Exalted Orbs, Quantity and Tin Foily stuff.

I noticed interesting thing. I get more Exalted orbs drop when I play average-below average clear speed toon compared to fully decked MF sportcar who runs maps 4 times faster. I just get more raw ex with non MF char which also runs less maps. That's pretty odd to me.

Maybe it's RNG, small sample size, but what if there is hidden shenanigans that balance chance to drop Exalted orb when you meet certain IIQ threshold on your gear or / and maybe there is also something about monster killed / hour or something along this lines?

What do you think and what is your experience?
Last bumped on Jan 22, 2018, 1:05:53 PM
You also might be missing some that drop on your speed clear character. Maybe.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
You also might be missing some that drop on your speed clear character. Maybe.

Well, I had my loot filter fail me at least one time when I didn't heard that sharp sound of T1 currency drop, but I don't think that's the case overall.
A bit ago, i tested the loot filter sound proximity.
The maximum distance appears to be pretty limited, around a diagonal of a 1920x1080 screen.

An other factor could be that you MFer isnt as offensive as you think, leaving alive most rare mobs without you even noticing.
PLEASE QUOTE ME IF YOU ARE EXPECTING A REPLY
Last edited by xhul on Jan 21, 2018, 6:54:22 PM
"
xhul wrote:
A bit ago, i tested the loot filter sound proximity.
The maximum distance appears to be pretty limited, around a diagonal of a 1920x1080 screen.

An other factor could be that you MFer isnt as offensive as you think, leaving alive most rare mobs without you even noticing.

I don't leave rares behind. Interesting find about distance.
I can confirm killing slowly does no net more exalts - my characters kill extremely slowly and still find none! ;-p

(In seriousness, I have no idea. All I can confirm is I seldom find anything good and if I do there will surely be a patch that renders it worthless within the next couple of days!).
Dropped last one on non-bisco char. Their drop rate is quite low to make any statistics conclusions though.

I found most on them doing dailies and only one or two on maps.
Im not sure mate, i think is RNG playing with u:) I have 2 char 1 fast trash clear and 1 boss killer and ive droped 1ex wit each of them... Im not lucky this league for ex drops...Just saying :) some ppl have raining ex from t skye and some dont drop any even with full MF build... Thats PoE man, u never know what's gona hit u and when :)
"There is only one true god in PoE and that is Greed... "

I don’t need anger management, I need people to stop pissing me off!
That's just really odd to me that I drop more ex a day on slow character with no MF who runs less maps.
I find more exalts in boulders/trunks/jars than in monster's drops.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info