KNOCK BACK Causes Monster DSYNC (Video proof inside)

There is indisputable evidence that on the Xbox version of Path of Exile, any form of Knock Back will dsync the monster between the CLIENT and the SERVER. This is most notably evident on BOSSES or High HP RARES that do not move frequently (or at all.)

If a monster is knocked back, their actual position will be different for the CLIENT then they actually are on the server side. Since the server side is all that matters when it comes to hit recognition, this will inevitably end up with you thinking you should hit the monster (based on position) but will not be able to (unless you hit them where they actually are on the server.) That monster will remain dsynced until 1 of 2 things happen 1) the monster actually moves (walks) or 2) dies. If the monster moves, they will essentially "teleport" on the client side to the server location as the server and client link up.

Here is my proof. I have two game clips from the same boss on Atoll. I picked Atoll because that boss does not move and thus will remain dsynced until it actually dies.

The first clip shows me actually dsyncing the boss using cyclone and a knock back gem. You will notice that once I knock him down to the furthest position I stop hitting him unless I cyclone back up way above him (where the boss actually is on the server side.)

The second clip is of me killing the boss using flicker strike. You will notice that when I flicker, I flicker between the bosses position on the CLIENT and where the boss actually is on the SERVER side. Interestingly enough when the boss is dsynced only 50% of my flickers actually register a hit. Eventually I do kill him and show his LOOT location. The loot location is very clearly up above where the monster visually was on the client.

The solution? Until GGG fixes this, players should remove ALL sources of knock back. Lions Roar flask, Knock Back Gems and King of the Hill passive.

Clip 1
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/An%20old%20orange/video/42379502

Clip 2
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/An%20old%20orange/video/42379517
Last edited by furiousgeorge on Jan 14, 2018, 2:36:08 PM
Last bumped on Jan 15, 2018, 3:56:44 AM
Yeah, this can get pretty annoying, especially when you die to desynced mobs teleporting on top of you. Hopefully one day Xbox gets a lockstep type of system.
PoE Console Discord Admin

Logic never changes, just the syntax.
Hmm. I had wondered why sometimes I seem to missing the shit out of the boss right on top of them.
problem is is that even without knock back or even having hit a mob yet they are still mispositioned and not at their shown location. many times I had to run around trying to figure out where they actually were or to get them unstuck from where they think they are.

this maybe contributing a lot of desync issues with other builds such as flicker strike cause your attacks are not in the correct location for the mobs true location. again this would be a server issue

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info