[3.10] From League Starter to Shaper – Cheap, Tanky, Fast and Fun Physical ST – Very Detailed Guide

"
Projectile speed will simply give you more range with GMP. Projectile damage is way more important for killing endgame bosses.
Also projectile speed will make the claws travel further when you're using slower projectiles which will reduce their damage on the return hit due to point blank.

So you think the projectile speed from the Sniper talent makes the damage from the same talent not good enough? It's 2 points for 30% projectile damage.
Point Blank makes projectiles do less damage if they travel farther, so the gains would be partially lost by increasing projectile speed.
Last edited by Damios on Mar 13, 2018, 5:18:36 PM
"
Vab206 wrote:
Has anyone thought about swapping the claw nodes for 1hand nodes and using Oni-goroshi? this being a pure phys build. I would think you could maybe drop some of the crit for Lava Lash, Primeval Force, and Force of Nature for good ele pen and fire dmg boost

IMO you can make anything work since spectral throw is just really really solid. Ive played ST slayer with a 2hand + brutality before and cleared T16. You probably dont get as much ias/crit from tree though, in comparison to claws.
Last edited by jan_zippo on Mar 13, 2018, 6:24:23 PM
"
"
Projectile speed will simply give you more range with GMP. Projectile damage is way more important for killing endgame bosses.
Also projectile speed will make the claws travel further when you're using slower projectiles which will reduce their damage on the return hit due to point blank.

So you think the projectile speed from the Sniper talent makes the damage from the same talent not good enough? It's 2 points for 30% projectile damage.

If you level until 93 then follow my tree. It's min maxed. If you go further than that then Poisonous Fangs is better than Sniper.
From League Starter to Shaper – Cheap, Tanky, Fast and Fun Physical ST – Very Detailed Guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077519

Gannicus, God of the Arena – Deathless Uber Elder for Everyone
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2627521
Is it just me or is this build really challenging to kill bosses as while leveling? I've never struggled so much killing early bosses in this game as I am with Spectral Throw.

Also, is this build considered glass cannon or squishy when you get to mapping? I tend to play tankier builds like cyclone/sunder/block or totem/necro. Just trying to decide if I want to continue leveling or not.

Thanks for the guide, very well written and organized.
"
mattmo wrote:
Is it just me or is this build really challenging to kill bosses as while leveling? I've never struggled so much killing early bosses in this game as I am with Spectral Throw.

Also, is this build considered glass cannon or squishy when you get to mapping? I tend to play tankier builds like cyclone/sunder/block or totem/necro. Just trying to decide if I want to continue leveling or not.

Thanks for the guide, very well written and organized.

The build is really good later on, yea boss fight while leveling is somewhat challenging but can be solved if you get the recommended unique claws in the gear guide. Once u get Ornament of the east, its a breeze till lvl 60 when you can get wasp nest which is good enough to map till high lvl maps. Also swapping GMP with slower projectiles increases ur dps while killing boss. I havent tho switched the gem as the claws dmg was enough till T7 map. Just need upgrading gear but since I play casual its hard getting currency to buy those high life gears.
"
Lapsi wrote:

The build is really good later on, yea boss fight while leveling is somewhat challenging but can be solved if you get the recommended unique claws in the gear guide. Once u get Ornament of the east, its a breeze till lvl 60 when you can get wasp nest which is good enough to map till high lvl maps. Also swapping GMP with slower projectiles increases ur dps while killing boss. I havent tho switched the gem as the claws dmg was enough till T7 map. Just need upgrading gear but since I play casual its hard getting currency to buy those high life gears.

Yeah I was a bit salty writing that post as I died about 5 times to Innocence in Act 5, lol. Honestly nothing too bad prior to that, but that fight was a nightmare. Decoy totem + slower proj got it done though. I think I'll keep pushing through and see how it goes as the skill tree and gear fill out.

I feel like once you have a high attack speed and leech the build will feel a lot smoother and less spiky.

Thanks for your input.
Hi sir,

Firstly I do want to say thank you for the detailed guide. I find the build enjoyable and it was strong throughout the questing experience. The only levels I would say I struggled was around the 30-45 range but that was because I did not read the part about what claws to get as leveling.

However where I am now is where I am struggling and it is the part I usually struggle. It is where I start going into mid tier maps 4-6. It is mostly cause I am a very causal player and do not always make the right decisions when it comes to gear choices(it is what makes path of exile both beautiful and brutal).

My question is what gear piece would you recommend I replace next? I feel my setup is somewhat balanced but I can feel it struggling and I am not sure what I should go for next? Are there any pieces that has a red flag that you would say replace this immediately cause it is garbage?

Again thanks for the fantastic build.

Kind regards,
Gerrit.
Last edited by Stgerrit on Mar 14, 2018, 5:20:35 AM
"
Stgerrit wrote:
Hi sir,

Firstly I do want to say thank you for the detailed guide. I find the build enjoyable and it was strong throughout the questing experience. The only levels I would say I struggled was around the 30-45 range but that was because I did not read the part about what claws to get as leveling.

However where I am now is where I am struggling and it is the part I usually struggle. It is where I start going into mid tier maps 4-6. It is mostly cause I am a very causal player and do not always make the right decisions when it comes to gear choices(it is what makes path of exile both beautiful and brutal).

My question is what gear piece would you recommend I replace next? I feel my setup is somewhat balanced but I can feel it struggling and I am not sure what I should go for next? Are there any pieces that has a red flag that you would say replace this immediately cause it is garbage?

Again thanks for the fantastic build.

Kind regards,
Gerrit.

Hey there. Nicely written message.
You say you're struggling. What's the problem exactly, dying often or not enough damage ? I can see solutions for both. First of all you need to get a lot more life on your gear. High life + leech ensures survivability. I see you have a 5L chest. Why aren't you using the 5th gem socket ? If you're having mana problems temporarily remove HoA. Using the 5th socket is more important than that.
Your armour is ok for now. Make sure you craft something on it. Then start upgrading one by one depending on your budget. I'd start from the helmet which has low life and mediocre res.
From League Starter to Shaper – Cheap, Tanky, Fast and Fun Physical ST – Very Detailed Guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077519

Gannicus, God of the Arena – Deathless Uber Elder for Everyone
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2627521
I'm level 65 and scared to spec into Vaal Pact. Neither of my claws do life leech, and I currently leech 2%. My regen is 49 per second with 2773hp.

Right now I'm using Wasp Nest and Ornament of the East.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info