[3.10] From League Starter to Shaper – Cheap, Tanky, Fast and Fun Physical ST – Very Detailed Guide

My very first build in the game and I got a lot of fun from the game. Got 78 lvl and realized that softcore is too relaxed for me, I'll try HC, although I understand that it will end rather unsuccessfully, but rofling at SC seems boring for me. Got some questions about game mechanics since I just started playing.
How blood rage works, why sometimes we dont get damage. It seems like something is healing us despite of VP, but I do not see a single buff.
So I want to make sure: mana lich is useful only after lvl60 so mana flask - our only way out?
Maybe any suggests about gems before maps cuz BR, hatred+herald and other stuff not really usable before lvl60 or so.
Very bored to change the gems so are there any scripts and whether they are allowed. Or some other way out.
Thank you very much for writing the guide.
Last edited by theonly77 on Mar 11, 2018, 10:40:59 PM
Would Forbidden Taste work well with this? Since leech would almost completely counteract the chaos damage. Would be a much better "oh heck" button than a seething flask I would think.
What about new armor LOREWEAVE for this build?
Last edited by noDOCTOR on Mar 12, 2018, 11:20:07 AM
Thanks for this build - first time that I'm really digging into this game and the build makes it a real pleasure.

Question - I just found my first Ex, should I trade it for Chaos Orbs and upgrade my gear (Res Cap, 5.1k HP, 11.4k Tooltip DPS) or should I invest into 1 Scourge ?

"
theonly77 wrote:
My very first build in the game and I got a lot of fun from the game. Got 78 lvl and realized that softcore is too relaxed for me, I'll try HC, although I understand that it will end rather unsuccessfully, but rofling at SC seems boring for me. Got some questions about game mechanics since I just started playing.
How blood rage works, why sometimes we dont get damage. It seems like something is healing us despite of VP, but I do not see a single buff.
So I want to make sure: mana lich is useful only after lvl60 so mana flask - our only way out?
Maybe any suggests about gems before maps cuz BR, hatred+herald and other stuff not really usable before lvl60 or so.
Very bored to change the gems so are there any scripts and whether they are allowed. Or some other way out.
Thank you very much for writing the guide.

I suggest you read the guide again, there are tips that you probably missed. Mana gain on hit is better than leech early.
Also since you're new to the game check the wiki for things like blood rage.

"
iGigabyted wrote:
Would Forbidden Taste work well with this? Since leech would almost completely counteract the chaos damage. Would be a much better "oh heck" button than a seething flask I would think.

Forbidden Taste would also work just fine. Probably better to not use it in lab though.

"
noDOCTOR wrote:
What about new armor LOREWEAVE for this build?

I was actually looking at Loreweave yesterday. It's kind of surprising that they added such an armour to the game. The obvious disadvantage is that is has low life and no resists. But it adds physical damage, crit, elemental damage (we do some of that too so it's useful) and 80% elemental resists ! That last stat sounds pretty OP to me. It means 20% less elemental damage taken.

The obvious problem is that every stat is a range so it's virtually impossible to get very high rolls on everything that you want. I guess the price of divines is going to go through the roof.

So, to answer your question. If you get one with good rolls on the important stats then it's a good alternative. Personally I'm keeping my 40% life Belly.

From League Starter to Shaper – Cheap, Tanky, Fast and Fun Physical ST – Very Detailed Guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077519

Gannicus, God of the Arena – Deathless Uber Elder for Everyone
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2627521
Hi all

Can the OP or anyone else have a look at my Char Frosty_Ninja please and let me know what you think of the gear so far, currently lvl 43 in act 5, dmg seems low around 1k dps with GMP and around 1.5k SP for bosses, using pretty much gear that drops and crafting as not a lot of currency (never had much luck with drops)

done the first lab too, haven't died as yet either so far, i get the first endless hunger for the leech but the dmg does nothing for us.

any tips is much appreciated on areas to maybe farm for gear / currency

managed to get 2 x the wasp nest for later on but atm i cant afford the required the scourge

thanks
IGN: The_Nutcase
Whats the best gem setup for a 5link chest in this build?
"
ToxicXfi wrote:
Hi all

Can the OP or anyone else have a look at my Char Frosty_Ninja please and let me know what you think of the gear so far, currently lvl 43 in act 5, dmg seems low around 1k dps with GMP and around 1.5k SP for bosses, using pretty much gear that drops and crafting as not a lot of currency (never had much luck with drops)

done the first lab too, haven't died as yet either so far, i get the first endless hunger for the leech but the dmg does nothing for us.

any tips is much appreciated on areas to maybe farm for gear / currency

managed to get 2 x the wasp nest for later on but atm i cant afford the required the scourge

thanks

Hey ToxicXfi - as the guide states under "Gear" get Ornament of the East at lvl 46 and it will get much better ! Had the same problems / concers as you at this level but the weapons changed it instantaneously. They cost ~1 Fusing / Alch so you should be good 2 go. If you don't have enough, send me a pm and you can have mine.
"
chenza wrote:

if you read the guide properly at gem linking he has mentioned the gem are in order of importance so increased critical left out.... Just switch ur GMP to SMP for boss... As for me I don't. It has been fine killing all the boss till T7 without switching
"
Lapsi wrote:
"
chenza wrote:

if you read the guide properly at gem linking he has mentioned the gem are in order of importance so increased critical left out.... Just switch ur GMP to SMP for boss... As for me I don't. It has been fine killing all the boss till T7 without switching

Ah I did, my bad. Kept looking for it but must have missed it everytime.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info