Legal Flask Macro

After much searching I've reached the conclusion that autohotkey scripts are ok to use as long as 1 key press does not generate more than 1 server side action. Since I suck at writing scripts I googled some more and found an example that rotates through your flasks with each key press.

Spoiler
[Removed by Support]

[Removed by Support]

What I would like the script to do is to reset after a certain amount of time, maybe 1 or 2 seconds. Does anyone know how to do this?
Last edited by Melissa_GGG on Jan 21, 2018, 8:42:59 PM
Last bumped on Jan 21, 2018, 2:18:52 AM
Have you email GGG your script? Are you sure thats not break TOS?
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
I did not email GGG. I reached this conclusion after reading various replies from GGG regarding the use of macros.

I post this here (and not on autohotkey or other scripting forums) in case it is not legal. We shall soon find out.
The only flask macro you should ever need would involve uninstalling the game as soon as you use a flask, because if you need to use a macro to press 4 (or sometimes even 5!) keys at once then you really aren't suited to playing a game on PC.

Edit: I would expect this kind of script would be condemned by GGG based off of other scripts they'd stated as being against the terms of service. People have asked if using mouse scroll to cycle through flasks is ok, which has been rejected several times. It's exactly the same concept as yours, the only difference being the key being pressed. Email GGG, don't ask here. You're wasting your time and are probably just going to receive shit from people like me.
Last edited by Shazamarang on Jan 18, 2018, 9:27:41 PM
"
Shazamarang wrote:
The only flask macro you should ever need would involve uninstalling the game as soon as you use a flask, because if you need to use a macro to press 4 (or sometimes even 5!) keys at once then you really aren't suited to playing a game on PC.

Perhaps you should limit other activities to people unable to press keys with all their fingers. Why don't you start a list?
The only thing they might catch you on is "automation" since your script "automatically" selects the next flask for the keystroke.

Also... you'll find that it's a hell of a lot easier to hit three keys in sequence than hit the same key three times.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
The only thing they might catch you on is "automation" since your script "automatically" selects the next flask for the keystroke.

Also... you'll find that it's a hell of a lot easier to hit three keys in sequence than hit the same key three times.

I'm trying to move as many functions to my right thumb as possible (Razor Naga Mouse) to limit needed inputs from my left fingers, which I recently cut.
Last edited by Rastan2 on Jan 18, 2018, 10:08:56 PM
"
Rastan2 wrote:
"
Shazamarang wrote:

Perhaps you should limit other activities to people unable to press keys with all their fingers. Why don't you start a list?

I'm not going to start an argument with you, because it's a waste of time. But I will say that automation of any kind is frowned upon, which this is honestly bordering. Flasks are also not required to play the game at all, they might be insanely overpowered but they are far from required. If you have a sort of disability and thus cannot press a few keys at once, that isn't GGG's problem to deal with. They shouldn't have to let the game be easier for the majority just to fit in a very small minority of players. I'm not trying to come across like a dick, not with that statement at least, but it's true. And even then, you can play without flasks. Not being able to borderline automate your flasks isn't preventing you from playing the game.
[/quote]I'm not going to start an argument with you, because it's a waste of time. But I will say that automation of any kind is frowned upon, which this is honestly bordering. Flasks are also not required to play the game at all, they might be insanely overpowered but they are far from required. If you have a sort of disability and thus cannot press a few keys at once, that isn't GGG's problem to deal with. They shouldn't have to let the game be easier for the majority just to fit in a very small minority of players. I'm not trying to come across like a dick, not with that statement at least, but it's true. And even then, you can play without flasks. Not being able to borderline automate your flasks isn't preventing you from playing the game.[/quote]

Then stop wasting your time in my thread, you are not providing any constructive advice.
"
Rastan2 wrote:

I'm trying to move as many functions to my right thumb as possible (Razor Naga Mouse) to limit needed inputs from my left fingers, which I recently cut.

Rub some dirt on it and get back in the game.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info