league.

Thanks for your very thorough guide.
Casual Player - who likes microtransactions and hideouts.
Thanks guys.

"
chensyang wrote:
Hey, just came back to PoE and decided to follow your build. Is there anything I can improve on with my current build? Still working my way around mapping and all the new stuff, haven't played since 1.0.

Your gear is very nice. Just the life rolls on some items aren't very good but the rest of the stats make it difficult to replace them. You shouldn't have any problems in the game. Since you seem to have enough money in the league you can do the 30% quality corruption for more damage.
From League Starter to Shaper – Cheap, Tanky, Fast and Fun Physical ST – Very Detailed Guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077519

Gannicus, God of the Arena – Deathless Uber Elder for Everyone
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2627521
Hi again. I work all day Friday so today I thought I'd spend a few hours working on leveling a trial of this build.

Everything is fine except mana early on. I have to use 3 mana flasks just to keep enough mana for spectral throw to be able to keep going. Is this normal? I know it will get better when I get my first ascendancy, and I'm only level 28 right now. I made it to the Dried Lake so think I will level a few levels here and get some claws that give mana on kill - None of the claws I researched gave mana on hit until level 50 in Poe.Trade.

Thanks again for the guide I am loving this and will start fresh tomorrow night after work.

EDIT!!!

I just realized at 31 I get BM support which will take from life instead of mana - will that help? At least for wb?

Also I spec'd into a jewel node and got a +damage + claw damage jewel with physical damage leached as mana so that will help I'm sure.

EDIT 2:
Much better now since I got a second mana leach jewel. On my way toward Soul Raker to help out as well.

Thanks again!
IGN: Elbowest or Nimooth
Last edited by Lumaya on May 3, 2018, 9:53:44 PM
"
Lumaya wrote:

Everything is fine except mana early on. I have to use 3 mana flasks just to keep enough mana for spectral throw to be able to keep going.

I started leveling this character just to try out the build and ran into this problem. I got around the mana problem by running Poacher's Mark.

Since the mark procs on both the initial throw and on the return hit, you can proc the mana gain twice per target for each cast of spectral throw. This lets you recover all of your mana from a single mob.

I'm leveling with a tabula (lvl 30 right now) and each spectral throw cast costs 22 mana compared to the base mana cost of 7. So I would imagine that this should work for most setups (i.e. 5L, 4L, and 3L setups). I didn't test warlord's mark so I'm unsure if it would be better or worse.

EDIT: Forgot to add that you can choose poacher's mark as a reward for the first quest in Act 3.
Last edited by Catcus on May 4, 2018, 5:51:15 AM
Is slayer still preferred over champion in 3.2?
sorry but Spectral Throw i think is the worst gem at Poe :-)

the leveling is a pain, could maybe someone look on my gear, and tell me which huge mistake a have done :) ?

-> A_Stable_Genius_
Last edited by iDT on May 4, 2018, 10:10:58 PM
Hey, im thinking of following this guide for my flashback event starter, would you say this is viable for HC? Or more of a SC build. Thanks for the guide!
"
Catcus wrote:
"
Lumaya wrote:

Everything is fine except mana early on. I have to use 3 mana flasks just to keep enough mana for spectral throw to be able to keep going.

I started leveling this character just to try out the build and ran into this problem. I got around the mana problem by running Poacher's Mark.

Since the mark procs on both the initial throw and on the return hit, you can proc the mana gain twice per target for each cast of spectral throw. This lets you recover all of your mana from a single mob.

I'm leveling with a tabula (lvl 30 right now) and each spectral throw cast costs 22 mana compared to the base mana cost of 7. So I would imagine that this should work for most setups (i.e. 5L, 4L, and 3L setups). I didn't test warlord's mark so I'm unsure if it would be better or worse.

EDIT: Forgot to add that you can choose poacher's mark as a reward for the first quest in Act 3.

Poacher's mark is a good idea. I'll add that too.

"
IrJunk wrote:
Is slayer still preferred over champion in 3.2?

Please tell me you're trolling...

"
Cykyter wrote:
Hey, im thinking of following this guide for my flashback event starter, would you say this is viable for HC? Or more of a SC build. Thanks for the guide!

The build is designed as SC but it does have huge leech and a lot of life and mobility. I believe it would be viable in HC but I don't play there so I can't say for sure.

From League Starter to Shaper – Cheap, Tanky, Fast and Fun Physical ST – Very Detailed Guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077519

Gannicus, God of the Arena – Deathless Uber Elder for Everyone
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2627521

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info